BDL 2017 Week 9: Orlando ospreys @ Compton Black Panthers

DingoLadd

Who Wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Orlando Ospreys
    • Compton Black Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 9: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Orlando Ospreys

Offense

QB – Russell Wilson

RB – Carlos Hyde 

WR - Mike Evans

WR – Alshon Jeffrey 

WR – Martavis Bryant 

TE – Rob Gronkowski 

LT – Taylor Lewan 

LG – Clint Boling 

C –  Travis Swanson

RG –  Ali Marpet 

RT – Lane Johnson

Reserves

RB – Alvin Kamara 

RB – Jerrick McKinnon

WR - Robert Woods

WR – Travis Benjamin

TE – Zach Miller

OC - Nick Martin

OT – Trent Brown

OT - Matt Kalil

Defense

DE – Vic Beasley

DT – Dontari Poe 

DT – Ndamukong Suh 

DE – Joey Bosa 

MLB – Bobby Wagner 

WLB – Christian Kirksey

CB – Jalen Ramsey 

CB – James Bradberry

NCB – Tyrann Mathieu

FS – Rodney McLeod

SS – Keanu Neal

Reserves

EDGE - Carl Lawson

LB – Danny Trevathan

DT – Danny Shelton

DT – Kenny Clark

CB - Briean Boddy-Calhoun

S – TJ Ward

S – Eddie Jackson

Compton Black Panthers

QB: Case Keenum

RB: Tarik Cohen
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Stefon Diggs
TE: Martellus Bennett
TE: Coby Fleener
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Brian Winters
C: Pat Eflein
RG: Brandon Scherff
RT: Demar Dotson

QB: Deshone Kizer

RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: CJ Prosise
RB: Dion Lewis
WR: Josh Doctson
TE: Nick Vannett
OL: Cam Robinson
OL: Ryan Kelly

DE: Jadeveon Clowney
DT: DeForest Buckner
DT: Corey Liuget
DE: Pernell McPhee
LB: K.J. Wright
LB: Tahir Whitehead
CB: Marshon Lattimore
CB: Casey Hayward
CB: Bobby McCain
FS: Devin McCourty
SS: Karl Joseph

DE: Frank Clark
DE: Chris Long

DE: William Hayes
DT: Sheldon Rankins
LB: Dylan Cole
CB: Terence Newman
CB: Will Redmond
S: DJ Swearinger

Orlando Gameplan: 

Offense

Despite Compton’s record they bring a very formidable defense. Lucky for Orlando we have the offensive weapons to match returning the same offense as last week we plan to get our skill players with the ball in space. We’ll start by featuring our running game to wear down the front 7 of Compton. Most runs will be off tackle where we can use Lane Johnson and Taylor Lewan to seal off the edge rushers of Compton in McPhee and Clowney while pulling our guards to give Hyde, Kamara, and McKinnon a lead block and room to run into the Compton secondary. We will also throw to our RBs in space to let them get YAC. In the passing game we will feature WRs with a significant size advantage in bunch routes, and crossing routes to throw off any press coverage they may attempt to use. If they are not using press coverage we will use screen passes to both our RBs and WRs in space. GRonk will be heavily targeted in this scheme tearing up the middle of the field and not allowing the LBs to stay wide and target the running game. If they make the mistake of using a CB on Gronk we will call a hot route to the outside WR not covered by Lattimore or Hayward.   Overall we think that our line advantage up front will allow us to wear down the Compton run defense and then getting the ball in space against a tired front will allow us tons of YAC.

Defense

On defense we plan to keep Case Keenum under pressure all day as he does not have very good numbers against the blitz. On the Line we feature two of the league’s best DEs in Beasley and Bosa. Bosa who has been targeted by our opponents recently is feasting in 2017 with 8.5 sacks in 8 games. Beasley on the other side is the returning sack leader from 2016 and despite early injuries is starting to rack up the pressure for Atlanta.  On the inside we feature pocket collapsers Suh and Poe who should be more than enough on the inside to shut down Marshawn while making Keenum try to get outside the pocket…right into Bosa and Beasley. Martellus has been Non-existant this season and Bobby Wagner will be up to the task to keep that status quo. Kirksey will be featured in the pass rush with LB blitzes. In the secondary we will be playing a Cover two. Jalen Ramsey will get Antonio and Bradberry will get Diggs, both will have safety help over the top. Honey badger will man the Nickel and also be used early and often for corner Blitzes. Overall we think our defensive skill players make Keenum’s day very long. We will blitz about 30-35% of the time from the outside from the corner and from the inside at LB making sure to keep Keenum under pressure and running for his life.

Compton Gameplan by Whicker? 

Offense:

We're going to run a balanced offense with an emphasis on safe, short throws for Case Keenum. Marshawn Lynch returns this week and will get the majority of inside carries. Tarik Cohen, however, will be heavily involved in the passing game and will get more touches overall. We will use a 2 TE set to help blocking on Cohen's outside runs as well as create easy mismatches over the middle for Keenum. Of course, both of our starting receivers will get plenty of targets. Josh Doctson will also rotate into the game often. When he does, we will try to give all of our receivers snaps out of the slop to further try to create mismatches.

Defense:

We believe we match up well against the Orlando offense. Marshon Lattimore is going to go head to head with Mike Evans and we like our guy. Casey Hayward will cover the overrated Alshon Jeffrey with Bobby McCain taking the third receiver. K.J. Wright and Karl Joseph will double Gronkowski. Devin McCourty will play a Cover-1 zone. Tahir Whitehead will take the running back. With Joseph playing in the box to help against Gronkowski, we should have no problem limiting the Orlando running game.

Close game. I think Compton D matchup well with Orlando passing game, but I'm not sure about their ability to stop the run in this one, even with Joseph in the box. I like Compton plan to run outside as well, but I don't know if they can do it consistently enough. With both Diggs and AB doubled, pressure in on Compton other weapons. I'm not fond of Compton TEs but Cohen could have a huge game, especially since he was kind of forgotten by Hockey. In the end, I just like Orlando overall offensive talent more than Compton's. 24-20 Orlando

Bryant being named despite being out is pretty funny. Woods or Benjamin coming in could do a job however. Also, Zach Miller being on the bench despite nearly having his leg amputated is great.

Anyway, Orlando's offensive line looks great at tackle but the interior isn't ideal. I'm not convinced they move the ball well on the ground this week and Wilson faces a fair bit of pressure from a strong interior. It's also not the best defensive secondary, which would leave it liable to some big plays with Keenum playing decent ball and Brown + Diggs on the outside. With that said, Wilson to Gronk & Evans is still a lot to overcome, and the Orlando front line will cause Keenum some issues given the interior isn't in the best shape at the moment.

I think this is a very close game as well. Compton if they were undefeated I think would manage to put that extra effort in, but with a wind under their belt, Orlando take it in a game that means a little bit more. 20-17 Orlando.

25 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Bryant being named despite being out is pretty funny. Woods or Benjamin coming in could do a job however. Also, Zach Miller being on the bench despite nearly having his leg amputated is great.

Anyway, Orlando's offensive line looks great at tackle but the interior isn't ideal. I'm not convinced they move the ball well on the ground this week and Wilson faces a fair bit of pressure from a strong interior. It's also not the best defensive secondary, which would leave it liable to some big plays with Keenum playing decent ball and Brown + Diggs on the outside. With that said, Wilson to Gronk & Evans is still a lot to overcome, and the Orlando front line will cause Keenum some issues given the interior isn't in the best shape at the moment.

I think this is a very close game as well. Compton if they were undefeated I think would manage to put that extra effort in, but with a wind under their belt, Orlando take it in a game that means a little bit more. 20-17 Orlando.

Technically, the Bears were on a bye so he's allowed to do that

Archived