Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

21 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What’s the alternative that in your mind improves those odds of winning a SB in the next 4-5 years? All you can really hope for is to be in the mix, there are no guarantees in playoff football. But you have to get there. 

I'm just being a devils advocate here. Trading the farm should not be an option. Is he worth a 1st this year, absolutely. The more you add to that the less appealing it is. 

Josh Allen had his team in the PO's in his 3rd year. Mahomes lost the AFC championship in his 2nd and won the SB his 3rd. Burrow, Mac Jones.

The opinion that we can't move forward and compete soon without Rodgers is just a fallacy. 

• Like 1

Klis puts the odds of landing Rodgers at “below 50-50” but I’d wager the powers that be told him to do that to help soften the blow that it doesn’t happen. He also states that PS2 and Javonte Williams could be part of a deal to bring Rodgers in. On that, I disagree, I don’t think George trades either, Jeudy, yes, others, yes, but I think PS2 and Davonte are off-limits. 

Story is in the link. 

PS2 and Javonte...gross. That's basically a top10 pick and another 1st rounder AND then leaves enormous gaps in our secondary and run game. If we included another 2 first rounders alongside them, even if it was for Rodgers and Adams, I just don't see that going well for us...too steep 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

The opinion that we can't move forward and compete soon without Rodgers is just a fallacy. 

True to a point. But organizational circumstances play a part in this. 

One, George waited a long time to get his first GM job, he was selective, he wants to get a ring and get one soon and then, barring a major scandal or something, can be here for the rest of his career prime.

Two, the new owner will want to make a splash and keep the Broncos reputation (reiterated by the GMFB crew this morning) as one of the league’s “premier” or “jewel” franchises. Getting Rodgers - and with it the fanbase enthusiasm, max number of prime time games, Super Bowl possibilities and playoff guarantees - that go with it.  

Three, the experts (and I’m not one) do not seem to like this years QB draft class. We’ve seen even highly hyped rookie QBs struggle. Good as Paton is, the draft and development part with QB play makes it a crap shoot. Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning had nearly identical grades coming out. 

George is going to go after Aaron (and likely DaVante as well). Fans might have their quibbles, but it is Plan A this off-season. And, to quote Elway, “there isn’t Plan B, we’re going with Plan A.” 

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

HARD pass on anything that involves giving away PS2 or Javonte. I was just thinking earlier that I think this time next year, Williams will be seen as a top 5 RB in the league 

I’m with you. Unless we’re not giving up 1sts in addition. Some picks + Jeudy + Lock I can get on board with. If GB wants PS2 + Javonte and ONE mid round pick, ok. 

But George is smart, he’s going to want a legit RB with Hackett/Rodgers and a good pass defense (pass rush + coverage) to make it work in the shootout type games we will have to win to get to a super bowl on the stacked AFC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I'm just being a devils advocate here. Trading the farm should not be an option. Is he worth a 1st this year, absolutely. The more you add to that the less appealing it is. 

Josh Allen had his team in the PO's in his 3rd year. Mahomes lost the AFC championship in his 2nd and won the SB his 3rd. Burrow, Mac Jones.

The opinion that we can't move forward and compete soon without Rodgers is just a fallacy

True…Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson would get us there too. 

11 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Russ, yes, DeShaun, I’m not convinced. I see a pervert with Star Wars numbers and zero playoff wins. It’s also bringing in controversial player and the new owner won’t want any devicevness. 

No argument on the perv stuff but knowing the people who have been running the Texans in recent years I don’t hold much against him. That’s an evangelical megachurch masquerading as a football organization. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klis puts the odds of landing Rodgers at “below 50-50” but I’d wager the powers that be told him to do that to help soften the blow that it doesn’t happen. He also states that PS2 and Javonte Williams could be part of a deal to bring Rodgers in. On that, I disagree, I don’t think George trades either, Jeudy, yes, others, yes, but I think PS2 and Davonte are off-limits. 

Story is in the link. 

Weird, I'm sure we'd take Surtain, as Jaire, Surtain and Stokes would be absolutely filthy, but Williams? He'd be our 3rd RB, or he'd beat out Dillon and he'd be our 3rd RB. Either way, we'd one staring caliber RB getting only a handful of snaps. I don't think we'll have any interest there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Weird, I'm sure we'd take Surtain, as Jaire, Surtain and Stokes would be absolutely filthy, but Williams? He'd be our 3rd RB, or he'd beat out Dillon and he'd be our 3rd RB. Either way, we'd one staring caliber RB getting only a handful of snaps. I don't think we'll have any interest there.

Lol. He’d beat out Dillon and instantly be the most talented RB on your roster