Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Power. I think the Raiders will need upgrades on the OL. Miller is huge though for all those tosses and screens he runs.

FB is being used very frequently.

If the Raiders can find upgrades on the OL there his offense can be humming though and the running game takes the pressure off Carr. Don't be surprised by an OL heavy draft for this.

Tyler Linderbaum is a finalist for the Lombardi Award.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

that's more him describing the difference between rich and Gruden. It's not one of those things that can be taken out of contacts to mean that Josh Jacobs can't stand being yelled at. I would be an over exaggeration of the quote

"We didn't have Gruden grinding us late in the year," the player told Michael Silver of Bally Sports. "Gruden would kill us, and we would fall apart. The reason this team played so well down the stretch is that Rich listened to the players and took it easy over the back half of the season."

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Another thing I just thought about - who are we getting on SNF at home to open the season this time? Patriots, Colts and Broncos all in play here.

Would have been guaranteed 9ers in Vegas if it was Harbaugh. Quite a few more options available for the McDaniels link!

If I was a betting man, I'd say the Broncos if Rodgers is there. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was the Patriots.

A NE posted brought up a good point. McDaniels came in and traded Cutler away right away which alienated him and created a huge rift in the team. Some players were very upfront with their hate for him and that caused a ton of internal issues for Denver.

I hope the players man up and don't get all butt hurt about Rich B being gone.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A NE posted brought up a good point. McDaniels came in and traded Cutler away right away which alienated him and created a huge rift in the team. Some players were very upfront with their hate for him and that caused a ton of internal issues for Denver.

Read that too and when you bring in a new culture there are going to be those that want what they are used to. We may see some fan favorites either have to adjust or be shipped out. Jacobs could be one, but I don't see the others having any issues. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can see the same thing happening here if for whatever reason Carr doesn't gel and wants out. (Which I think is unlikely as long as Mcdaniels is committed to winning and improving on the roster)