Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

19 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

So the Bears are offering Getsy an OC job, and with a DC in Eberflus as HC that means he’ll get to be their offensive play caller. That could really throw a wrench in our OC plans. No way GB would let Stenavich go. 

If Rodgers comes, and if Munchak stays, that environment would look really inviting to a guy like Stenavich. As far as I know, GB can’t just say, ‘well, we’ve made him our OC now so we don’t have to let you interview him’ without Stenavich actually agreeing to the promotion. It’ll be his decision.

His press conference, he comes off as extremely personable. Also sounds like he already has a staff hired? or Maybe I misinterpreted and he was referring to the whole team in Green Bay?

Edit: nvm, listened to that part again and misinterpreted. He was talking about Green Bay. 

Edited by grizmo78

Definitely agree grizmo. I can understand why Paton picked him as they share that professionalism with the press and are dudes that just love talking football. I could definitely see them grinding it out together (yes I know.... phrasing) when it comes to evaluating players and how they could fit into various schemes. 

It's one of the main messages I heard from Hackett in terms of finding each players strength and then developing based on that rather than bringing in a rigid scheme. Even w the qb development question he was asked, extremely different than Shurmer in that he said we would be focusing on protecting the qb w offensive line schemes and a bunch of running while the qb gets comfortable. 

Overall I'm impressed by his overall demeanor and saying all the right things. Ultimately this will come down to him translating it to wins. Time will tell

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If Rodgers comes, and if Munchak stays, that environment would look really inviting to a guy like Stenavich. As far as I know, GB can’t just say, ‘well, we’ve made him our OC now so we don’t have to let you interview him’ without Stenavich actually agreeing to the promotion. It’ll be his decision.

Unless the rules have changed since we tried to make Vance Joseph our DC after Phillips left, a team doesn’t have to let an assistant coach leave to become a coordinator as it’s still considered an assistant