Steelers GM Kevin Colbert stepping down after draft

RaidersAreOne

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

How many “potential favorites” have we had so far? Every beat guy has a different one. 

I think we learned from the beginning of this, the beat guys don’t have any real insider secrets. They are just throwing out their best guess. 

I think Kaboly is at least following the breadcrumbs rather than picking names out  of a “ties to Pittsburgh” hat. The last couple hires were internal, player personnel guys. Brandon Hunt also starts showing up at key pro days and the combine? 

I’d say the betting favorite should be Brandon Hunt. 

Edited by Dcash4

57 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

How many “potential favorites” have we had so far? Every beat guy has a different one. 

I think some of them are kind of pointing out the flaws going on. To me the bigger “news” is the conducting of second interviews. That tells me there’s no betting favorite until we know that list. 

Yeah,  I still think the betting favorite is a Hunt/Khan combo with some type of title bump for each.

Weidl and Wojciechowski make sense from a experience stand point.  I think the Steelers would put all the guys that learned from Bill Nunn to the top of the list.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/He-loved-football-He-loved-being-around-us-He-loved-being-around-the-guys-He-loved-being-around-the-game-168841301/Amp/

“We have (Doug) Whaley, Mike Butler, (Dave) Pettit, Brandon Hunt, Danny Colbert. We were all interns and we're all Steelers scouts right now. Luke Palko, Tim Gribble, John Wojciechowski, Andy Weidl. He taught all those guys and all those guys are still employed in the NFL. Matt Raich, Billy Davis, Lou Spanos. Nunn taught all those guys.”

Just now, Blitzburgh said:

Yeah,  I still think the betting favorite is a Hunt/Khan combo with some type of title bump for each.

Weidl and Wojciechowski make sense from a experience stand point.  I think the Steelers would put all the guys that learned from Bill Nunn to the top of the list.  

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/He-loved-football-He-loved-being-around-us-He-loved-being-around-the-guys-He-loved-being-around-the-game-168841301/Amp/

“We have (Doug) Whaley, Mike Butler, (Dave) Pettit, Brandon Hunt, Danny Colbert. We were all interns and we're all Steelers scouts right now. Luke Palko, Tim Gribble, John Wojciechowski, Andy Weidl. He taught all those guys and all those guys are still employed in the NFL. Matt Raich, Billy Davis, Lou Spanos. Nunn taught all those guys.”

I know they weren’t the GM but the lack of drafting success in Philly and Green Bay make me weary of Weidl and Wojciechowski.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...