Broncos hire Nathaniel Hackett as HC

broncos67

I think Kubiak will end up being your OC in a few years if the guy the Broncos just hired works out.

He did pretty good his first year as a coordinator. I think he needs to adapt more to the current times, but he'll be alright.

Expect some left bootlegs from your offense this year. It looks weird with right handed QBs, but its highly effective!

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Kubiak will end up being your OC in a few years if the guy the Broncos just hired works out.

He did pretty good his first year as a coordinator. I think he needs to adapt more to the current times, but he'll be alright.

Expect some left bootlegs from your offense this year. It looks weird with right handed QBs, but its highly effective!

His dad was also bullish on bootlegs.  Which I like, it's a grown up version of RPO in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Staff assembling is always a fine line between system familiarity and being one dimensional in my opinion.

We crushed McDaniels for just getting 'his guys' and letting mainstay Coaches leave. Hopefully there is at least a bit of variety.

As far as I know, Kubiak has never worked with Hackett, and he’s a pretty established guy at this point. I think (hope?) that’s a pretty good sign. Going through the coaching roster on the website, there’s still a bunch of holdovers from last year. Fangio might poach some defensive guys when he gets his next job, and Evero will surely suggest some guys he’s familiar with, but the offensive staff at least seems like a good mix right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

So while we’ve all assumed Evero is the new DC, we’ve also interviewed the Ravens DL coach and the Panthers DB coach this week. Probably just networking during the downtime that is Evero coaching in the Super Bowl. 

Definitely worth having some candidates in case one of the following happens:

1) Another team makes an offer to Evero and he chooses to go there instead

2) Raheem Morris gets a HC job and Evero is promoted to DC

3) We actually do hire Evero, but he knocks it out the park year 1 and someone else hires him as HC. Worth having a backup plan just in case. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Just watched Hackett being interviewed at the Combine - and you can't help but acknowledge his enthusiastic, infectious nature and approach - what a contrast to what we have had for the past five years.

It's a contrast all right, but is it a good one? Lombardi, Noll, BB ............  The lack of NFL experience on the coaching staff also stands out.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

They certainly pivoted hard. The most experienced coaching staff in the league under Fangio flopped, now we get maybe the least experienced coaching staff I’ve ever seen. 

Shurmur is a great example of how a lot of bad experience is much worse than a little bit of good experience

17 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Shurmur is a great example of how a lot of bad experience is much worse than a little bit of good experience

On top of being an awful coordinator, he was apparently loathed by the players. Feels like we also got the worst version of Shurmur, he did have some previous track record of making bad QBs look playable. Even with that he never ran an offense that scored 24+ points per game. Yuck. 

8 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Just watched Hackett being interviewed at the Combine - and you can't help but acknowledge his enthusiastic, infectious nature and approach - what a contrast to what we have had for the past five years.

It concerns me that he is a hip hop dancer.