Joe Thomas, Highest Paid OL in the NFL in 2018

RuskieTitan

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

There's nothing easy about leaving. Staying literally proves he doesn't care about holding the Lombardi trophy up some day... he's not exactly a young man anymore, he can't hope that the Browns become playoff contenders someday because that clearly won't happen overnight. Honestly if he really doesn't want to leave Cleveland, I don't think winning is a priority for him. Which may make him part of the problem with the culture of the Browns, tbh.

This is absolute nonsense.

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

There's nothing easy about leaving. Staying literally proves he doesn't care about holding the Lombardi trophy up some day... he's not exactly a young man anymore, he can't hope that the Browns become playoff contenders someday because that clearly won't happen overnight. Honestly if he really doesn't want to leave Cleveland, I don't think winning is a priority for him. Which may make him part of the problem with the culture of the Browns, tbh.

I remember during the draft he was out fishing and didn't seem to care at all about the whole NFL draft day process.

Could just be a guy who doesn't really care about the game of football, but understands he's got the skill-set for it to make a good living for his family.

Some guys live and breath football and love it; others view it as just a job to make an income.

55 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I remember during the draft he was out fishing and didn't seem to care at all about the whole NFL draft day process.

Could just be a guy who doesn't really care about the game of football, but understands he's got the skill-set for it to make a good living for his family.

Some guys live and breath football and love it; others view it as just a job to make an income.

He's a brown....No one would put themselves through that torture for a decade for just the money. Oh wait you're the new BDL guy. Hi. 

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah, it would have been a lot better if he came in on draft day, dressed in a fancy outfit and lots of jewelries and rings on his fingers and a grill on his teeth and roared about how he would help a franchise become great again. Those guys, they are passionate, they want to win, not one of those down to earth dudes who would rather go fishing with his dad. He just wanted to get paid.

Sigh

16 hours ago, lancerman said:

I think this is just them doing him a solid while he has cap space. If the idea is to get him to comeback then it's a stupid one. He's older, he's just had his first serious injury this isn't the time to bank on him. 

agree but perhaps the browns are being loyal in a day and age where such generosity never occurs?  Or could this be another mistake by the browns? Imagine if they were like  Belicheck , suppose they don't re-sign Thomas and decide to load up on the D and more draft picks etc. Different ways they can go about this, time will tell how this unfolds.  

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

agree but perhaps the browns are being loyal in a day and age where such generosity never occurs?  Or could this be another mistake by the browns? Imagine if they were like  Belicheck , suppose they don't re-sign Thomas and decide to load up on the D and more draft picks etc. Different ways they can go about this, time will tell how this unfolds.  

The Browns just have so much cap space that they can do this until it hinders their ability to build for the future. They have to know Joe Thomas isn't in the longterm plans anymore. This is just a payday on the way out.

13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You... I... I just don't know what to say.

Browns fans must not want to win either. In fact, you must not want to win either. Why don't you root for the Patriots then you can be a winner. I guess you just don't care about winning the ultimate prize. You might be part of the reason the Dolphins don't strive to be better, their fans create an acceptance of losing culture, tbh.

Sorry other Dolphin fans, just making a point that you don't always run away from failure you can work as hard as you can to turn it around and hope to become successful. Joe may want to take that route and it doesn't mean he is what is wrong with the organization and It seems incredibly silly to even think that.

I'm not a player. Even if the Dolphins win, I didn't win. And I have no input to helping the Dolphins win. Nor do I have a ~5 year time limit to see the Dolphins win. I just want to see the Dolphins win. You're trying to make an analogy and then make a strawman but it just doesn't work.

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Danger said:

This leads me to believe even more they're going to take a franchise QB at the top of the draft.

What makes you believe they will be at the top of the NFL draft? There's no guarantee we even finish with a below .500 record. SMH....people are so quick to throw the Browns under the bus. Just be happy the Browns don't play the Eagles, because they'd thrash you guys up and down the field. Kizer>>>>>>>>Wentz

Browns didn't lose this week btw.

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What makes you believe they will be at the top of the NFL draft? There's no guarantee we even finish with a below .500 record. SMH....people are so quick to throw the Browns under the bus. Just be happy the Browns don't play the Eagles, because they'd thrash you guys up and down the field. Kizer>>>>>>>>Wentz

Browns didn't lose this week btw.

I said at the top of the draft, not the first pick. But nice trollololol.

Archived