2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

20 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Bengals are an anomaly. No mater how much they get pressured or how many times they are sacked, their offenses still scores. If this is your one and sole factor, you should add more. 

Elite QB/WR connections can trump bad O-Lines, like Eli w/ Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham in 2011. Then again the supposed lesson from last year is that elite QBs like Mahomes are nothing without passable O-Lines? Lmao

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Joe Drip Too Hard Burrow

has a passer rating of 96.2 with 842 yards, 4 touchdowns 7.7 YPA, and 2 INT, 68% completion and sacked 12 times. 

Matthew Fred Warner Tried To Kill Me Stafford

has a passer rating of 115.6 with 905 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception, 72% completion, 9.1 YPA and sacked 5 Times. 

Don't feel like looking it up, but I know both Tampa and SF had top 10 defenses. AZ not too far behind.

Much more difficult than what Burrow has played, AND has better numbers too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Don't feel like looking it up, but I know both Tampa and SF had top 10 defenses. AZ not too far behind.

Much more difficult than what Burrow has played, AND has better numbers too.

Difficult sure. But what Burrow has done at this young age coming off a ACL injury is still impressive. Only real defense he played was TN and he looked ok. But even that Ok was more than enough, to get sacked 9 times(5-6 of those sacks where on him doing too much) and not get rattled was super impressive. I just think the rams D is next level and will confuse the young Jedi.. This is Donald’s ring! Wait your turn young gun… Let the old ones have this one baby 😘 

His poise is just scary good.. Not sure how but he’s like a serial killer out there. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Bengals win by one score, will they be the first team ever to win all four playoff games by one score? Possibly all by 3 points or less. 

Burrow deserves a 30 for 30 if they win it all. Whole team, actually. 

Honestly he can probably get a movie deal for Home Alone 7 too (yes there are 6 Home Alone movies).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

You know what’s super weird?

Both starting TE’s for each team, Uzomah and Higbee, both sprained their MCL’s last week and will likely miss the game. What are the odds of that?

I think that will slightly work out better for Cincy. 

realistically this game won't come down to line play or secondary's vs WR's.  it's going to be about turnovers, like every other game.  which QB protects the ball better?  the bengals are in this game bc the last 3 QB's they played threw the ball to them.  will stafford do the same?  or will burrow throw it to the Rams?  or will we get a wild fumble or something of the like?

Looks like Rams were +2 on the season, and Bengals even.  i want to say the Bengals were negative through the first half of the season, and very positive through the second half (figuring into the run to close to the season).  not sure how the Rams did in the 2nd half of the season, and i'm sure they're positive in the postseason without looking it up (otherwise they'd have lost by now).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

realistically this game won't come down to line play or secondary's vs WR's.  it's going to be about turnovers, like every other game.  which QB protects the ball better?  the bengals are in this game bc the last 3 QB's they played threw the ball to them.  will stafford do the same?  or will burrow throw it to the Rams?  or will we get a wild fumble or something of the like?

Looks like Rams were +2 on the season, and Bengals even.  i want to say the Bengals were negative through the first half of the season, and very positive through the second half (figuring into the run to close to the season).  not sure how the Rams did in the 2nd half of the season, and i'm sure they're positive in the postseason without looking it up (otherwise they'd have lost by now).

Actually it's close, with the 4 fumbles @Tampa we might be negative.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

Burrow is due for a bad game.. Let’s make it happen daddy. 

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

I actually agree with you. The Rams are a little more talented than the Bengals on paper, for sure. But the Rams seem way more prone to turnovers, especially in big games. I also think the Bengals have the better coaching (close), and better gameplans/halftime adjustments (not close imo). 

I think the Bengals will win of the narrowest of margins, probably because they 1) Won the turnover battle by one and 2) Better gameplan/adjustments throughout the game. 

As stated earlier, 28-27 Bengals. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think you’re bang on. Burrow has been excellent with the ball lately. His only miscue really was last week. 

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

Stafford loves his arm punts. He's probably going to give you one or two good chances at picks. But if Von, Leonard, and Donald are feeling it, Burrow is going to have to be careful with fumbles.

EDIT: I also noticed how slippery Burrow is in the pocket. He's hard to sack. But he'll have to be careful. Aaron Donald is freakishly good at wrangling elusive QBs (thank you, Russ). And if you try too hard to make a play, he'll force turnovers (thank you, Jimmy).

Edited by jrry32