49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Once he's healthy Jimmy won't have any guaranteed $ anyway so i don't see what leverage he has to not take a paycut 

I think makes sense if he's traded for the other team. Jimmy has no reason to give the 49ers a pay cut. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think makes sense if he's traded for the other team. Jimmy has no reason to give the 49ers a pay cut. 

We'd have to pay him a reasonable amount to make it worth it to stay which defeats the purpose

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Yep, that's what i'm referring to. I don't see any way he's on the 49ers for the 2022 season 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:48 AM, N4L said:

There are really only two starting jobs left in the nfl. Seattle and carolina. We obviously don't want him to go to Seattle this early in the off season, so we're holding him in the hopes we can bate Carolina into a trade with us. 

Money is really the only thing holding back the deal. Carolina can't afford and doesn't think Jimmy is worth the contract he has. Which, he isn't. Which he hasn't been for a while. 

Jimmy needs to be onboard with a paycut for the Panthers to do it. Will he? Niners can't and shouldn't eat any of his salary. Hard stop. And Darnold is waaaay too expensive for us to have in our QB room. We've already allocated the proper amount of money there. I'm not pushing darnolds cap hit into future years when we passed on so many other FAs 

so where does that leave us? Ultimately this has become a staring contest. 

If jimmy wants to go to seattle and is willing to work out a deal with them exclusively, and for that reason we are unable to trade him to other teams because he wont cooperate, then F it, lets actually trade him to seattle. 

To me, that is 10x better than eating money or taking Darnold back. Pass on that and good luck to you Rhule and Tepper. 

Money is the main motivation here, if the only a path where we get 100% of the money off the books is that he goes to seattle, then we might as well pinch our nose and get a pick out of it. IMO

I could still see Houston as a destination too. They have Davis Mills who flashed a bit as a rookie, but I could see Caserio brining in Jimmy to compete for the starting gig down there.

55 minutes ago, Forge said:

Deebo isn't showing up until he gets a deal and rightfully so. Basically, don't expect him in the building until July or August. I hope he doesn't suffer any hammy injury since he won't be participating in any of the offseason activities. Don't want another 2020 all over again. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He's the full excerpt: 

The 49ers are in this picture, too—and while they’ve played patiently throughout on Jimmy Garoppolo, I don’t believe the plan right now is to keep him. San Francisco, for what it’s worth, has had an open line of communication with Garoppolo’s camp the last few months, and both sides are willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old who’s led the Niners to two NFC title games over the last three years. And that means, if a team’s out there wanting to renegotiate the final year of his contract, which has $24.8 million on it (and is not guaranteed), as part of a trade, the opportunity’s there to do it, and other teams know it.

The hope here, of course, is that where the Niners’ deliberate slow play in March didn’t really work out, after the quarterback’s delayed decision to have rotator cuff surgery (they hoped resolution of the Watson, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers situations would open up a market for Garoppolo); a similar tact could work here with Garoppolo’s shoulder on the mend (presumably, he could throw for a team in early July to show his progress), and there’s potential for latecomers to the quarterback trade table. We’ll see if it works out.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's the full excerpt: 

The 49ers are in this picture, too—and while they’ve played patiently throughout on Jimmy Garoppolo, I don’t believe the plan right now is to keep him. San Francisco, for what it’s worth, has had an open line of communication with Garoppolo’s camp the last few months, and both sides are willing to be flexible to find the best situation for the 30-year-old who’s led the Niners to two NFC title games over the last three years. And that means, if a team’s out there wanting to renegotiate the final year of his contract, which has $24.8 million on it (and is not guaranteed), as part of a trade, the opportunity’s there to do it, and other teams know it.

The hope here, of course, is that where the Niners’ deliberate slow play in March didn’t really work out, after the quarterback’s delayed decision to have rotator cuff surgery (they hoped resolution of the Watson, Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers situations would open up a market for Garoppolo); a similar tact could work here with Garoppolo’s shoulder on the mend (presumably, he could throw for a team in early July to show his progress), and there’s potential for latecomers to the quarterback trade table. We’ll see if it works out.

The opportunity may be there to renegotiate Jimmy's 2022 salary, but which team(s) truly will be interested for that? Literally will be the Panthers or bust....good chance it will be a bust. 

FYI, UDFA terms were passed along to me for all 14.

RB Jordan Mason: $10K signing bonus, $30K base GTD
WR Tay Martin: $8,500 signing bonus, $45K base GTD
WR Taysir Mack: $0 GTD
TE Garrett Walston: $5K signing bonus
C Dohnovan West: $15K signing bonus, $100K base GTD
C Jason Poe: $10K signing bonus, $65K base GTD
LT Sam Schlueter: $5K signing bonus, $45K base GTD
DT Kevin Atkins: $5K signing bonus, $10K base GTD
WLB Jeremiah Gemmel: $20K signing bonus, $70K base GTD
WLB Segun Olubi: $3K signing bonus
SLB Marcelino McCrary-Ball: $20K signing bonus, $100K base GTD
CB Qwuantrezz Knight: $6K signing bonus, $25K base GTD
FS Tayler Hawkins: $10K signing bonus, $50K base GTD
SS Leon O'Neal Jr.: $10K signing bonus, $50K base GTD
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 49erscap said:
FYI, UDFA terms were passed along to me for all 14.

RB Jordan Mason: $10K signing bonus, $30K base GTD
WR Tay Martin: $8,500 signing bonus, $45K base GTD
WR Taysir Mack: $0 GTD
TE Garrett Walston: $5K signing bonus
C Dohnovan West: $15K signing bonus, $100K base GTD
C Jason Poe: $10K signing bonus, $65K base GTD
LT Sam Schlueter: $5K signing bonus, $45K base GTD
DT Kevin Atkins: $5K signing bonus, $10K base GTD
WLB Jeremiah Gemmel: $20K signing bonus, $70K base GTD
WLB Segun Olubi: $3K signing bonus
SLB Marcelino McCrary-Ball: $20K signing bonus, $100K base GTD
CB Qwuantrezz Knight: $6K signing bonus, $25K base GTD