Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

10 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Unless the rules have changed since we tried to make Vance Joseph our DC after Phillips left, a team doesn’t have to let an assistant coach leave to become a coordinator as it’s still considered an assistant 

Most organizations, in the interest of being able to recruit top talent, do not generally deny opportunities for their assistants to advance. The Bengals have been a rare exception to that rule just as the Brown family is, shall we say, unique.

29 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Unless the rules have changed since we tried to make Vance Joseph our DC after Phillips left, a team doesn’t have to let an assistant coach leave to become a coordinator as it’s still considered an assistant 

They can if given the Asst HC title 

4 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

If Rodgers comes, and if Munchak stays, that environment would look really inviting to a guy like Stenavich. As far as I know, GB can’t just say, ‘well, we’ve made him our OC now so we don’t have to let you interview him’ without Stenavich actually agreeing to the promotion. It’ll be his decision.

One other absolutely fantastic thing about this hire is it will absolutely lay to rest the Rodgers vs draft/develop discussion. Goodbye QB thread!

Nobody knows Rodgers better than this guy so whatever we do I'll be all for it. Whatever he figures his best road to sustained success is is the one he'll take.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dbrog24 said:

Even w the qb development question he was asked, extremely different than Shurmer in that he said we would be focusing on protecting the qb w offensive line schemes and a bunch of running while the qb gets comfortable. 

Thats intriguing, especially with all the high picks we have, enough ammo for 2 #1's if we want. An addition of Linderbaum with one of those would be a huge upgrade to our OL.  With the other you could have your choice of your top QB in the draft.

99% of the time I'm against starting rookie QB's. Usually they just get killed. With the above OL addition we'd be fielding one of the best OL's in the NFL. Add to that our skill position players and an offensive WCO genius a QB transition from college to the pro's could be pretty seamless.

Just watched his presser. Hackett is really, really excited to come get his hands on this team. Obviously, you would expect any first time head coach to be excited. But even beyond that, it seems like he took the time to really look over our roster and is drooling over the potential there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Staff beginning to round out. Love Kubiak coming back.

Hackett is assembling a nice offensive staff so far. I don't know too much about Outten but I know Klint Kubiak both from his time at CSU and then followed his career as an assistant. Great hire. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

Outten coached high school o-line for a long time before getting a shot in the NFL (got something like 24 kids scholarship offers in 8 years). Spent a year with Shanny/LaFleur/McDaniel in ATL. I guess he didn’t get the invite to San Fran, but LaFleur calling him to GB is a pretty good sign I think?

• Like 1