Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

32 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd take him at 10. To me, he's a similar level prospect as Ezekiel Elliott was.

Can't argue that. He was nicked up in 2017, otherwise I think he'd be a lock for the top 10. 

I really like Penny. Been watching a lot of him after someone said he reminds them of Thomas Jones. Pretty accurate. He's fun to watch, not sure his value.

the only RB i'd take in the top 10 is barkley, and he's not falling. we have way too many positions where our current starters are inadequate to instead try to fill a spot where we can keep lynch as an effective option

assuming fitzpatrick doesn't fall, i'm pretty sold on roquan smith being what this team needs. other than that, i'd be happy going with a corner like josh jackson or taking another buckeye in ward.

daron payne is a good prospect and played well in the championship game too (big reason why chubb was a non factor)

35 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

the only RB i'd take in the top 10 is barkley, and he's not falling. we have way too many positions where our current starters are inadequate to instead try to fill a spot where we can keep lynch as an effective option

assuming fitzpatrick doesn't fall, i'm pretty sold on roquan smith being what this team needs. other than that, i'd be happy going with a corner like josh jackson or taking another buckeye in ward.

daron payne is a good prospect and played well in the championship game too (big reason why chubb was a non factor)

Lynch should be shown the door. Time to get younger and get rid of distractions from the locker room. Lynch was a sideshow.

Just now, big_palooka said:

Lynch should be shown the door. Time to get younger and get rid of distractions from the locker room. Lynch was a sideshow.

he was the only productive player on offense and you want him to be shown the door over politics? lol. nobody here complained when del rio was retweeting hannity xD

10 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

he was the only productive player on offense and you want him to be shown the door over politics? lol. nobody here complained when del rio was retweeting hannity xD

I don't think the real distraction, if it was a distraction at all, was the protest.

More the camera crew. The Peter's incident and the Talib visual also come to mind. He shouldn't be criticized for his celebrity or loyalty to his people. It's part of the deal the team signed up for when they offered the contract. But that doens't mean that it didn't wear thin after a time. We don't know for sure because we weren't in the locker room. My feeling is though that the protest was as irrelevant as JDR said it was.

My $.02.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't think the real distraction, if it was a distraction at all, was the protest.

More the camera crew. The Peter's incident and the Talib visual also come to mind. He shouldn't be criticized for his celebrity or loyalty to his people. It's part of the deal the team signed up for when they offered the contract. But that doens't mean that it didn't wear thin after a time. We don't know for sure because we weren't in the locker room. My feeling is though that the protest was as irrelevant as JDR said it was.

My $.02.

And 891 yards and 2 TDs is pretty decent, but it was far from special.

14 minutes ago, SinCity said:

And 891 yards and 2 TDs is pretty decent, but it was far from special.

7 TD's

keeping in mind that he did miss a game (his own fault) and his absence was felt pretty heavily... in a game where neither richard nor washington could get anything going and both lost fumbles

his rushing average was pretty good and his broken tackle/elusiveness ratings were pretty high according to PFF. he ran better than either of the years latavius started for us. if we let him walk, we're going to have to spend a high draft pick on a back we know can start right away. i'd rather keep him and draft a back in the middle rounds like we did with latavius

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

My $.02.

agreed, though i doubt chucky would allow him to screw around during practices the way JDR did. gruden is not the type to give preferential treatment. if they sit down and lynch understands how practice is going to have to be, i dont see why he should be cut loose. we aren't in a position of luxury where we can let solid starters walk. our roster is thin enough as it is

2 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

7 TD's

keeping in mind that he did miss a game (his own fault) and his absence was felt pretty heavily... in a game where neither richard nor washington could get anything going and both lost fumbles

his rushing average was pretty good and his broken tackle/elusiveness ratings were pretty high according to PFF. he ran better than either of the years latavius started for us. if we let him walk, we're going to have to spend a high draft pick on a back we know can start right away. i'd rather keep him and draft a back in the middle rounds like we did with latavius

Not saying his performance was outright bad, nor am I saying Richard, Washington or even Murray were the answer either. Just that he has brought distractions to the locker room (as per NTLs post) and the production is not so good that they are worth enduring.

2 hours ago, raiderrocker18 said:

No. It's the reality TV show status. Dancing around when blowing out an opponent. Coming to the defense of a Chiefs player, etc. 

He's an aging RB, due a lot of money in 2018 and rumblings of him disrupting the leadership in the locker room. 

His presence didn't help the offense as a whole. You could argue adjusting it for his preference hurt it in other areas. At least with Murray you knew what you were getting and he fit the personalities in the locker room. Trust me... you put a 'celebrity' status in a locker room of young players and it throws the ecosystem off. There isn't a veteran leader in that room and the coaches refused to hold him accountable for any of his antics. 

Archived