Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

Resounding no to trading up for Barkley. If he's there at 9/10, awesome, make the pick. If not? draft BPA and let's look to the second/third to get a back IF the coaching staff deems to necessary. A elite RB is nice but not a necessity. It's never this black and white but I believe in the general idea that a successful offense can be had through elite scheming and coaching with good talent while a successful defense needs elite talent and good coaching, if that makes sense. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I definitely wouldn't want to sign him for that much. Not sure how he could get 16M/Y when the highest paid RB is getting 8.25M/Y at the moment.

I know a few of you guys were interested in Allen Robinson as a potential FA target. Just heard on the radio that it looks like JAX will franchise him if they don't reach contract terms. Figured that might be the case.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article196439119.html

Jarvis Landry may not be returning to the Dolphins.

What's everyone think?  I'd be happy with him.  His dropped passes rate from 2016 was really good (1.5%).  I don't know what the rate is for 2017 but the guy produces.  Only knock on him is that he plays in the slot and I think J. Gruden plans on putting A. Cooper in the slot next season.

27 minutes ago, Jerry said:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article196439119.html

Jarvis Landry may not be returning to the Dolphins.

What's everyone think?  I'd be happy with him.  His dropped passes rate from 2016 was really good (1.5%).  I don't know what the rate is for 2017 but the guy produces.  Only knock on him is that he plays in the slot and I think J. Gruden plans on putting A. Cooper in the slot next season.

He would be a great addition to our team and would dominate in Gruden's scheme. However I think he is going to cost far too much.

6 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Rumors are he wants 13 mill per. Sorry but no way is he worth that.

I'd sign Randall Cobb for much cheaper.

Reggie tried to go after Cobb hard the offseason before we drafted Cooper IIRC. Of course, now that Gruden's putting Cooper in the slot, he may not need Cobb. 

9 hours ago, roi34 said:

Landry is nice but I'd like to see a bigger wr. Landry is prob a pipe dream. Moncrief or Lee is ok with me for cheaper. Add some wrs in draft/udfa

Problem is that moncrief is mercenary who seems very me first and Lee spends too much time in the training room, but I agree with you on Landry being a pipe dream. I think he'll go where theres money like SF or someplace.

20 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Problem is that moncrief is mercenary who seems very me first and Lee spends too much time in the training room, but I agree with you on Landry being a pipe dream. I think he'll go where theres money like SF or someplace.

Agree. Tired of seeing people clamor for Moncrief. He's nothing special. Not worth a lengthy FA contract. 

Draft has some nice WRs. Draft one that fits the scheme.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. Tired of seeing people clamor for Moncrief. He's nothing special. Not worth a lengthy FA contract. 

I'd prefer auden tate in draft big body sure handed kinda guy. I'm not saying break bank on Lee or moncrief but we need a redzone target too and if we can grab one guy for cheaper deal

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sanders could be a very nice pick-up if/when Denver cuts him. Sounds like Talib is on his way out as well.

I think Sanders would restructure. Mostly because I believe the Broncos are posturing to make a move for Kirk Cousins.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:34 AM, big_palooka said:

Who’s advocating he sign for a lengthy FA contract? A) I doubt a team offers him a long term deal and B) I doubt he’d take one at per year average he’d be offered.

I’d sign Moncrief at a 2 year deal that’s really a 1 year deal. I’d structure it like this:

Year 1: $2,500,000 fully gauranteed

Year 2: $5,000,000 no guarantee

If he turns out to be a dud: no big deal just cut him at the end of the season. If he ends up being okay: weigh his value and consider extending him but no rush. If he turns out to be Michael Crabtree good (which I think is his ceiling): congratulations you just turned a 30-year old player into a 25-year old player.

Of course, I’d want to sign Moncrief and someone like Richardson if Crabtree is cut. Moncrief isn’t a player I’d count on as the team’s #2 receiver going into the season.

Archived