Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

ET have you considered that if you exclude all playoff games, Superbowl wins, and Superbowl MVP's that Tom Brady just wasn't that good during those years?

I for one like to ignore all accomplishments when I am trying to gauge a player. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Two time All Decade team, Seven time SB winner, Five time SB MVP, three time league MVP, two time OPOY.

Don't forget 3 All Pros.

None of his peers in these two decades comes anywhere close to this

Really? Because last I checked Manning has 5 MVPs and 7 All Pros.  

None of those accolades indicate a dominant peak. They indicate sustained excellence over a period of time. 

Do you know what the work "peak" means? 

heck, his peers don't even have 5 SB appearances, let alone 5 SB MVPs.

It's almost as if he was playing for a top-5 coach coach in NFL history. Team accomplishments do not indicate individual dominance. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

2013 to 2017, as @Bullet Club showed.

I mean, just look at the first year you are including.

In 2013 Manning complete destroyed the league. Looking at the advance stats, Manning is 1st in DVOA and DYAR by a country mile. It's one of the greatest QB years in the history of the league. Brady is 11th and 6th, respectively. Manning created almost TRIPLE (3x) the value that Brady did in this year.

By including 2013 in the years that you believe Brady was the most dominant QB who elevated himself above his peers, you've completely disqualified yourself from appearing like you know the slightest thing about football. 

20 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I mean, just look at the first year you are including.

In 2013 Manning complete destroyed the league. Looking at the advance stats, Manning is 1st in DVOA and DYAR by a country mile. It's one of the greatest QB years in the history of the league. Brady is 11th and 6th, respectively. Manning created almost TRIPLE (3x) the value that Brady did in this year.

By including 2013 in the years that you believe Brady was the most dominant QB who elevated himself above his peers, you've completely disqualified yourself from appearing like you know the slightest thing about football. 

Somewhat fair, but Manning did not play well in the Super Bowl that year.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Don't forget 3 All Pros.

The All Decades trump the All Pros - given that they're selected by the same circle of people.

Really? Because last I checked Manning has 5 MVPs and 7 All Pros.  

Zero All Decade nods, however. You'd think he'd get one of em if he was better than Brady.

Do you know what the work "peak" means?

Work peak? Hmm. Not sure what a Work Peak is. Seven SBs in a career is a work peak, I'd say.

It's almost as if he was playing for a top-5 coach coach in NFL history.

Yet, Peyton Manning with a HoF coach accomplished in Tony Dungy... No All Decades, one SB MVP.

So maybe there's some player driven context? Or is this another case where a HoF WR and HoF RB aren't enough?

Maybe if we subbed out Marvin Harrison for a stud like Julian Edelman, or Edgerrin James for a guy like *checks notes* James White. Maybe, just MAYBE Manning would have done more... if he had less.

Team accomplishments do not indicate individual dominance.

Given the team hasn't accomplished it since he left, and he accomplished it with another team, I'd say that's pretty individually dominant.

But, I dunno if you're going to read all these "works" so who knows...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given the team hasn't accomplished it since he left, and he accomplished it with another team, I'd say that's pretty individually dominant.

But, I dunno if you're going to read all these "works".

NO NO NO NO NO NO you are FORGETTING that he left Bill Belichick's system for Bruce Arians, another HOF coach! Therefore it doesn't count.

Not only that, but playing with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski and Leonard Fournette behind a top 5 OL pfft anyone can do that which is why the Bucs prior to Brady joining were a perennial powerhouse in the AFC So- oh wait they were 7-9 the previous year before Brady joined and they've been 11-5 (Superbowl win) and 13-4 (AFC Divisional Loss) since.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

you've completely disqualified yourself from appearing like you know the slightest thing about football. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

The irony here is so thick you could cut it with a knife...

• Like 2