Bears Coordinators and Assistant Coaches Search/Interviews

GOGRIESE

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Really interesting that so far we have heard nothing about a DC…have to wonder if when the Raiders HC job gets filled if that changes…would much rather have Rod as a DL coach but if he is tabbed as DC it wouldn’t be so bad…

First choice for DC in this scheme would be Bills DB coach John Butler…excellent DB coach and has DC experience from Penn State.

I’m kinda less worried about the DC hire because I’m assuming Flus is gonna run the defense on game days. I’m thinking one of the LB coach or DB coach he’s reportedly bringing over might have a dual title which includes DC.

Obviously if he says he’s gonna delegate it out at the presser Monday then that changes that for me.

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m kinda less worried about the DC hire because I’m assuming Flus is gonna run the defense on game days. I’m thinking one of the LB coach or DB coach he’s reportedly bringing over might have a dual title which includes DC.

Obviously if he says he’s gonna delegate it out at the presser Monday then that changes that for me.

No doubt Flus will call plays but you still need a proper DC for game planning and install especially with Flus' HC duties...Sean McVay has said Kevin O'Connell has been excellent for him because after they both do the install O'Connell does all the install and McVay just shows up and calls the plays on a Sunday...it's a really important role...could just be we are waiting on Rod.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Getsy’s been Eberflus’ top guy from the start. There’s a process to go through, of course. But this would give Eberflus the Shanahan-style offense he wants, and Getsy the shot to call it. If this goes down, expect the Packers to promote Adam Stenavich to offensive coordinator.

Beer seems to be trying to back his own words here…Getsy isn’t a pure Shanahan disciple and that won’t be the offence he will bring here…he stuck on LeFleur’s staff because Rodgers wanted him…

Expect to see the sort of Joe Moorhead type of offence...

https://fishduck.com/2021/08/incredible-information-easily-learn-about-the-joe-moorhead-offense/

• Like 2

Per source, Packers aren’t letting OL coach Adam Stenavich interview for Broncos OC job. Would think he might get OC job with the Pack. Interviewing coordinators a lil more involved process with league policies. Hackett, who will call plays, has other options. #9sports

This seems like it could be good news.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:
Per source, Packers aren’t letting OL coach Adam Stenavich interview for Broncos OC job. Would think he might get OC job with the Pack. Interviewing coordinators a lil more involved process with league policies. Hackett, who will call plays, has other options. #9sports

This seems like it could be good news.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

·

6m

With Stenavich likely to be promoted to OC in Green Bay, Packers TEs coach Justin Outten would be one name to watch for the Broncos OC job.

More signs pointing to Getsy coming here.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Beer seems to be trying to back his own words here…Getsy isn’t a pure Shanahan disciple and that won’t be the offence he will bring here…he stuck on LeFleur’s staff because Rodgers wanted him…

Expect to see the sort of Joe Moorhead type of offence...

https://fishduck.com/2021/08/incredible-information-easily-learn-about-the-joe-moorhead-offense/

Interesting  stuff reading through the various plays... a couple thoughts:

-Everything is run out of shotgun/pistol.... I'm not necessarily opposed to this, as it could give Fields a bit more room to read the Field and/or space to physically beat rushers.... but my concern would be that we've sucked pretty hard at running the ball with the QB not under center.

EDIT: And we'd need a C who doesn't suck, and doesn't suck at snapping, which crosses out BOTH Mustipher and Whitehair.

-Some of the blocking schemes also struck me as a bit more interesting... On one of the plays, they double the NT with LG/C and double the 3t with the RG/RT, leaving the TE 1on1 with an incredibly difficult block getting across the Right Defensive End's face, and  hooking him to the outside, with the RB essentially running directly at that spot.....  Call me a skeptic, but the Bears haven't had a tight end who can do that in a decade or more.

EDIT.... oh and a few of the plays pull the tackle, not the guard.... and just generally use more power run game concepts than zone scheme concepts...  I'm already expecting changes to the OL this offseason.... but those plays pose some interesting challenges personnel wise.

-The one passing play was really well designed, and hilariously is set up with one of those curl routes we've all grown to hate so much after Nagy

Edited by Epyon

Just now, Epyon said:

Interesting  stuff reading through the various plays... a couple thoughts:

-Everything is run out of shotgun/pistol.... I'm not necessarily opposed to this, as it could give Fields a bit more room to read the Field and/or space to physically beat rushers.... but my concern would be that we've sucked pretty hard at running the ball with the QB not under center.

-Some of the blocking schemes also struck me as a bit more interesting... On one of the plays, they double the NT with LG/C and double the 3t with the RG/RT, leaving the TE 1on1 with an incredibly difficult block getting across the Right Defensive End's face, and  hooking him to the outside, with the RB essentially running directly at that spot.....  Call me a skeptic, but the Bears haven't had a tight end who can do that in a decade or more.

-The one passing play was really well designed, and hilariously is set up with one of those curl routes we've all grown to hate so much after Nagy

I think some of the concepts will have to change given it's the NFL but the feel of it will be similar...lots of 11 personnel...lots of RPO...bigger OL who will double team guys at the POA in the run game...plenty of WCO and mesh in the routes in the passing game...lots of versatility which any great offence has...this could be an exciting time to be in this offence.

• Like 1