2021 Super Bowl GDT Thread: (4) Rams vs (4) Bengals

NYRaider

Winner?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Rams
    • Bengals

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

I think the Bengals need to come out in spread offense. Take Von off the field, he’s not gonna cover nobody. That way you only have 99 to worry about 

That's not how our scheme works. If they come out in a spread, A'Shawn Robinson departs the field. We play a 2-4-5. Von and Floyd line up as DEs (basically) with Donald and Gaines inside.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's not how our scheme works. If they come out in a spread, A'Shawn Robinson departs the field. We play a 2-4-5. Von and Floyd line up as DEs (basically) with Donald and Gaines inside.

Not to mention has used Von in coverage on occasions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Ah that makes sense. I thought about that after I posted. Regardless I think you see us line up in a base formation then motion everyone to spread, try to catch the Rams in some unfavorable personnel packages. 

With the giant snowstorm heading to cinci this week, I wonder how that effects their practice.

I think to count cinci out based on the oline weakness isn't the best idea. They will need to be creative and mix things up, but they've managed to get past some high end dlines in the past. They just continue to find a way. The defense has been lights out the last half of the year, I think they will give the offense opportunities. Both teams have lost games they shouldn't have. This is a hard game to pick and should be close to the end. 

Big Mixon fan too, he can work miracles behind trash olines

14 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Ah that makes sense. I thought about that after I posted. Regardless I think you see us line up in a base formation then motion everyone to spread, try to catch the Rams in some unfavorable personnel packages. 

We match based on personnel on the field, not formation.

I'll be rooting for the Bengals. Would be cool to see a team like that win it all.

But they better come out with a better offensive game plan then what they started with in KC. These moronic first down runs gotta stop. Spread them out and use your weapons outside. This is gonna be a big Higgins game he has to have a monster game

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 3

On 1/30/2022 at 9:43 PM, Calamity_Cometh said:

Should be fun. I'll be tuned in.

This is basically a road game for Cincinnati but they have shown that they don't give a damn about that.

The weird thing is they're technically the designated home team because it's the AFC's turn to "host" this year even though they're playing in their opponent's home stadium (for the second year in a row). Think they'll choose to wear their road jerseys to keep it authentic?

And I know Joey B. taught us to never count out this iteration of the Bengals (hats off to him), but that OL brings up huge question marks against that Rams' DL that the Chiefs weren't able to exploit and yet still nearly had a couple of drive-ending 3rd down sacks that he was somehow able to barely squirm his way out of. That definitely gives me pause, but I don't trust Stafford to light up the Bengals the other way considering what they were able to do to Mahomes. Tough call, but I'll go with the Bengals in a tight game.

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Stafford loves his arm punts. He's probably going to give you one or two good chances at picks. But if Von, Leonard, and Donald are feeling it, Burrow is going to have to be careful with fumbles.

EDIT: I also noticed how slippery Burrow is in the pocket. He's hard to sack. But he'll have to be careful. Aaron Donald is freakishly good at wrangling elusive QBs (thank you, Russ). And if you try too hard to make a play, he'll force turnovers (thank you, Jimmy).

that comment made me curious, so i had to look it up.  5 fumbles this year (4 lost).  yeah that could potentially be a factor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

The ONLY reason why Cleveland has had success against Cinci is because we rely purely on our front 4. Baker also plays out of his mind against them.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore blitz like crazy and Joe makes them pay for it.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The ONLY reason why Cleveland has had success against Cinci is because we rely purely on our front 4. Baker also plays out of his mind against them.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore blitz like crazy and Joe makes them pay for it.

The Rams can definitely get pressure with 4.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I'll be rooting for the Bengals. Would be cool to see a team like that win it all.

But they better come out with a better offensive game plan then what they started with in KC. These moronic first down runs gotta stop. Spread them out and use your weapons outside. This is gonna be a big Higgins game he has to have a monster game

Hey my son. Where was you at? Week 18 you was taking hella loud and then went Mia. Raider fan right?