Week 9 GDT - Saints vs Bucs - 1pm EST on Fox

Dome

17 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Im not niave to not understand how the players union works but whats funny to me is that its the same union in place to protect Lattimore so what have they said on his behalf... NOTHING because Lattimore isnt facing a loss of wages. Even more so disturbing is the fact that if Lattimore was injured do you really think the players union would have gone after Evans? No they STILL would have defended Evans. 

Look i get thats how this system works but I still find it funny at the unions approach to things and how the only players that appear to consistently get defended is the ones that arguably dont deserve it.

A very interesting angle I haven't thought of, and so true. They don't give a damn about other issues, just about the money/playing time.

What a joke.

Blind side hit (that could have really hurt someone) - "that was a cheap shot"
Suspension for said blind side hit - "we'll fight this so we have leverage in the future. Maybe you'll get to play another week until the appeal is overruled"

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

A very interesting angle I haven't thought of, and so true. They don't give a damn about other issues, just about the money/playing time.

What a joke.

Blind side hit (that could have really hurt someone) - "that was a cheap shot"
Suspension for said blind side hit - "we'll fight this so we have leverage in the future. Maybe you'll get to play another week until the appeal is overruled"

Exactly... Just wanted to point that out.

Yeah, I'm all about the NFLPA fighting Goodell for the things like Deflate gate, Zek's suspension, Bounty Gate etc... you know, the things that are basically speculation, but Goodell gets to hang people just because he can. THAT is what they should be appealing, not a blatant, on film, dangerous as crap obvious violation.

Personally, I think it should be a 2 game since he wasn't ejected from this game.

4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, I'm all about the NFLPA fighting Goodell for the things like Deflate gate, Zek's suspension, Bounty Gate etc... you know, the things that are basically speculation, but Goodell gets to hang people just because he can. THAT is what they should be appealing, not a blatant, on film, dangerous as crap obvious violation.

Personally, I think it should be a 2 game since he wasn't ejected from this game.

I think he only got suspended because the refs blew it and didnt eject him. AJ Greean and J Ramsey didnt get suspended but were ejected. This is the league office righting a wrong here.

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think he only got suspended because the refs blew it and didnt eject him. AJ Greean and J Ramsey didnt get suspended but were ejected. This is the league office righting a wrong here.

Yeah, I think it's stupid that they somehow think an ejection = suspension, or at least that's how it seems at this point.

You still get paid for an ejection, so to me, it should be ejection + the following game for a 1st offense. I'd probably even go so far as to say they're not allowed in the facilities until the end of their next game. Let them watch it from a bar somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yeah, I think it's stupid that they somehow think an ejection = suspension, or at least that's how it seems at this point.

You still get paid for an ejection, so to me, it should be ejection + the following game for a 1st offense. I'd probably even go so far as to say they're not allowed in the facilities until the end of their next game. Let them watch it from a bar somewhere.

Agreed

13 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Peat was downright dominant this week.

Heres another reason PFF should NEVER be taken as the end all be all...

They just came out with a "team needs" list based on their grading, they have the Saints in need of a guard because according to them Peat hasnt handled the transition form tackle to gaurd well and that Warford has been up and down.

Peat has played like a pro bowl player especially at LG and Warford has been a mauler when he was in the lineup. 

PFF grades on O-lineman is pure trash!

I know some of this is due to Brees being smart, and chucking balls into the dirt rather than taking a sack, but the Saints have only allowed 8 sacks this season (next closest team has 10). 

Saints are averaging 4.3 yards per carry (8th in the league)
Despite the "balls in the dirt" reference noted above, the Saints are 71.6 % on completions (#1 in the league)
Same as above, the Saints passer rating is 105 (#3 in the league (#1is Chiefs - #2 Patriots))
We're 6th in points per game, with the Eagles having an extra game on us at this point, otherwise the top 6 have all played 8 games.

So, we may not have the BEST line, but we're far from the worst. 

15 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I know some of this is due to Brees being smart, and chucking balls into the dirt rather than taking a sack, but the Saints have only allowed 8 sacks this season (next closest team has 10). 

Saints are averaging 4.3 yards per carry (8th in the league)
Despite the "balls in the dirt" reference noted above, the Saints are 71.6 % on completions (#1 in the league)
Same as above, the Saints passer rating is 105 (#3 in the league (#1is Chiefs - #2 Patriots))
We're 6th in points per game, with the Eagles having an extra game on us at this point, otherwise the top 6 have all played 8 games.

So, we may not have the BEST line, but we're far from the worst. 

Our line has also been ravaged by injuries this season as well... Constant shuffling and players in and out of the lineup.

Fully healthy this is one of the best O-Lines in the NFL.

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Fully healthy this is one of the best O-Lines in the NFL.

I think my argument is; half broken, this is one of the best lines in the NFL. I know this could have a lot to do with Brees, and two talented backs, but they're still at the top of the charts in most categories. It's a good thing that can only get better.

I've thought our line has been underrated lately as I rarely see it listed among the top lines in the NFL.  It's been doing a great job despite being banged up, but I wouldn't call it one of the best with Armstead out.  As has been constantly pointed out, Brees throws balls into the dirt, and gets the ball out extremely quickly otherwise.

I could be wrong as I'm not gonna lie, I don't pay close attention to everyone else's o-line's.

Archived