Tom Brady to retire from NFL after 22 seasons

rocky_rams

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tom Brady is the Cooper Manning of the Brady household; all that talent but he never amounted to much relatively.

And he's older. Might be funnier. But has the smallest forehead of the group. Because Giselle is rockin' that sixhead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe if we subbed out Marvin Harrison for a stud like Julian Edelman, or Edgerrin James for a guy like *checks notes* James White. Maybe, just MAYBE Manning would have done more... if he had less.

What a hypocrite you are. Brady had Gronk, the greatest TE in the history of the sport. 

What was that you said about omission? 

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

2013 to 2017, as @Bullet Club showed.

Let's go back to 2013.

Why do you think, in 2013, Brady was clearly a dominant player who elevated his game above all his peers? 

Just give me some evidence supporting that. I'd love to see it.

This is your argument. Support it. Or are you going to try to change the topic again? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

How's this for sustained dominance?

MVP Voting:

2013-2nd

2014-5th

2015-2nd

2016-2nd

2017-1st

That's a five year stretch where he only fell out of the top 2 for MVP once while going to three Super Bowls, and winning two. He was also top 3 in MVP voting four other times in his career.

Let's look at efficiency ratings:

2013: Manning has one of the greatest QB seasons in history. Brady is 11th in DVOA, behind Manning, Foles, Rivers, McCown, Brees, Rodgers, Kaepernick, Wilson, Ryan, and Romo. Not a good case here for Brady being superior to his peers. 

2014: A-Rod has a great MVP season, is first in DVOA, followed by Romo, Big Ben, Manning, then Brady. Not a good case here for Brady being superior to his peers. 

2015: Cam wins MVP. According to DVOA, Palmer is the best passer, followed by Dalton, Wilson, Big Ben, and Brady. Not a good case here for Brady being superior to his peers. 

2016: Matt Ryan wins MVP. Brady has a strong 12 games. According to DVOA, Brady is second to Ryan. In terms of total value (DYAR), Brady is behind Ryan, Brees, Cousins, and Prescott, and about equal to Rodgers. Not a good case here for Brady being superior to his peers, but better than the last 3 years. 

2017: Brady wins MVP. Brady is 2nd in DVOA to Case Keenum (!), however Brady, Keenum, Brees, and Rivers are all within 2% of each other. Not a good case here for Brady being superior to his peers, but at least here he is about as good as the top QBs.  

It's amazing to me that I ask for a stretch when Brady demonstrated he was clearly superior to his peers, and this time frame is the best anyone can muster? Is that all? 

17 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

What a hypocrite you are. Brady had Gronk, the greatest TE in the history of the sport. 

What was that you said about omission? 

Gronk can't be the best TE ever, he only has three All Pros.

#yourlogic

Just now, ET80 said:

Gronk can't be the best TE ever, he only has three All Pros.

#yourlogic

First off, you are wrong, he has 4. Try counting, I know it's hard. 

Secondly, look at his years:

2011: 16 games, All Pro
2012: 11 games, not All Pro
2013: 7 games, not All Pro
2014: 15 games, All Pro
2015: 15 games, All Pro
2016: 8 games, not All Pro
2017: 14 games, All Pro

He had 4 All Pros in 8 years, and the only years he didn't get All Pro he was injured. 

But his PEAK performance was so good, he is GOAT status. 

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

First off, you are wrong, he has 4. Try counting, I know it's hard. 

Not as hard as trying to follow your logic around...

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

Secondly, look at his years:

2011: 16 games, All Pro
2012: 11 games, not All Pro
2013: 7 games, not All Pro
2014: 15 games, All Pro
2015: 15 games, All Pro
2016: 8 games, not All Pro
2017: 14 games, All Pro

He had 4 All Pros in 8 years, and the only years he didn't get All Pro he was injured. 

But his PEAK performance was so good, he is GOAT status. 

It's incredible that you can't see I'm mocking you at this point. Entertaining, yes... and incredible.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Not as hard as trying to follow your logic around...

It's incredible that you can't see I'm mocking you at this point. Entertaining, yes... and incredible.

Whatever floats your boat. I'm still waiting on your analysis of 2013 QB play.

I thought people posted because they like talking football. Whatever emotional satisfaction you get otherwise is not really my concern. 

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

Whatever floats your boat. I'm still waiting on your analysis of 2013 QB play.

I'm basing it on MVP nods - clearly his numbers were good enough to warrant the league to consider him the best in the league those years, so you can skip on the DVOA/DYAR numbers - once again, I'll take their assessment of him over your assessment, thanks.

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I thought people posted because they like talking football.

We do, and we can see when somebody has a personal vendetta and is clouded by their own bias. Best to let those people stew in their own bias and giggle at their expense.

(Hint: I'm talking about you).

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Whatever emotional satisfaction you get otherwise is not really my concern. 

Good. I'll keep on laughing at you then.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm basing it on MVP nods - clearly his numbers were good enough to warrant the league to consider him the best in the league those years, so you can skip on the DVOA/DYAR numbers - once again, I'll take their assessment of him over your assessment, thanks.

Yeah, it turns out MVP nods often go to the QBs on teams with the most wins. It isn't always related to their efficiency. I'm surprised you didn't know that. 

Good. I'll keep on laughing at you then.

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Alright. Most the people who need to laugh at others while hiding behind an online profile are not that impressive. I'm guessing you wouldn't be laughing long under different circumstances. 

12 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I thought this was a retirement thread.

Has he even said anything to confirm or deny? What the hell is going on in here? What are we talking about?

Wtf

The only thing he himself has said is that he's still going through the process of deciding what he wants to do so no it's not official.