Horizon: Forbidden West

Supersuavesky

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, JBURGE said:

Yeah. I think the story went from "best in new IPs" to pretty average with the story heading into the third game. 

yeah, the big reveal, which was just such absolute garbage from a storytelling standpoint, really undercuts the core themes of the first two games, too.

• 3 months later...

Just finished.   I dont see what the problem is with the ending.   I actually thought it was pretty good, aside from the name of the new threat being a bit generic.

Anyway, loved the game and cant wait to see the future of the franchise (which looks quite busy).

I saw this game for $29 and can still get it for that price. I'm on the fence because I watched someone's review of the game and he brought up what appears to be a good point. The game's map just seems like a cluster F of "content" and he said a lot of it was a waste of time. Idk, not sure I even want to really get into this.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

I saw this game for $29 and can still get it for that price. I'm on the fence because I watched someone's review of the game and he brought up what appears to be a good point. The game's map just seems like a cluster F of "content" and he said a lot of it was a waste of time. Idk, not sure I even want to really get into this.

I mean, if you dont like sidequests in RPGs, then sure, but its no different than literally any other RPG.    In fact, Id say the sidequests are better than most RPGs.    Many of the sidequests with stories are actually pretty interesting.   The other stuff can help you land legendary weapons and armor.

Its okay if people dont like the game.   Different strokes and all that....but thats a pretty silly complaint levied against an RPG.     Wonder if he said the same things about games like Skyrim and Witcher 3.    

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:46 AM, showtime said:

If you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one. And yes, there's a ton to do but you obviously don't need to have it all. The side quests are fairly interesting for the most part IMO. I found this game to be amazing but the one big gripe w/ me was how easy the final boss was but maybe that's b/c I did literally everything before getting to him. I didn't finish the pits but that **** was hard to get the time down but I got about 60-70% through it which gave me great upgrades.

Personally, I find it to be a steal at $29 but this franchise is one of my favorites

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

If you liked the first one, you'll probably like this one. And yes, there's a ton to do but you obviously don't need to have it all. The side quests are fairly interesting for the most part IMO. I found this game to be amazing but the one big gripe w/ me was how easy the final boss was but maybe that's b/c I did literally everything before getting to him. I didn't finish the pits but that **** was hard to get the time down but I got about 60-70% through it which gave me great upgrades.

Personally, I find it to be a steal at $29 but this franchise is one of my favorites

Only pit I didnt finish was the Enduring against the old lady, but I could have easily finished it if I had upgraded my melee armor to max.    I didn't because the reward for doing so was just slightly better spear damage, and by that point I had completed all the rebel camps and melee vs machines is largely useless.

The arena was the only thing I completely gave up on after a certain point.   I got 80 medals, bought one legendary weapon and bailed.

Final boss was definitely too easy.    I wish the game had megabosses and notably harder areas.     Even the hardest enemies became relatively easy.   Ill probably play on hard next playthrough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 43M said:

Only pit I didnt finish was the Enduring against the old lady, but I could have easily finished it if I had upgraded my melee armor to max.    I didn't because the reward for doing so was just slightly better spear damage, and by that point I had completed all the rebel camps and melee vs machines is largely useless.

The arena was the only thing I completely gave up on after a certain point.   I got 80 medals, bought one legendary weapon and bailed.

Final boss was definitely too easy.    I wish the game had megabosses and notably harder areas.     Even the hardest enemies became relatively easy.   Ill probably play on hard next playthrough.

Yeah, think I got a little further in the arena. It was a ton of fun at first but some of the times were just insane. I don't do bronze and that's just my problem. I wouldn't continue to the next until I got gold on the current. 

I didn't think about it but yes, megabosses would be a great idea ala FF games!  Hopefully they do that next game bc that would make it so much more better IMO. Great idea. Do we know anyone at Guerilla? If so, let's hit em up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, think I got a little further in the arena. It was a ton of fun at first but some of the times were just insane. I don't do bronze and that's just my problem. I wouldn't continue to the next until I got gold on the current. 

I think youre talking about the hunting grounds, which were easier this time IMO.   I got golds on all of them.

Im talking about the Arena...

Although, everyone is saying if you put it on story difficulty, they are incredibly easy.    On normal, I got to a certain point and gave up, mainly because of time limits.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

I think youre talking about the hunting grounds, which were easier this time IMO.   I got golds on all of them.

Im talking about the Arena...

Although, everyone is saying if you put it on story difficulty, they are incredibly easy.    On normal, I got to a certain point and gave up, mainly because of time limits.

Nope, hunting grounds were all fairly easy except using the tremortusk weapon to kill the razor things. I had a little trouble with that at first bc I was getting the wrong weapon lol. 

Definitely talking about the arena but I haven't played in a while so maybe I'm misspeaking about specific things lol. My bad if that's the case

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Nope, hunting grounds were all fairly easy except using the tremortusk weapon to kill the razor things. I had a little trouble with that at first bc I was getting the wrong weapon lol. 

Definitely talking about the arena but I haven't played in a while so maybe I'm misspeaking about specific things lol. My bad if that's the case

Only reason I thought you were talking hunting grounds is because you were talking about bronze and gold medals, but in the arena, you just get a certain number of medals for completing them in the time limit.

Either way, I just got enough to get the Legendary boltblaster and walked away. 

• Like 1