Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

17 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You can also look in recent NFL history. Aaron Donald has 7 straight All Pros and with 3 DPOY in the mix. Has Brady ever elevated himself above his QB peers the way Donald has his DT peers?  

No. However, how does the competition at QB compare to the competition at DT? Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are first ballot hall of farmers. And how did those guys do in the postseason compared to Brady?

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I've watched Michael Jordan and studied his stats. I've read about Babe Ruth and studied his stats. To me, those are obvious GOATs. 

LeBron James has more All-NBA selections.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

In the playoffs, you play against the best of the best. You are facing teams throwing the kitchen sink at you, especially great QB's like Brady.

The notion that Manning was better because he threw for more TD's in week 13 against an awful Lions or Jaguars team is so stupid it isn't even worth talking about, especially at this point when we are talking about a guy who won 7 Super Bowls.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You can also look in recent NFL history. Aaron Donald has 7 straight All Pros and with 3 DPOY in the mix. Has Brady ever elevated himself above his QB peers the way Donald has his DT peers?  

Brady averaged a SB win every 3 years for two full decades lol

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

In the playoffs, you play against the best of the best. You are facing teams throwing the kitchen sink at you, especially great QB's like Brady.

The notion that Manning was better because he threw for more TD's in week 13 against an awful Lions or Jaguars team is so stupid it isn't even worth talking about, especially at this point when we are talking about a guy who won 7 Super Bowls.

Brady's postseason passer rating is 90.4, and Manning's is 87.4. That's a marginal difference, especially considering old Manning had a debilitating neck injury that dragged down his performance the last couple years.