Washingtons Commanders (Official)

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

The Hogs was the way to go, but fat women may have complained.  Commanders isn't too bad.  The only worry now is whether there will be a small group of henpecked husbands who claim they are offended by the name.  Otherwise, I think Washington is in the clear. 

Is there actually a fat women advocacy group with any sort of of political power though? Cause if not I don't see a couple complaints here and there moving the needle enough to get another name change.

Also, is 'Hogs' sooo synonymous with fat women? Eh... IDK. There's a big gap between a name like the Washington Hogs and then something like the Washington Fredrica Bimmel(s). Hogs is just a reference to a popular part of the club's history, I think it would've been fine. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is there actually a fat women advocacy group with any sort of of political power though? Cause if not I don't see a couple complaints here and there moving the needle enough to get another name change.

Also, is 'Hogs' sooo synonymous with fat women? Eh... IDK. There's a big gap between a name like the Washington Hogs and then something like the Washington Fredrica Bimmel(s). Hogs is just a reference to a popular part of the club's history, I think it would've been fine. 

It was a joke, but then again, nothing would surprise me these days.  I do think the Hogs was the perfect name due to the historical aspect of it for the team.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Yes. It's called Instagram 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It was a joke, but then again, nothing would surprise me these days.  I do think the Hogs was the perfect name due to the historical aspect of it for the team.

Actually, the perfect name - though people probably still would have failed to see the universal logic in the name and only attributed it to the people on the side that they don't like - would have been the Washington Fat Cats.

And before you bring it up, all cats feel naturally aggrieved so who really cares what the rotund ones think?

• Like 1