Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Ryan Grant signing with the Colts per reports. No loss there. Didn't think much of him.

Jordan Matthews in the second wave is an ideal fit. Sure handed west coast type WR. He excelled in the slot with the Eagles. If he's healthy, he's worth a look. 

Do we not think Nelson will play slot for us? I think we need an outside receiver.

32 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

How much cap does the team still have? I can't see them making more moves if they are redlining on the Cap.

I don't think they are. Plus, more cuts are probably coming. Walford and Washington are my next guess.

I'm all for looking for guys who will fit Chucky's system but can we start looking for guys who are not at very tail end of their careers? I just hate being the last stop for guys who's previous stint should've probably been their last stop.

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Eric Decker visiting... Raiders going for slowest team speed on offense or what ?

Lol, exactly what I was thinking...we're gonna do the opposite of what teams are doing.  

Instead of wearing them down with pace, we're going to wear them out with methodicalness (if that's even a word).

1 minute ago, Madleg81 said:

I'm all for looking for guys who will fit Chucky's system but can we start looking for guys who are not very tail end of their careers? I just hate being the last stop for guys who's previous stint should've probably been their last stop.

Maybe if we had a ton of cap. The young inexpensive guys don't fit the system.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I always heard about Gruden being obsessed with vets, but Nelson AND Decker? We are going to be so damn slow on O.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I always heard about Gruden being obsessed with vets, but Nelson AND Decker? We are going to be so damn slow on O.

That is if he makes the roster. I feel like him and Whalen and a few others will be competing for the last WR spot.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Chuck stuck in his ways or what ? anybody want to look up his last years in Tampa and what old veterans he signed just curious 

I remember when he coach us last time we had one of the oldest team in the league.I'm not a fan of these moves but we haven't played one down of football so I'm gonna try not to be so judgmental ,but i really don't like none of these moves 

So if we add Decker, we'll have added 2 over the hill, injury prone wideouts.

A PED suspended, with durability issues, 29yr old running back.

2 blocking TE's and a part time fullback/linebacker/ST who none of us knew existed while moving on from guys like Crabtree, Patterson, Olawale who all have big play making ability and each are younger without the red flags the others have associated with them.

Sorry but I'm not seeing the vision....had you told me it was the other way around, to me, that would actually make more sense.

200w.webp

Archived