Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Im kind of leaning towards wanting Daxton Hill right now for #27. Great athlete, good covers skills and versatility. Can play nickel/3rd safety role and be a contributor right away. 

I'm not sure how I see him being a contributor right away

With Winfield,  Edwards, and Ryan already those are the guys that are going to contribute right away at Safety 

He would have to rotate with them & SMB in the slot for any playing time 

Imo the only spots that could see contributors right away, as of right now, is LG or DL

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 2:13 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm not sure how I see him being a contributor right away

With Winfield,  Edwards, and Ryan already those are the guys that are going to contribute right away at Safety 

He would have to rotate with them & SMB in the slot for any playing time 

Imo the only spots that could see contributors right away, as of right now, is LG or DL

I see Logan as more of depth like Andrew Adams, stepping up if someone gets hurt. After seeing our CBs getting hurt every other game last year, it’d be nice to have insurance of someone else to step up to NCB as Carlton/Dean/SMB can all play outside and if one of them goes down then all of a sudden Hill is playing 70%+ snaps I n games. 

I agree with targeting IDL too and adding a starter there, but at starting G I’m kind of comfortable with Hainsey + Stinnie competing for the spot. I’d rather them starting vs Nacho starting at DE or Delaney at slot. 

Here is my updated Mock draft: 

1st round: Devonte Wyatt DL Georgia : Doing some extensive research - it feels like Wyatt might actually be available at 27. If Davis or Wyatt are available here I feel this might be the pick. DL is a huge need and if either or gone - the Bucs shouldn't reach here either. Wyatt is big and fast at his size and would start immediately. 

2nd Round: Tariq Castro Fields CB Penn State: Elite athlete with great ball skills. I think he has #1 corner upside as Franklin doesn't develop players to their fullest potential. I think he'll have the luxury to start in 2023 and no pressure to play right away. 

3rd Round: James Cook RB Georgia: Get that #2 back behind fournette. Cook will be an explosive piece in our offense. 

4th Round: Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin: Bucs need to add a TE even if Gronk comes back. Ferguson has upside as a receiver due to Wisconsin's poor passing attack and he's  a proven contributor as a blocker coming from a run oriented offense. 

7th Round: Andrew Stueber G/T/C Michigan: Michigan formed a dynamic running attack in 2021. Stueber has played everywhere on the line and would be best to be a back up in 2022. 

7th Round: Michael Wilson WR Stanford: Good route runner who flashed a bit in a run heavy offense. Worth a flier here in round 7. 

23 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Here is my updated Mock draft: 

1st round: Devonte Wyatt DL Georgia : Doing some extensive research - it feels like Wyatt might actually be available at 27. If Davis or Wyatt are available here I feel this might be the pick. DL is a huge need and if either or gone - the Bucs shouldn't reach here either. Wyatt is big and fast at his size and would start immediately. 

2nd Round: Tariq Castro Fields CB Penn State: Elite athlete with great ball skills. I think he has #1 corner upside as Franklin doesn't develop players to their fullest potential. I think he'll have the luxury to start in 2023 and no pressure to play right away. 

3rd Round: James Cook RB Georgia: Get that #2 back behind fournette. Cook will be an explosive piece in our offense. 

4th Round: Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin: Bucs need to add a TE even if Gronk comes back. Ferguson has upside as a receiver due to Wisconsin's poor passing attack and he's  a proven contributor as a blocker coming from a run oriented offense. 

7th Round: Andrew Stueber G/T/C Michigan: Michigan formed a dynamic running attack in 2021. Stueber has played everywhere on the line and would be best to be a back up in 2022. 

7th Round: Michael Wilson WR Stanford: Good route runner who flashed a bit in a run heavy offense. Worth a flier here in round 7. 

Would be a solid draft overall. Getting Wyatt at #27 would be a steal.

Not a fan of Castro Fields. Dude gets beaten like a drum time after time with double moves. Better round 2 CBs IMO.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Would be a solid draft overall. Getting Wyatt at #27 would be a steal.

Not a fan of Castro Fields. Dude gets beaten like a drum time after time with double moves. Better round 2 CBs IMO.

Dont need anymore SMB type Cbs. Pass on Fields he’d be a major reach in R2.

Edited by indifference

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I'm fine with a CB 1st rd.  The other 2 picks, very meh.

Booth is probably my favorite prospect that we might be able to get. Even above Wyatt. I think he's my draft crush now.

Idk anything about Bell but I'm not in favor of a 2nd rd WR.

I'd definitely be happy with rashaad white in rd3. But there's so many rbs that will fall too.

• Like 1