Giants Hire Brian Daboll As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Probably the best choice out of the other guys in the top 3 which seemed like Frazier and Flores.

I would have taken Flores, but its interesting to think about whether or not Watson cost him this job too. I mean, if the rumors are true and Flores wanted Watson, then you have Mara coming out and saying the Giants won't trade for Watson. Nobody should be going into this interview with the Giants like, "yeah, I totes think we should just stay the course with Jones" 

• Like 1

Can Daboll do for Jones like he did for Allen? Both QBs have the size and can run. I do think Jones is intelligent. I dont think he has the arm as Allen and he doesnt have the upside of Allen. Allen came into the NFL extremely raw. He wasnt even completing 60% of his passes in college at Wyoming. People said that was a recipe for disaster for Allen in the NFL. People said its not like you are going to come into the NFL and improve your completion percentage and be alot better. Allen was. I do think Jones has the pieces around him with Barkley if he can stay healthy, Galladay and Toney. Just fix the OL, and maybe tweak the defense a little bit although the defense is really good too I do think the Giants have something here especially in a weak division with Dallas, Philly, and Washington. We just saw the Bengals and Niners go from worse to the conference championship round. Not saying the Giants will do the same next season but it wouldnt shock me if they made the right moves in the offseason and Jones can improve that they can be in the playoffs next season as a 6th or 7th seed. I love this hire btw. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would have taken Flores, but its interesting to think about whether or not Watson cost him this job too. I mean, if the rumors are true and Flores wanted Watson, then you have Mara coming out and saying the Giants won't trade for Watson. Nobody should be going into this interview with the Giants like, "yeah, I totes think we should just stay the course with Jones" 

The Giants didn't choose Flores because he has the same problems as Judge. Refused to keep a steady, consistent offensive staff and has some bad habits from his team under Belichick. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brian, protip: 

Daniel Jones is not Josh Allen. 

Good luck, and godspeed. 

Nobody from outside of the Giants organization is coming in thinking this. The only people who did are gone or will be gone shortly after the draft. That said, it seems like Schoen doesn't like any of the QBs in this draft and is sticking with Jones for this year, which is not a bad decision.  

Just now, minutemancl said:

The Giants didn't choose Flores because he has the same problems as Judge. Refused to keep a steady, consistent offensive staff and has some bad habits from his team under Belichick. 

That makes sense. I can dig it. 

• Like 1

Just now, minutemancl said:

Nobody from outside of the Giants organization is coming in thinking this. The only people who did are gone or will be gone shortly after the draft. That said, it seems like Schoen doesn't like any of the QBs in this draft and is sticking with Jones for this year, which is not a bad decision.  

I wouldn't mind doing the exact same thing that Denver did (unless you trade for like Wilson, in which case I imagine Jones would go to like Seattle), and get Teddy B to push him a bit in camp. If you Jones wins out, great. YOu have an extremely good back up for a starter that may have some durability questions, and he provides you a baseline of competency for what your QB position will have if Jones poops the bed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I wouldn't mind doing the exact same thing that Denver did (unless you trade for like Wilson, in which case I imagine Jones would go to like Seattle), and get Teddy B to push him a bit in camp. If you Jones wins out, great. YOu have an extremely good back up for a starter that may have some durability questions, and he provides you a baseline of competency for what your QB position will have if Jones poops the bed. 

I like this too, but with Mariota or Trubisky instead of Bridgewater. 

• Like 2