Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

So if you just say yes to this as the criteria. All of it. How is your answer not Brady is the clear cut greatest?

Also Brady wasn't really an innovator like some historical QBs. Didn't really invent anything new. Just played very well for a very long time, on many strong teams. 

24 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I value overall skill and ability, whether they are demonstrated in regular season or postseason doesn't really matter. I just try to judge the player on what they can do in a competitive game. 

So you're all about...the eye test? Do you see it in their eyes?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I wouldn't say Aaron Rodgers was an entire tier better than Brady this year.

No, they were pretty close. My point wasn't that Rodgers was better, just that I don't think Brady was higher than his peers. Which has pretty much been the case for his entire career. 

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

That’s fair. I just meant greatest literally means one person, and it doesn’t matter if they didn’t dominate their sport like someone in another sport did.

You can also look in recent NFL history. Aaron Donald has 7 straight All Pros and with 3 DPOY in the mix. Has Brady ever elevated himself above his QB peers the way Donald has his DT peers?