2023 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking 259 picks:

Ozzy

11 hours ago, BigTrav said:

I've got Zion Nelson and Skoronski in the first round, pretty comfortably. What puts them lower than that, for you?

I have Dawand Jones 1st round as a OT but the rest I still need to see a lot more from.  Jones has that upside the others do not, or at least have not shown yet.  Zion Nelson I thought was overrated last year but maybe he will be better this year.  Skoronski is impressive but physically limited in pass pro, good in run blocking but he might be more of a guard and seems to have short arms.  

Jeremy James is just as talented as Skoronski and Nelson I feel, and Carter Warren could move up there but will see.  Darnell Wright is another but he is going to have to take his game to the next level like Skornoski and Nelson to prove they are 1st rounders.  However the OT position in this draft is pretty weak I would say so some guys will be picked higher than they should just because of team needs in the NFL but still compared to last year and the year before this OT group is pretty weak no question unless some guys really improve.  

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Ozzy why so low on Boutte? He’s a top 10 prospect for me right now. 

Out of sight out of mind possibly with his injury last year, maybe I forget how good he was by not seeing him much last year.  No way I take him over Smith-Njigba though or Addison for that matter and potentially Jayden Reed or Quentin Johnston if he does what he should this year.  Also Nathaniel Dell is pretty impressive as well not to mention Josh Downs, Keytaon Thompson or AT Perry who should have a great year and is a great athlete.

Top 10 pick in the draft?  Maybe but he would have to really show a lot this year for that to happen, top 40 pick no question and sure he can work his way into the 1st round also.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Hey Ozzy, I've got a lot of official measurements and things in here for 2023 prospects (position rankings, team reviews, etc). Take a look.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MElK1mAIY9vHEuZAF2KDRJhyec5Yq2u2r5DPmq3klPE/edit?hl=en#gid=1326548687

That is a lot of work especially with all those measurements!  Nice to see someone else that is at least still at it.  Will be nice not having the COVID years after this season, is kind of hard to keep track of who is back and school and who graduated, really was hard last year.  I thought I had everyone clear a few weeks back then watching a Steelers preseason game last week Nick Sciba was kicking in it.  I thought he was returning to Wake, I liked him as a kicker but is going to maybe be on the practice squad for the Steelers who knows.  

Tucker Kraft I agree he could be a super star TE, not sure he declares but I guess he is a RS JR, I love his size and he has great hands and athletic ability.  Boutte not sure he is the #1 WR in my book, out of sight out of mind and he has a lot to prove coming off that injury, Jaxon on Ohio State is a much better WR prospect I feel with more upside but will see how the season goes.  

The OL group looks pretty weak especially at tackle but I expect big things from Dawand Jones but who knows if he will take it there, his teammate Paris I need to see how he is at OT not totally sold on him being great there.  Will be interesting how Jalen Carter does with so much elite level talent not around him, not sure he will be nearly as productive this year with all the attention but will see.  Ika on Baylor is a monster and I would be surprised if he does not end up being a 1st round pick in 2023.  Randomly looking you might be a little low on TJ Franklin, he has ideal 3/4 DE build and was a force late last year and should be even better this year but will see.  Garrett Nelson could have a big year for Nebraska who has a surprisingly solid front 7 I feel.  

And to think there are people in the NFL that get paid to do this, how easy would that be...  Considering we do it for fun, pretty sure many NFL guys would not do it for fun in their free time...haha

Also 

Charlie Jones is on Purdue at WR transferred from Iowa
Tayon Fleet-Davis is in the NFL not Maryland

Did a quick scan and those are the only two errors I saw, well done.  

Edited by Ozzy

On 8/7/2022 at 7:03 AM, Ozzy said:

Out of sight out of mind possibly with his injury last year, maybe I forget how good he was by not seeing him much last year.  No way I take him over Smith-Njigba though or Addison for that matter and potentially Jayden Reed or Quentin Johnston if he does what he should this year.  Also Nathaniel Dell is pretty impressive as well not to mention Josh Downs, Keytaon Thompson or AT Perry who should have a great year and is a great athlete.

Top 10 pick in the draft?  Maybe but he would have to really show a lot this year for that to happen, top 40 pick no question and sure he can work his way into the 1st round also.  

its pretty easy to put big numbers in that offense especially when ur likely facing the oppositions 3rd best CB/S.  

Addison is good but i dont trust that 6 foot 175 pound frame for the NFL. 

Boutte probably has the best combo of athleticism and size for the WR Position in the top end of the draft.  

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

its pretty easy to put big numbers in that offense especially when ur likely facing the oppositions 3rd best CB/S.  

Addison is good but i dont trust that 6 foot 175 pound frame for the NFL. 

Boutte probably has the best combo of athleticism and size for the WR Position in the top end of the draft.  

Maybe but Jaxon runs better routes than Boutte does, dude is smooth and should not no issue as the #1 WR on Ohio State this year.  He is just as good as Olave or Wilson and both were 1st round picks top 15.  Addison could breakout especially out in the Pac-12, and there are small WRs who succeed in the NFL with quickness and he has that.  

Again it is out of sight out of mind for me, will see how he looks in this new offense coming off injury, Jayden Reed is a hell of a combo of toughness and athletic ability.  Maybe people just instantly think Boutte is like Chase because he is thicker at WR well built and plays at LSU, but not sure about that will see.  Chase sure benefits from having his college QB throw him the ball much less one of the best young QBs in the NFL and a team with three legit WRs and a solid versatile run game, that improved OL could really help this year as well.  

The dude could blow up this year, Calijah Kancey.  I might have him a little underrated at the moment and he could go higher than the bottom of the 1st round.   Is a big time athlete and only question is his size.  He can easily get off blocks and is one hell of a pass rusher from the inside.  Will be interesting how the DTs stack out, how Bresee looks after injury, how Ika does and Carter.  Kancey is a good as any of them and if one wants a pass rushing DT he is better than any of them with his quickness and power.  They got a lot of guys back on that Pitt DL with Alexandre, Morgan, Green and the best of them Baldonado.  The combo of Kancey and Baldonado in pass rush situations could be amazing especially if they are on the same side, also have Dennis back as a great blitzing ILB.  

• 2 weeks later...

Prospect Standouts

Week 0 

*Peter Skoronski JR OT/OG Northwestern:  Going to have to move him up, really strong game by him against some good edge rushers on Nebraska.  Impressive showing, was able to move guys which is not a surprise but really locked on in pass pro as did that entire Northwestern OL and did not allow much pressure at all.  In a weak OL class Skoronski is easily one of the best tackles in the nation, might be better at guard in the NFL.  Still in terms of overall OL he is as good as any other ones right now and is at or near the top in the nation and in the up coming draft class.

*Adetomiwa Adebawore SR DE Northwestern:  Does not have ideal height but kid is apparently a great athlete, really good a solid push most of the game.  Can get under the tackle and get by them or hold the edge well.  Interesting talent, played with good passion and will be one to watch with his athletic ability and size.  Need to see a lot more of him but interesting talent for the up coming draft class on the edge.  

*Travis Vokolek RS SR TE Nebraska: Looked awesome before he got hurt, huge kid that can run, decent route runner, strong blocker with an ideal frame.  Hopefully he can get back healthy again after that injury because dude is a legit TE prospect at the next level with his size and athletic ability.  

*Chase Brown RS JR RB Illinois:  Easily one of the toughest RBs in the nation, plays the game with passion.  Has solid vision, hard to bring down and some wiggle to him.  In the offense on Illinois that is run centered he should have a really strong season, is a great leader, teammate and could really have a breakout season that is super production.

*Devon Witherspoon JR CB Illinois:  Really strong game by him, love his ball skills and had that one great interception and return.  Has a good build, good ball skills and with his size is a very interesting CB prospect with a lot of upside and potential.   Could be an absolute stud but I have to watch a lot more of him.  

*Evan Hull RS JR RB Northwestern:  Interesting talent, smooth runner that gives great effort and has good vision.  Not a classic superstar back but had a great game and ran hard, could be interesting to see this year and next, see how he develops.  

*Cameron Mitchell RS JR CB Northwestern:  Liked him last year and he seems a lot better this season, have to love the confidence he plays with no question about it, has good ball skills and reacts well to the football in the air.

*Jackson Mitchell JR ILB UCONN:  Tackling machine out there, all over the field making plays.  Reads the action well, can get off blocks and finish tackles obviously.  Interesting talent and will be one to watch going forward for UCONN.  

*Alfred Edwards RS SR OT Utah State:  Love his size for the position, massive kid, long arms and seems to have pretty good feet.  One to watch for the up coming draft at the position of OT.

*Alex Palczewski SR OT Illinois:  I noticed him a bit last year, is a tough kid and is a very solid run blocker.  In a weak class he could really move up the OT rankings, he also might be better at guard in the league but still the kid is an interesting talent and one of the better ones in the nation at the position.  

*Jartavius Martin SR S Illinois:  I have to watch him a lot more but I loved how he tackled and seems like a very versatile safety would can play a lot of slot as well if need be.  Is a much see and is part of a surprisingly solid Illinois DB unit.  

*Cam Porter JR RB Northwestern:  Kid looks the part, has star potential but has been hurt most of his career.  Ran the ball well in this game and broke a few impressive tackles.  Interesting talent and is part of a surprisingly loading Northwestern backfield with at least four options at the position, will see if Porter can finally stay healthy this year.  

Others who impressed:

Julian Pearl RS JR OT Illinois

Collin McCarthy SOPH DE UCONN

Teddy Prochazka SOPH OT Nebraska

Marques Buford Jr SOPH S Nebraska

Ryan Hilinski RS JR QB Northwestern

Prospect Standouts

Week 1:

*Anthony Richardson RS SOPH QB Florida:  Looks like a totally different player, is calm and under control, knows what he is doing and made great decisions passing and running the football.  If he keeps up that level of play sky is the limit for him, but it was only one game against a team that lost basically all their good LBs from last season.  

*Jack Campbell SR ILB Iowa:  Tackling machine, could be a top 20 pick if he keeps playing this well.  Has amazing size for a linebacker, can run, get off blocks, tackle in space and in traffic, has a great motor and plays with passion.  Dude is legit and is easily the best ILB in the nation.

*Brant Kuithe SR TE Utah:  Love his attitude, plays with passion, is a great route runner and tough blocker for his size.  With his footwork and athletic ability he could be a hell of a weapon in the NFL, Utah does not have any super threat at WR but did not matter because Kuithe was so hard to handle at TE.  Could be a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

*Lukas Van Ness RS SOPH DE Iowa:  I have to watch more of him but dude is strong on the edge and can really walk offensive tackles backwards.  Love his ability to hold the edge and control the tackle.  Really interesting talent and is part of a super deep and talented DL on Iowa that is loaded with next level prospects.

*Michael Hall Jr RS FR DT Ohio State:  Need to see more of him but kid looked like a star in that game, granted Patterson was not out there, but Hall was a massive force in the middle and made huge plays as a pass rusher from the interior.

*Malaki Starks FR CB Georgia:  Potential super star and should be the other starting CB shortly for Georgia, huge kid, great ball skills and super long arms.  Looks legit and had a big time game for them, will be one to watch.

*O'Cyrus Torrence SR OG Florida:  Was a real force on the inside for Florida, the Louisiana transfer, is a huge kid but obviously has always been a great power run blocker and he really was in this game as well, could be one of the better OG prospects in the up coming NFL draft.

*Jacob Cowing JR WR Arizona:  Super quick WR and part of a really impressive Arizona football team, love him in the slot and he is just so smooth as a receiver, could have an outstanding season for the Wildcats no doubt.

*Quinn Schulte RS JR S Iowa:  I love how he played in that game, not a very experienced player at all but was in the right place at the right time and really brought it as a tackler.  Smart player and tough, really great game by him and a great defensive performance, will see if that Iowa unit can keep up that level of play.

*Jared Verse  RS SOPH DE Florida State:  Freak show athlete and should be an amazing player for Florida State, really strong kid that can move the offensive tackle, has great quickness off the edge as well.  Transfer from Albany, could even be a early entry guy potentially if he keeps playing this well.

*BJ Ojulari JR OLB/DE LSU:  Is going to be one of the better pass rushers in the nation, liked him last year and should be even better this year.  Has the #18 for LSU which is impressive, has a great get off and is very quick off the edge.  Nice looking talent.

Others who impressed:

Raheim Sanders SOPH RB Arkansas

Mekhi Garner RS JR CB/S LSU

Jayden Daniels RS JR QB LSU

Ventrell Miller RS SR ILB Florida

Tetairoa McMillan FR WR Arizona

Michael Wiley JR RB Arizona

Jestin Jacobs RS JR LB Iowa

Mason Taylor FR TE LSU

Terry Roberts RS SR CB Iowa

Noah Shannon RS SR DT Iowa

Yahya Black RS SOPH DT Iowa

Tory Taylor JR P Iowa

Trevor Etienne FR RB Florida

Braeden Daniels RS JR OT Utah

Howard Cross III SR DT Notre Dame

Marist Liufau RS JR ILB Notre Dame

Audric Estime SOPH RB Notre Dame

Adam Bock RS JR ILB South Dakota State

Fabien Lovett RS JR DT Florida State

Caleb Sanders SR DT South Dakota State

Nikko Remigio SR WR Fresno State

Desmond Watson SOPH NT Florida

Dorian Singer SOPH WR Arizona

Jazston Turnetine RS SR OT Florida State

Keon Coleman SOPH WR Michigan State

Trevor Keegan RS JR OT/OG Michigan

Broderick Jones RS SOPH OT Georgia

Johnny Wilson RS SOPH WR Florida State 

Hunter Echols RS SR OLB Arizona

Trey Knox RS SR TE Arkansas

Ladd McConkey RS SOPH WR Georgia

Kenny McIntosh SR RB Georgia

Jaray Jenkins RS SR WR LSU

Jonah Savaiinaea FR OG Arizona

Jayden de Laura RS SOPH QB Arizona

Jaelyn Duncan RS SR OT Maryland

Pierce Quick RS SOPH OG Georgia Tech

Disappointed:

Noah Sewell RS SOPH ILB Oregon

DJ Uiagalelei Clemson JR QB

Myles Murphy Clemson JR DE

Edited by Ozzy

Jared Verse RS SOPH DE Florida State, if this guy keeps this level of play up, he is a 1st round pick this year.  Granted it could be just bad LSU OL play, will see how Verse does the rest of the year but one hell of a start.  He made Campbell the freshman look ridiculous on one play in terms of the leverage needed to even try and stop him, it is not included in this highlight here.  Verse has such great quickness and power in his hands, can get off the block so well and plays much bigger than 248, seems more like 270 with speed.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jared Verse RS SOPH DE Florida State, if this guy keeps this level of play up, he is a 1st round pick this year.  Granted it could be just bad LSU OL play, will see how Verse does the rest of the year but one hell of a start.  He made Campbell the freshman look ridiculous on one play in terms of the leverage needed to even try and stop him, it is not included in this highlight here.  Verse has such great quickness and power in his hands, can get off the block so well and plays much bigger than 248, seems more like 270 with speed.  

It’s interesting to see his rise after playing at Albany (where he was dominant).

Week 2:

*Will Levis Kentucky RS SR QB:  Played very well, always been impressed by him physically but he made some very accurate throws in that game and has a big time arm as well.  Continues this play he could easily become a 1st round pick and possibly would be selected of DJ on Clemson if he declares early.  Levis is a really interesting talent with that size and arm.

*Xavier Worthy Texas SOPH WR:  Loved him last year, super deep threat and one of the best in the nation.  Very light but with that type of speed who cares, he can change games and is tough for his size.

*Quinn Ewers Texas RS FR QB:  Clear talent with a great throwing arm and can make throw from a variety of platforms.  Will be an outstanding QB and my bet is Arch transfers, why go to Texas because Ewers will probably be the starter next year as well if he stays healthy.

*Donovan Smith RS SOPH QB Texas Tech:  Love him physically, so tall and lean, great athlete and if he can refine his passing he could be an interesting talent.  He should be the starter from now on, even when Shough comes back which is too bad for him being a RS SR.  

*Deone Walker FR DT Kentucky:  Only flashed a bit but looks like a potential super star DT, huge kid at 6-6 330 and has a big time motor.  If he plays with that much energy and passion consistently he could be an total big time prospect.

*Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS SR OLB:  Loved the intensity he brought on the edge, really tough physical player have a great year so far for Florida.

*Ryan Watts Texas JR CB/S:  Liked him last year on Ohio State but it is very impressed he is playing CB now on Texas.  I thought he was a safety but if he has corner skills and can still do safety he could be a really interesting player.  Tough kid and could be a star DB, great game by him.  

*Chau Smith-Wade Washington St RS SOPH CB:  Love the game he played, so confident and has great ball skills and anticipation at corner.  Keeps that up he is a next level prospect no question who could play in the slot or on the outside, love the attitude he played with.

*Jordan Wright Kentucky RS SR OLB:  Showed great athletic ability on the edge and is increasing his draft stock no question, made some impressive plays on the very talented and athletic Anthony Richardson.

Others who impressed:

Cedric Tillman Tennessee SR WR

Mario Williams USC SOPH WR

Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota RS SR TE

Gervon Dexter Florida JR DT

Daniel Trejo Texas SR P 

Israel Abanikanda JR RB Pitt

Gavin Bartholomew SOPH TE Pitt

Steven Gilmore Marshall SR CB

MJ Devonshire Pitt RS JR CB

Terrion Arnold Alabama RS FR CB

DeMarvion Overshown Texas RS SR OLB

Quadric Bullard UCF JR S 

Ryan Swoboda RS SR OT UCF

Tiyon Evans JR RB Louisville

Dane Key FR WR Kentucky

Montrell Johnson Jr SOPH RB Florida

Keidron Smith RS SR CB Kentucky

Donovan Edwards SOPH RB Michigan

Ricky Barber RS JR DT UCF

Benjamin Yurosek JR TE Stanford

EJ Smith JR RB Stanford

Jordan Addison Pitt JR WR

Disappointed

Anthony Richardson Florida RS SOPH QB - No clue what that was, such a roller coaster from last week, made some obviously very bad throws in that game, Utah had no LB play so he could run all over them, UK no the same, super experienced and big linebackers who could standup to Richardson, and take away that run game and he struggled passing.  Still super talented but and odd up and down, then again everyone is upset when he does not run 40 yards for a TD or throw a 50 yard TD for a touchdown so he has some expectations to live up to.  Good learning experience and will see if he can still do the small things to win the game and be patient.  

Note:

Was odd Will Anderson Jr had so many penalties in that game, what was it 3-4 times he was off sides?  That is nuts but he did come back strong in the 2nd half after having I think 3 of them in the 1st half.  And did get that big sack late, will be interesting to watch him the rest of the year, if he can play controlled and still be effective as a rusher when teams are just passing short passes all game long against them which I am sure they will.  Tons of passes to the RB much like Georgia is doing right now which is what they did to Michigan last year in the Playoff.  Maybe just put Will Anderson Jr out on the edge in coverage from time to time, might have to be done.