49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

"The majority of the people to whom I spoke for this story believe both players will likely end up being released," Graziano shared. "A couple of people thought Garoppolo might still draw trade interest, provided an acquiring team could work out something to knock down the salary or spread it out over a couple of years."

9 hours ago, Forge said:

"The majority of the people to whom I spoke for this story believe both players will likely end up being released," Graziano shared. "A couple of people thought Garoppolo might still draw trade interest, provided an acquiring team could work out something to knock down the salary or spread it out over a couple of years."

I could have saved the team A LOT of time here…… 

Anyways, the end is near and that's all that matters. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Just thinking here, if Jimmy had wanted to be released, could he have waived his injury guarantee? If we weren't on the books for any money, then we might have granted him his wish, and he could have sought employment freely. But he's still holding on to the hope he might be paid the 25m his contract entails, or a significant fraction of it in a reworked deal, as opposed to hitting the free market, with an injured shoulder, and drawing limited interest. So maybe he's betting on a trade as a mean to retain as much money as possible on his contract. So the reason he is still on the roster might not be our FO's stubbornness to try to get something for him, but Jimmy's play for his own money. If he waives the injury guarantee and formally asks for his release back in march, I think we have a much different scenario here.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Doesn't seem like some of the league is high on Lance. 

Now, some people around the league weren't overly impressed with his game action, with one offensive coach saying his throwing motion still looked "wonky" and that he didn't seem comfortable while throwing on the run. The numbers say Lance was fine from outside the pocket, completing nine of 15 passes for 146 yards and two touchdowns.

Hilarious lol.

I have no qualms with the rankings since he is the biggest unknown from the bunch. That stuff never bothers me but it is this type of analysis along with questioning his arm strength which is baffling to me. 

Oh well, we will find out soon enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hilarious lol.

I have no qualms with the rankings since he is the biggest unknown from the bunch. That stuff never bothers me but it is this type of analysis along with questioning his arm strength which is baffling to me. 

Oh well, we will find out soon enough. 

The biggest thing statistically is that I believe he was absolutely awful against pressure last year. Like terribad. He's going to have to get better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The biggest thing statistically is that I believe he was absolutely awful against pressure last year. Like terribad. He's going to have to get better. 

That cardinals game offensive line played awful I think that's skewing it. 

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

That cardinals game offensive line played awful I think that's skewing it. 

I personally think our game plan with Lance against the Cardinals was trash. We really didn’t put him in a position to succeed IMO.

• Like 2

@49erscap 

What would happen if Jimmy gets hurt in camp? I always assumed that by going on IR, his base salary would essentially become guaranteed, but perhaps that is not the case? Or, its only if we put him on IR and have him stay on the roster week 1 that it becomes guaranteed? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

@49erscap 

What would happen if Jimmy gets hurt in camp? I always assumed that by going on IR, his base salary would essentially become guaranteed, but perhaps that is not the case? Or, its only if we put him on IR and have him stay on the roster week 1 that it becomes guaranteed? 

If he is on IR to begin 2022 his base salary isn't fully GTD, only if he makes the opening day 53-man roster.

20 hours ago, GW21 said:

I personally think our game plan with Lance against the Cardinals was trash. We really didn’t put him in a position to succeed IMO.

My feeling at the time was that Kyle did it on purpose... he didn't want to make it easier on him. In a tight playoff race, he would have tried to mask his weaknesses and give him easy looks. But that game wasn't planned like that. If Trey was to succeed in that game, it would be in spite of the game plan. He was not meant to succeed. This team was still going ahead with Jimmy at that point. And a good game from Trey would have complicated that. But in reality, they were probably just trying to limit his pass attempts, because of the finger injury.