2023 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking 259 picks:

Ozzy

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yep. But I’m still taking him #1 overall unless I’m QB-famished. 

True, he is the clear cut #1 overall pick and not sure anyone is really close to him.  Not sure Bryce of CJ are better than him in terms of their QB ability because CJ plays in a great system which helps him look great, and Bryce is very small for the position but still both could be solid pros, just Will Anderson could be an all time great edge rusher in the NFL with his work ethic and talent.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

True, he is the clear cut #1 overall pick and not sure anyone is really close to him.  Not sure Bryce of CJ are better than him in terms of their QB ability because CJ plays in a great system which helps him look great, and Bryce is very small for the position but still both could be solid pros, just Will Anderson could be an all time great edge rusher in the NFL with his work ethic and talent.  

Yeah I am pretty high on Stroud and Young, but Anderson is one of those safe bets that is just gonna dominate in the big leagues. It really depends on what you need. It’s an A+ prospect at the 2nd most important position in football or an A- prospect at the most important position in football.

Teams with even a solid QB will probably go Anderson, but usually solid QB teams aren’t picking 1. 

13 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah I am pretty high on Stroud and Young, but Anderson is one of those safe bets that is just gonna dominate in the big leagues. It really depends on what you need. It’s an A+ prospect at the 2nd most important position in football or an A- prospect at the most important position in football.

Teams with even a solid QB will probably go Anderson, but usually solid QB teams aren’t picking 1. 

Honestly who needs a QB in the NFL.  Detroit for developmental long term, Texans I assume, Giants and probably Seattle developmental long term.  Not a ton of QB openings to be honest, and Jimmy G will be out there as well hanging around and obviously Goff is not going to disappear and neither will Daniel Jones etc.  So there are honestly not a lot of QB openings unless a lot of guys retire and or get hurt.

To me Bryce Young and Stroud are not Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning type of QB prospects.  Oddly enough obviously Trevor has disappointed a bit so far in the NFL after coming in as such a great prospect but he is still young.  Will Anderson Jr is probably as good as a edge rusher as anyone, Julius Peppers I would maybe give the nod over him because he is physically a lot thicker and super athletic but I would say Will Anderson Jr is right there with Jadeveon Clowney, Chase Young, Joey Bosa and Nick Boas, Mario Williams etc  Assuming he continues to play well and doubt he will be going off sides much more this season but will see.  He will have to make an impact in other ways because teams are going to throw quick outs and to the RBs constantly against him.  

11 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Honestly who needs a QB in the NFL.  Detroit for developmental long term, Texans I assume, Giants and probably Seattle developmental long term. 

Changes every year though too. If Wentz fails, Washington. Maybe Pederson doesn't like Lawrence and wants a shot at his guy. What if Matt Ryan retires/fails? Falcons would take one of the top 2 over Ridder I would think. What if Lamar is traded? The Titans getting a top pick would probably have them consider it. Carolina? If Rodgers retires and they don't believe in Love? Tampa Tom retires?

I feel like that's a lot of scenarios that could have a shot at playing out no matter how long some are. 

Week 3:

*Michael Penix Jr Washington RS JR QB:  Dude was throwing flames out there, what a game and what a combo with Penix back with his old OC on Indiana.  Dude looked legit and dominated that football game, was on target and showed a lot of upside and potential throwing the football.  Hopefully he can stay healthy, in a few games he will have more yards in just 5 games than he ever has in any season in his career, over 1000+ yards and 10 TDs in 3 games?  Playing as good as any QB in the nation right now.

*Nicholas Singleton Penn State FR RB:  Big time talent part of an up start Penn State rush attack.  I have to watch more of him but he has some wheels and strong thick legs.  Really interesting talent especially considering last year they were so bad at running the ball, well not anymore with Singleton.

*Johnny Wilson Florida State RS SOPH WR:  Amazing WR talent, so effortless and at his size with his mobility and route running, he is almost unstoppable, at least was late in this game.  Really interesting talent, was super productive even with a backup QB in their, is one to watch for sure, has taken his game to the next level, I noticed him on ASU but he looks like an elite player on FSU.  

*YaYa Diaby Louisville SR DE:  The few times I have watched him this year I have been really impressed with how active he has been.  Very athletic rusher with great size for the position and is a natural athlete.  Up and coming pass rushing prospect no question and could be one of the better ones come draft time no doubt.  

*Robert Scott Jr Florida State RS SOPH OT:  I need to  watch him more but kid looks like he can play.  Good feet, pulls well and has a solid base.  Got hurt in the game which is too bad, hopefully he can come back healthy, he is one of the best young OL in the nation.  

*Yasir Abdullah Louisville RS SR OLB:  Interesting talent on the edge, really slippery in the pass rush, versatile player that can move around and get pressure and make plays.  Could be a great mid round pickup for any 3/4 D, need to watch more of him though.  

*Charlie Jones Purdue RS SR WR:  Liked him earlier this year and kid is a stud, with his old high school teammate O'Connell and he is playing great.  Showing good open field speed, solid route runner, quick in and out of his breaks.  His stock is skyrocketing and he could easily be a mid round draft pick with his playing being so impressive this year.  

*Payne Durham Purdue RS SR TE:  I think the kid has big time ability, really nice natural pass catcher and has good size and mobility for the position.  Interesting TE talent and is one of the better ones out there potentially especially as a pass catcher.

*DJ Ivey Miami FL RS SR CB:  Love his size at corner, has been around for awhile but hard to argue with that length and athletic ability.  Made a few good plays on the football in that game, is one to watch and one of the better corners in the nation potentially.

*Aidan O'Connell Purdue SR QB:  Dude can throw the rock, very good timing on his passes for sure.  It is a loaded QB class with so many 5th and 6th year QBs but O'Connell could have a shot in the NFL as a late round pick or UDFA.  Like the timing he plays with and how aggressive and accurate he is. 

Others who impressed:

Bo Nix Oregon SR QB

Mohamed Ibrahim Minnesota RS SR RB

Brenton Strange Penn State RS JR TE

Jayson Ademiola Notre Dame RS SR DT

Joe Alt Notre Dame SOPH OT

Isaiah Foskey Notre Dame RS JR DE

Olumuyiwa Fashanu Penn State RS SOPH OT

Desmond Watson Florida SOPH NT

James Williams Miami FL SOPH S 

Brevyn Spann-Ford Minnesota RS SR TE

Aireontae Ersery Minnesota RS SOPH OT 

Malik Cunningham Louisville RS SR QB

Jazston Turnetine Florida State RS SR OT

Disappointed:

Jarvis Brownlee Jr Louisville RS SOPH CB - I expected more out of him on Louisville, not sure he is even a starter on the team honestly.  Looked like a potential stud on FSU but still adjusting maybe and does look a little on the thin side, good thing he is only a RS SOPH, will have more time to develop and should not come out for the draft this year.  

Spencer Rattler South Carolina RS JR - Did not play well at all against Georgia, looked decent the previous weeks but still needs some work, but lucky for him he is a RS JR and has this year and next potentially.  Kid can still sling the football though just is a footwork and processing issue possibly.

Notes:

Nick Brahms Auburn RS SR C - retired from the game due to injuries, I did not know that, too bad he could have been a mid level draft pick and was a quality center.

Jared Verse Florida State RS SOPH DE -  He did not really disappoint, was so so when in there but sucks he got hurt, a teammate fell on his leg and possibly hurt his ankle and or knee joint.  Stinks because he had such a good week 1 against LSU, hopefully he can come back strong and does not miss much time, was one of three massive injuries for FSU in that game to their best players.  

On 9/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, Scoundrel said:

Been watching some YaYa and agree with your take.

No Brock Bowers on your list though!?

Brock Bowers is already a proven commodity so not need to mention him, but obviously he is ridiculously talented.

Is surprising that Georgia defense has only 1 sack in three games, that could be an issue when the schedule gets tougher but they have a clear loss in talent especially in that front 7.  But the secondary is arguably better and more sound than last year especially with Starks.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:55 PM, Ozzy said:

Oddly enough obviously Trevor has disappointed a bit so far in the NFL after coming in as such a great prospect but he is still young. 

He's been great this year.   Clearly urban and the coaching staff was the problem and a year in the NFL experience.  Also giving him a nice wr(Kirk is playing like a top 10 wr statistically wide and might even be a bargain on his contract if everything stays the course. 

• 2 weeks later...

Week 4 and 5:

*BJ Ojulari LSU JR OLB:  Stud outside rusher, brought him up before but he is easily one of the elite 3/4 edge rushers in terms of his quickness and ability to get outside pressure.  Very athletic and skilled 3/4 OLB should be a 1st round pick. 

*John Ojukwu Boise State RS SR OT:  Love his size and he can really move people, could be a OT or a OG.  I think he could be a drafted OL no question and be in the middle round range, very impressive physical lineman with great size for the position.  

*Blake Miller Clemson FR OT:  Potential super star player, really elite this early in his career and has some great toughness about him, could be a star down the road.  

*Hunter Reynolds Utah State RS SR S:  I like him a lot at safety, really closer in and tackled well.  Tackled with good form and aggression, seems to have good range as well, could be a really interesting mid to late round safety come draft time.  

*Jahmyr Gibbs Alabama JR RB:  Has been disappointing most of this season I thought, but showed big time game breaking skills against Arkansas.  Possibly with Young out they will feature him more and if he breaks out big runs like that, well honestly that is more in line of what is expected from him.  

*Anthony Richardson Florida RS SOPH QB:  Played great against Tennessee on the road, made some very hard throws and despite not being super effective running in that game he was really effective as a passer.  Considering what he has looked like at times this season, this game was a positive for him no question even if a loss.  

*Bryce Foster Texas A&M SOPH:  Interesting talent no question and could be one of the best centers in the nation.  Tough kid, moves well and is built solid, one of the keys to that A&M offense no doubt about it.  

*CJ Stroud Ohio State RS SOPH QB:  Very poised and is doing very well despite not always having his best weapons or his best game.  I like the poise he shows in the pocket and willingness to take the check down and not always the deep pass.  Helps having that dominating run game though for sure.  

*Seth McLaughlin Alabama JR C  :  I think he needs to start for Bama from here on, is much better than Dalcourt I feel, is far more athletic and mobile and they seem to run the ball better with McLaughlin in there at center and they had some massive runs in that game because of it potentially.  

*Cade Stover Ohio State RS JR TE:  Awesome game against Wisconsin, really ripped them up and is an interesting TE prospect.  Might need another season though to work on his game but I like his toughness and his athletic ability, still pretty raw despite being a RS JR has not seen a ton of playing time.  

*Taylen Green Boise State RS FR QB:  Love him athletically, so long and lean, very good runner and they will have one heck of a run game with him at QB.  No wonder Hank transferred out.  Taylen is talented and will be very interesting to watch develop.  

Others who impressed:

Isaiah Moore NC State RS SR ILB

Devon Achane Texas A&M JR RB

John Lee Eldridge III Air Force RS SOPH RB

Chris Braswell Alabama JR OLB

Julian Fleming Ohio State JR WR

Danny Striggow Minnesota RS SOPH DE

Tavius Robinson Ole Miss SR DE 

Quinn Carroll Minnesota RS JR OG

Nick Kallerup Minnesota RS JR TE

Disappointed:

Jayden Reed Michigan State SR WR - Hard to not be disappointed in him, showed such toughness and big play ability last year, not doing that so far this season but that entire Michigan State team has been disappointing.  Way overachieved last year though obviously, I thought Reed had maybe 1st round ability but not anymore.  

Jermaine Burton Alabama JR WR - Has not been great for them, they really need a big play WR and he has not been it.  Still very skilled but would be wise to come back for another season and improve some more.  

I was not able to watch a ton of games the past two weekends but did catch a few.  

Week 6:

*Quentin Johnston TCU JR WR:  Disappointing season so far but was absolutely outstanding in that game.  Totally put him back in the conversation for being a 1st round pick, amazing athlete and great quickness for his size and his big play ability is as good as it gets.

*Raiqwon O'Neal UCLA RS SR OT:  Really need to watch him more, dude can really wall off defenders and is easily one of the best SR OT prospects in the up coming draft, really nice looking talent.

*Jaheim Oatis Alabama FR NT:  Dude is going to be a potential star, so big and moves so well, always was in on the play or in on the tackle it seemed.  Really interesting talent and should only get better with time.

*Caleb Etienne Oklahoma State RS JR OT:  Need to watch him more but is a super looking athlete, really interesting talent and could come out for the draft and easily be one of the top OT prospects, really good looking player.

*Zach Charbonnet UCLA SR RB:  Was good last year but he has been great this year, big back with big play ability.  Runs with power and speed having a great season for UCLA.

*Travis Vokolek Nebraska RS SR TE:  Wish the kid would stay healthy but he is super athletic and impressive when he is out there.  Long strider with a big catch radius and is very athletic in the open field, should be an interesting TE prospect come draft time.

*Garrett Nelson Nebraska RS JR DE:  Another outstanding game by him, had high expectations for him coming into the year and he is showing he is one of the best edge rushers in the nation no question, plays with a super high motor and has been greatly productive the past few games.  

*Xavier Thomas Clemson SR DE:  Not sure if he has been hurt or what this year but really looked good against BC.  Got after the passer and flashed that athletic ability, hopefully he can stay healthy and keep up that level of production.

*Max Duggan TCU SR QB:  Add another QB to the insanely deep QB group for the potential 2023 draft.  Tough kid always has been but has been a much better passer this season.  His athletic ability and toughness combined with his ability to make plays outside of the pocket, I could see him getting drafted in the later rounds maybe even in a super deep QB group.

*Tommy Eichenberg  Ohio State SR ILB:  Have to watch him more but dude has been making a ton of plays for them on D.  Very active and has been reading plays much better than he did before, will see how he does as the season goes on but could be one of the best ILB in the nation potentially and in the up coming draft.

Others who impressed:

Kody Epps BYU FR WR

Tyler Steen Alabama RS SR OT

Evan Stewart Texas A&M FR WR

Moose Muhammad III Texas A&M SOPH WR

Nick Broeker Ole Miss SR OG

Micah Pettus Ole Miss RS FR OT

Atonio Mafi UCLA RS SR OG

Emil Ekiyor Jr Alabama RS SR OG

Jake Bobo UCLA RS SR WR

Michael Ezeike UCLA SR TE

Jahmyr Gibbs Alabama JR RB

Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss SR WR

Michael Hall Jr Ohio State RS FR DT

Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M RS SOPH ILB

Deontae Lawson Alabama FR ILB

Audric Estime Notre Dame SOPH RB

Fadil Diggs Texas A&M RS SOPH DE

Hendon Hooker Tennessee RS SR QB

Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA RS SR QB

Patrick Paul Houston RS SOPH OT

Caden Prieskorn Memphis RS JR TE

Kelvin Banks Jr. Texas FR OT

Kendre Miller TCU JR RB

Brandon Coleman TCU RS JR OT/OG

Mike Morris Michigan DE RS JR

Olusegun Oluwatimi Michigan SR C

Junior Colson Michigan RS FR ILB

Luke Grimm Kansas JR WR

AT Perry Wake Forest RS JR WR

So far 1st round wise depending where we are drafting for the Falcons my guys i would prefer to us in order would be Will Anderson easily 1st,  jalen Carter 2nd  CJ Stroud 3rd Peter Sorkonski 4th and then it's a toss up for the #5 pick between a few guys i have similar and i throw Young in there with that group as well.   But i don't think i personally take young in the top 5 if we draft there which im not sure that we will.  Stroud i give strong consideration to there if the imo elite guys of Anderson and Carter are gone.