Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

10 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Does it scare anyone else though that he's had 663 carries, and 175 receptions over the last two years?

Not really. I get the wear and tear argument, but I would be willing to take the risk for one of the NFL's elite talents. But to be honest, I can't see the Steelers just letting him become a free agent.

Just now, big_palooka said:

It would pretty telling if the Steelers let him walk honestly. You don't let young elite talents leave unless you don't want them in your locker room any more.

Maybe this is the reason why they are open to him leaving

Just now, big_palooka said:

There is no exception to the rule for me. Paying RBs 10+ mil is not how you win in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup. If they are willing to Pony up that much guaranteed cash for a high end RB, I don't see why we wouldn't be willing to pay whatever it took to get Barkley.

You think CLE would take 9 or 10 and next years #1 for the 4th pick. we need to take a chance.

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You think CLE would take 9 or 10 and next years #1 for the 4th pick. we need to take a chance.

Just draft a back in round 2 or 3. There is no reason to start leveraging the future on RBs!

Look at the impact rookie RBs had in 2017.

If you beleive the Oline is as a good as advertised, then you don't need to get crazy with the RB spot. Guice, Sony, Kerryon, Jones II, Chubb, Penny ..... there are going to be viable options. You don't need "elite" RB with Carr and this Oline. If Barkley falls in your lap get him. But trading up for a RB, he better be all freaking time great. 

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Something like that.

In 2014, The Bills traded up from #9 to #4 with the Browns to get Sammy Watkins. They gave up their first round pick the following year and they threw a fourth rounder in as well.

So something along those lines could probably work. We could also throw Seth Roberts in the trade for free lol

17 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup. If they are willing to Pony up that much guaranteed cash for a high end RB, I don't see why we wouldn't be willing to pay whatever it took to get Barkley.

One is money, the other is picks. Barkley is awesome, but I wouldn't want to spend a couple of first rounders on him.

2 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Something like that.

In 2014, The Bills traded up from #9 to #4 with the Browns to get Sammy Watkins. They gave up their first round pick the following year and they threw a fourth rounder in as well.

So something along those lines could probably work. We could also throw Seth Roberts in the trade for free lol

You could throw Roberts in - but he would probably drop that as well. :)

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Just draft a back in round 2 or 3. There is no reason to start leveraging the future on RBs!

Look at the impact rookie RBs had in 2017.

If you beleive the Oline is as a good as advertised, then you don't need to get crazy with the RB spot. Guice, Sony, Kerryon, Jones II, Chubb, Penny ..... there are going to be viable options. You don't need "elite" RB with Carr and this Oline. If Barkley falls in your lap get him. But trading up for a RB, he better be all freaking time great. 

it really depends on how Gruden feels and how much he values the RB position.

You mentioned Gruden running a similar style offense to NO and the Rams. Well, both those teams ran their offenses predominantly through their RBs. So if Gruden feels a guy like Barkley can help him best execute his offense i wouldn't be mad at it.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, big_palooka said:

Do not invest in aging RBs. Draft and develop. This class is stacked with RBs. They are cheap and you can get production out of them.

Barkley, Guice, Johnson, Michel, Chubb, Jones III, Freeman, Penny all would be an upgrade at the position.

Bell is 25. If we can somehow land him at about 13 APY in today's NFL for about 4 years, it would be a great deal for both sides. Yes, it'll cost us cap wise, but he's one of the most dynamic offensive players in the entire NFL in his prime. That and we can use valuable draft capital elsewhere. I'm not saying it'll happen, but considering what Bell does for an offense, we'd be foolish not to at least heavily consider him.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

An enlightening article but don't act like you were all over this angle from the start. All you mentioned was it was too much money when we could draft a good back.

Archived