Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

Big respect to the goat. Hated his guts when I was younger! But as I got older! You could only fall in love with his work ethic. The greatest QB I’ve ever seen. Sad day! Glad we put him out even though he won that first SB against us 😂 

Simply the greatest! Earned everyone’s respect. Tampa Brady was that dude and he talked that good ish. Gonna miss you Brady! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Goes around saying Brady benefited from a great team and great coaching and then says Peyton Manning, who had the GM who SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED THE RULES TO BENEFIT PEYTON and was carried by his defense in the 2006 playoffs, was better in the 2000's.

5 all pros and 4 MVPs

1 all pro and 1 MVP

Seems pretty decisive.

15 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

5 all pros and 4 MVPs

1 all pro and 1 MVP

Seems pretty decisive.

Peyton Manning was winning regular season MVPs with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark and Edgerrin James.

Tom Brady was winning Super Bowl MVPs with David Patton, David Givens, Troy Brown and Antowain Smith.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I think its pretty obvious that Manning is the greatest QB of the 2000s, and its not particularly close. 

Absolutely, positively incorrect. You could not be more wrong if you tried.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

So you think he just wasn't trying very hard during the regular season? 

Regular season accolades gets you paid. Postseason accolades gets you a legacy.

Guarantee you Dan Marino would trade his 1984 season for one of Montana's rings.

6 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Peyton Manning was winning regular season MVP with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James.

Tom Brady was winning Super Bowls with David Patton, David Givens, Troy Brown and Antowain Smith.

Wayne and James have 2 all-pros between them, let's not get carried away. They were solid players. 

And Tom Brady was winning Super Bowls in the 2000s with teams led by their defense with Seymour, Bruschi,  Harrison, McGinnest, Vrabel, and Belichick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Regular season accolades gets you paid. Postseason accolades gets you a legacy.

Guarantee you Dan Marino would trade his 1984 season for one of Montana's rings.

Maybe. But I would say in 50 years from now, when people look back on the history of the sport, Marino's 1984 season will be one of the single greatest accomplishments by any player. He was a revolutionary player that performed with a skill never before seen. He set a new standard for the position.  

Some people may value that contribution more than Montana (who in was in some ways revolutionary as well, just not as jaw-dropping as Marino).