Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as Head Coach

TitanSlim

34 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Fair. I have some german decent and I am not huge on the (lack of) flavors. Plus sauerkraut is so hit or miss in what it pairs with.

I want to throw another name in the ring. A country I hate (even though my great- great- great- something, family ruled it for 300 years) - - France. Its well known that any chef worth a damn trained in France. Also wine. Its not what I would chose, because F France and their hoity toity food/drink. But if we are holding an open competition, they would have to be the odds on favorite.

Italy, France and Mexico are locks.

Japan needs to be in the mix, too.

I'm not surprised the guy from SA thinks Italian food is a distant second to Mexican. There isn't a decent Italian restaurant within 100 miles of San Antonio.

And HEB runs the slowest deli counter I've ever seen. It's not surprising as most just grab their Hill Country cuts from the giant bin of pre-cut meat and cheese. It makes me sad every time I see it.

Just rambling over here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I'm not surprised the guy from SA thinks Italian food is a distant second to Mexican. There isn't a decent Italian restaurant within 100 miles of San Antonio.

And HEB runs the slowest deli counter I've ever seen. It's not surprising as most just grab their Hill Country cuts from the giant bin of pre-cut meat and cheese. It makes me sad every time I see it.

Just rambling over here.

Got us mixed up broski. I love Italian food. It's easily my #2 but sometimes #1 depending on the occasion. I only said Mexican food is by far the best celebration event food. HEB is a monopoly though so they have little reason to do anything different, though I will say I never had any problem with their deli when I lived there. You're wrong about italian restaurants in San Antonio too. Plenty of european immigrants, or just immigrants for that matter, live in San Antonio...probably a result of it being a military town and refugee center.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol no, if they go together to the same team, that is what will happen. We've seen the same situation with two HOF QBs already, they just didn't have to bring in a WR, but they spent and back loaded other positions they were weak on.

How is this the same situation? Rodgers is under contract and requires a trade, which means assets beyond just cap space. Brady and Manning were UFAs

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

See this is an interesting topic that I think we all need to focus on for a hot minute. If you asked me what type of food I consume most, its 100% Mexican/Tex-Mex. BUT if you really want to go here in the food/drink category, I would take Irish Whisky and potatoes over just about anything. 

Drinks are a tough one. I'm probably partial to more of the musty Chicago speakeasy type drinks w absinthe and such. Anything whisky is on my top. Summertime though, I absolutely crave the Mexican drinks w coconut or pineapple. I wonder what Hackett prefers.....Looking at him, I'm actually gonna say he just straight either doesn't drink, or he's a beer guy (which if that's the case, WELCOME TO DENVER!)

48 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Just rambling over here.

Rambling... Rambling? You insulted HEB. This now has to be solved by a fight to the death. 

Tell him @TedLavie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D82 said:

That’s interesting. Thought for sure Quinn would land here.

Quinn was always the 2nd option IMO.  Quinn isn't a "potentially" lure for Aaron Rodgers. Having his former OC as HC, installing the same offense from GB is. Why Hackett I believe was always their first choice.

Best case a Aaron Rodgers trade can be completed.

Worst case a OC from a high powered offense that worked with Rodgers can hand pick his Rookie QB in this years draft if "they so choose".

Dan Quinn offered none of that "Offensively". Defensively he absolutely would of helped.

Denver doesn’t really have to trade anything for Rodgers do they? They have to clear his cap hit. No one else is going to trade for him if he won’t play for them. Unless they want to just keep him away from Denver out of spite.

If they don’t get Adams too then I don’t think it gets them close to KC. But if they do then that’s interesting.

And if Brady retires the NFC is wide tf open. All of this assuming the Rodgers to Denver stuff happens.