Week 9 GDT - Saints vs Bucs - 1pm EST on Fox

Dome

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

People are giving the Bucs no chance in this game.  

Ugh..I hate that.

People gave the Bears or Packers no chance and everyone thought they were trap games, yet we still won. We will continue to think every game is a trap game until we lose, it's how winning streaks work lol. The outside noise has no effect on the outcome, I don't care if people think we're 40 point favorites or 40 point underdogs, if we go out and play our game we'll win and if we don't we'll lose, simple. 

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

People gave the Bears or Packers no chance and everyone thought they were trap games, yet we still won. We will continue to think every game is a trap game until we lose, it's how winning streaks work lol. The outside noise has no effect on the outcome, I don't care if people think we're 40 point favorites or 40 point underdogs, if we go out and play our game we'll win and if we don't we'll lose, simple. 

Well sure

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The outside noise has no effect on the outcome, I don't care if people think we're 40 point favorites or 40 point underdogs, if we go out and play our game we'll win and if we don't we'll lose, simple. 

You don’t think players can get distracted by outside noise?

I heard a rumor that the Buccs have been practicing getting a boot lodged up their arses all week. I hope these aren't just rumors.

I'd like to see a solid win with no injuries, of course. It sounds like the Buccs D-line is pretty weak, so if we can keep Brees clean, and get a decent run push, I think we've got this. Our defense will hold their own.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

That's not my quote, but yes, I do think they can get distracted by outside noise.  Also, Tampa Bay being the underdog and a division rival, will likely come out like it's their superbowl, especially after being hated on all week.

But I agree with him that if we are for real this year, we gotta beat bad teams at home.  And if his point was more talking about the superstitious aspect of it, then no, I don't believe in superstition.

I'd like to see a dominant 1st half, and a shaky 2nd half, with a strong end to the 4th quarter... kinda like the Lions game.

I know, it sounds weird, but I think it will cause our guys to focus hard and study film in a big way to prepare for the Bills game. We need a great game to beat the Bills, and the Bills just lost a game they shouldn't have. I'm actually bummed the Bills played the way they did the week before we play them. They've got a long week to prepare, and they're going to be playing pissed with rested bodies.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

No that wasn't my point, what I meant was the outside noise has no effect on how good we are as a team vs how good the Bucs are as a team, and it's why if we play our game we should beat them. They CAN get overly cocky or confident and let it effect them, but they SHOULDN'T if they truly want to be a good team and beat the teams they're supposed to be. 

Division game against a desperate team... sounds like a trap game to me. I could see us losing this. We've played very sloppy the past few weeks. Let's hope that doesn't continue and we can get the W. 

13 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Division game against a desperate team... sounds like a trap game to me. I could see us losing this. We've played very sloppy the past few weeks. Let's hope that doesn't continue and we can get the W. 

The key to this game to me will be...

Saints have given up fewest sacks in NFL while the Bucs have the fewest sacks. If this trend continies and Bucs get zero pressure in this dome... Saints will roll.

Archived