Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think this will be a good hire. There will be some continuity between Gruden/Olsen's scheme and McDaniels. This likely means Carr is extended, which will save a lot of money in the short term. I would suspect that Jakobi Meyers becomes a target in FA. My biggest worry is the draft. It seems that McDaniels will be the de jure GM. GM-coaches typically don't go well.

I don't really agree here. Kyle brought lynch with him to San fran. Kyle doesn't really do all the gm duties. They are a team and he lets lynch do his thing. Having a gm you trust isn't the same as trying to have one you can run over. I think this pairing will work fine. Also like that we interviewed and announced the gm hiring before the Josh. Shows they trying to have a true structure. Even though it was a package deal. 

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

@SimonGruber said in the other Hc thread:
”If the 2TE offense was pitched man I’ve been wanting that for a while lol. Ideally for me I would love a Evan Engram type to compliment Waller. Moreau will do but I’m not sure”

I’d really like us to bring in a pass catching TE3.  The Pats signed both Jonnu Smith last year and drafted Devin Asiasi in round 3 in 2020.  There both of the same build, style of TE.

I agree with us going after Engram.  I have always liked his game, he has been in a terrible O scheme, bad QB play and he's had to deal with multiple injuries.  He's still in his prime at 27 and a very good receiving threat. Engram and Waller would be fantastic!

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What Josh did with rookie Mac Jones was very impressive. I too think he'll stick with Carr but the Pats have always churned out QBs. Brady of course, but even the likes of Cassel, Jimmy G, Brissett, Hoyer, etc. 

I wonder how much Josh had to do with their progression. 

Jimmy G was the highest drafted guy of that group. But I do think that they take a young guy at some point either in the 3rd or 4th. 

His QB was Kyle Orton early in DEN and I think Carr’s a better version of him so I can see them sticking with Carr. As far as contracts go, we’ll see how much Carr wants to win a super Bowl and how much he wants to be with the Raiders. If I’m JM I’m breaking out my Super Bowl rings and telling him how I won them with my QB playing on a discount. I know on the open market Carr can make 35-40 mill easy but those will be with bottom tier teams with no talent. He’s always talked about how he’s already been paid now he wants to just win. Well my guy let’s see you put your money where your mouth is!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with us going after Engram.  I have always liked his game, he has been in a terrible O scheme, bad QB play and he's had to deal with multiple injuries.  He's still in his prime at 27 and a very good receiving threat. Engram and Waller would be fantastic!

Engram is drop city.. hard pass.. not wasting resources in TE when we have 2 capable ones. give me Wr 

engram aint it

• Like 1

Just now, roi34 said:

Engram is drop city.. hard pass.. not wasting resources in TE when we have 2 capable ones. give me Wr 

engram aint it

Agreed. He a mess. Also they going have to get waller going on those blocking drills. He becomes a slightly better blocker the two tightend sets will be nasty.