49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Just now, gridirongorilla said:

I think he got hurt the first one, no?

Don't think so. He was hurt going into the game, concussion I think. But he played more snaps in his first start than he did in his second. He got hurt in the Vikings game as well. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Forge said:
Model is using Lance as the full year starter 

I'm assuming that Lance is the one dragging this down. According to Walder, in the story they do talk about where the team would be with Jimmy at the helm. My guess is much better if only because I Think that they are trying to prognosticate off bad / unreliable / limited data from Lance which is probably not great. This wouldn't be the first time that happened to the FPI model; despite adding Whitworth, Bobby Trees, Sammy Watkins and John Sullivan, they still had the Rams ranked 29th heading into the season, and I think a lot of that was because they had no idea how to model a season under Goff who was horrifically bad in his limited starts for Fisher. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Paying 27M for a backup QB is seriously a fireable offense. Someone will need to get let go for this crap. 

Until he's still on the roster week 1, I don't buy it.

Edited by 49erurtaza

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Paying 27M for a backup QB is seriously a fireable offense. Someone will need to get let go for this crap. 

Just wait until we franchise him next offseason. 

• Like 1