Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

They went 15-0 afterwards, rewrote record books, annihilated most of the teams they played and came a couple plays short of going 19-0.

Yes and won 3 SB by a combined 9 pts or 3 seperate FG's. I'm sure it played no factor.

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Honestly, and even considering it's a pretty trivial subject in the grand scheme of things, this is one of the most ridiculous and disgusting pieces of news I've seen in a long time.

The amount of BS and speculation, from supposedly serious journalists, is disgusting!

Yeah, I can’t believe Schefter wouldn’t try and confirm it with his agent or a family member first, before reporting it. Part of me thinks this could have been Brady trolling and having someone leak it out of his circle to ESPN for payback from deflategate. I don’t know.

I honestly don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion he retires. I think he really hasn’t made up his mind and wants to play one more year and is working on convincing his family. I think if he was really done, he would have came out with some IG post last night or whatever saying he is but this isn’t how he wanted it to go without dragging it on. I am probably just overanalyzing this and end of day, it is probably just piss poor journalism failing once again. I was upset when Peyton retired so I guess I am justing holding onto hope he’s here for one more season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes and won 3 SB by a combined 9 pts or 3 seperate FG's. I'm sure it played no factor.

If they were actually cheating, wouldn't they have won by a lot more?

Eagles lost the SB because McFlabb was out of shape and Reid is retarded at clock management.

Edited by biggie.

51 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

No. Only in the minds of people that see reality, and that aren't fanboys.

It's funny how people want to drag Pete Rose through the mud (and, there was no evidence that he bet on baseball as a player, although they were investigating him in the late-60's), and they want to forget about what Brady and Belichick did and praise them like nothing ever happened. Why?

Why am I not shocked you are one of the people spearheading the Brady hate train?

I just find it especially amusing that you are calling out "fanboys" who supposedly don't "see reality" when youve quite clearly demonstrated over the years that you are a blind hater who outright ignores reality.

Im a Steeler fan.   I have zero undeserved love for the man who acted arrogant and cocky while he humiliated my team almost every time we played.   Despite all that, Ive defended Brady against you numerous times over the years...not because Im a "fanboy", but because I actually do "see reality".

You can discredit him nonstop all you want, but youve already proven you dont have enough of an argument to convince anyone other than people who already dont like Brady.

Brady is the GOAT.  

You dont have to believe it...you dont have to like it....but ultimately, you will have to deal with it.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 12:14 AM, Dr LBC said:

So... return of the Blaine Train?  Or do we see Yimmy finally do what he was drafted to do and succeed Tom Terrific (not that Jimmy G and Arians' scheme are a fit in any way whatsoever)?

I can see Tampa being a landing spot for Mariota now.

10 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

With Hill at QB? No way and if anyone says Matty Ice they need to ask themself what has he done lately? The NFCS is totally open for grabs.

A lot had to go wrong for them to miss it this year. They’ll have a top 5 defense…and can the QB situation or WR situation really get worse this year? 

Meanwhile you have a bad Falcons and Panthers team, and a Bucs team about to lose the best player of all-time and lots of other important players

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

A lot had to go wrong for them to miss it this year. They’ll have a top 5 defense…and can the QB situation or WR situation really get worse this year? 

Meanwhile you have a bad Falcons and Panthers team, and a Bucs team about to lose the best player of all-time and lots of other important players

The Saints may have to release/trade away some players to get back under the cap this year. I can see this as a rebuild for them and more than likely why Payton left.

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

It's funny how people want to drag Pete Rose through the mud (and, there was no evidence that he bet on baseball as a player, although they were investigating him in the late-60's), and they want to forget about what Brady and Belichick did and praise them like nothing ever happened. Why?

Friend Loser GIF

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

So overblown that the NFL Commissioner took it upon himself to have those tapes "destroyed" rather then made public for the masses to see. Makes most sane people wonder, WTF was actually recorded since as you put it " where they had the cameras" was the issue.

Yes Overblown! 👌

He literally showed it to a room full of reporters before that lol. Some of you are so quick to talk about things its very very clear you know very little about

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Considering it wasn't even an enforced rule back then, probably not lol. Again, you are very quick to speak about things you lack a lot of information on

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2798498 

Pete Rose revealed Wednesday that he bet on the Reds "every night" while he was manager of the team and that the Dowd Report was correct when it said he did so.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=2798498 

Pete Rose revealed Wednesday that he bet on the Reds "every night" while he was manager of the team and that the Dowd Report was correct when it said he did so.

You are assuming the dude you are responding to actually had any clue what he was talking about and wasn't just hate venting because the majority of sports fandom and sports media doesn't hold his favorite over Brady. This dude has been doing this for a year. He once told everyone on this board that Brady suceeded because he was in a system that required a below average quarterback to run it effectively.