49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am so pumped on this season. It feels so good to be a top 5 team in the league and being able to watch Trey grow into himself just adds that much more excitement 

I don't have expectations nearly that high for this team if I'm being honest. 

Excited to see Trey, but I'm expecting a wild card year 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm extremely bullish on our defense. With the edge (and DL) depth we have, with the corner depth we have, with an all pro on each level (Bosa, Warner, Jimmie Ward), with DeMeco Ryans calling the defense, this is a top 5 defense. That alone is going to win us a lot of games. 

Is it just that you dont think Trey will be ready? 

I know there is a lot of turnover on the offensive coaching staff and the OL. Those are certainly valid concerns, but by the end of the year I believe Trey will have sorted it out and that our team will be battle tested. You better believe there wont be a team in the league that will be excited to play us in December, January, and February. 

The schedule is pretty tough and the Rams are still a good team, so we may be a WC team, but that doesnt mean we wont be a dominant force.

The deep passing game + our run game + our defense is a winning formula. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'm extremely bullish on our defense. With the edge (and DL) depth we have, with the corner depth we have, with an all pro on each level (Bosa, Warner, Jimmie Ward), with DeMeco Ryans calling the defense, this is a top 5 defense. That alone is going to win us a lot of games. 

Is it just that you dont think Trey will be ready? 

I know there is a lot of turnover on the offensive coaching staff and the OL. Those are certainly valid concerns, but by the end of the year I believe Trey will have sorted it out and that our team will be battle tested. You better believe there wont be a team in the league that will be excited to play us in December, January, and February. 

The schedule is pretty tough and the Rams are still a good team, so we may be a WC team, but that doesnt mean we wont be a dominant force.

The deep passing game + our run game + our defense is a winning formula. 

The offensive line is currently a mess and its a first time starter in Lance. The Lance situation is probably the biggest issue. I'd still put the team behind Green Bay, Tampa Bay and the Rams just in the NFC.

I have no concerns about the defense outside of depth on the back end. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The offensive line is currently a mess and its a first time starter in Lance. The Lance situation is probably the biggest issue. I'd still put the team behind Green Bay, Tampa Bay and the Rams just in the NFC.

I have no concerns about the defense outside of depth on the back end. 

You are a pragmatist, and I am not surprised by your stance. 

There is not being concerned, and there is being extremely bullish. The defense will carry us initially until Lance and the OL figure it out.

I expect growing pains early with the OL, because the ZBS requires a lot of cohesion within the unit, however I also expect a point later in the season where the OL gels and becomes a more than serviceable group. 

Even if we faulter early, we will sort it out by the end of the season. 

Lance is a lot closer than people realize. There will be *some* growing pains but not as many as people think, and the big plays in the passing game are going to do so much for this offense and the run game that even if he isnt playing lights out, we will still score a ton of points. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

If we are a wildcard team with Trey as our QB then i call it a success……the future will be bright!.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 9erFreak77 said:

If we are a wildcard team with Trey as our QB then i call it a success……the future will be bright!.

I'll take a wild card spot, we got to the NFC Title game as the 6th seed with Jimmy at QB, if Trey plays better than Jimmy, I think we're a WC team, will push the Rams IMO.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, N4L said:

You are a pragmatist, and I am not surprised by your stance. 

There is not being concerned, and there is being extremely bullish. The defense will carry us initially until Lance and the OL figure it out.

I expect growing pains early with the OL, because the ZBS requires a lot of cohesion within the unit, however I also expect a point later in the season where the OL gels and becomes a more than serviceable group. 

Even if we faulter early, we will sort it out by the end of the season. 

Lance is a lot closer than people realize. There will be *some* growing pains but not as many as people think, and the big plays in the passing game are going to do so much for this offense and the run game that even if he isnt playing lights out, we will still score a ton of points. 

Even if Trey isn't all the way ready, Kyle will call the game around his limitations. Just like he called games around Jimmy's limitations for years. Like, the entire offense was built around the fact he couldn't throw deep outside the numbers. His strength was over the middle of the field, so to loosen that up, we had to stretch the field horizontally as often as we could. That meant a lot of outside zones, and end arounds, and passes to the flat. When defenders were caught cheating, Jimmy was great at dissecting the middle of the field. This year, with Trey, I'm sure the first few weeks will have their issues. But once Kyle figures out Trey's weaknesses, he'll tailor the offense around that. 

I also agree that the defense will be the key to winning or losing, early on. Last year, the injuries at CB really hurt us early on, but Demeco adjusted. This year, I think the D will hit the ground running. 

• Like 2

Hilarious. These national reporters were getting played left and right and now are saying it was only RECENTLY that Lance has taken the next step and grown "leaps and bounds" or whatever verbiage they like to use lol.

Just freaking admit the team was playing you all offseason in hope to convince other teams that there was a chance that Jimmy G was going to potentially stay...News flash, it did NOT work! Now you guys look like dummies. 

GIF version. | Congratulations, You Played Yourself | Know Your Meme

13. San Francisco 49ers

Biggest strength: The 49ers have one of the best defensive linemen (Nick Bosa) and one of the deepest defensive line rotations in the league. Bosa's 90.6 PFF grade across his two healthy seasons in 2019 and 2021 ranks third among all qualifying edge rushers since 2019, behind only Myles Garrett and T.J. Watt. And San Francisco can turn to Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, Samson Ebukam, Charles Omenihu, Kerry Hyder Jr., Kemoko Turay and second-round rookie Drake Jackson alongside Bosa. Defensive coordinator Demeco Ryans isn't lacking options.

Biggest weakness: San Francisco's interior offensive line will have to replace Laken Tomlinson at left guard after he followed Robert Saleh to the Jets in free agency. Alex Mack's retirement after 13 NFL seasons opens up another hole at center. Given that right guard -- manned by Daniel Brunskill and his 57.1 PFF grade in 2021 -- was already the weak point of their offensive line last season, that's three potential unknowns and question marks on the inside.

X factor for 2022: It's difficult to go anywhere else here other than Trey Lance, who is expected to take the reins from Jimmy Garoppolo whether or not the 49ers are able to work out a Garoppolo trade prior to the season. Lance saw limited action with just two starts as a rookie last season, managing just a 59.9 PFF grade in 179 offensive snaps. The floor is lowered with Lance compared to a Garoppolo-led offense, but there's also reason to be excited about what the offense could look like with Lance's arm talent and rushing ability.

2022 49ers

OFFENSE DEFENSE
QB Trey Lance (59.9) DI Javon Kinlaw (54.1*)
RB Elijah Mitchell (76.8) DI Arik Armstead (76.0)
FB Kyle Juszczyk (64.0) Edge Nick Bosa (89.4)
WR Deebo Samuel (90.2) Edge Samson Ebukam (67.0)
WR Brandon Aiyuk (75.9) Edge Drake Jackson (82.3**)
WR Jauan Jennings (66.2) LB Fred Warner (80.1)
TE George Kittle (90.7) LB Dre Greenlaw (59.8*)
LT Trent Williams (96.6) CB Charvarius Ward (71.2)
LG Aaron Banks (81.3***) CB Emmanuel Moseley (69.1)
C Jake Brendel (58.8*) CB Darqueze Dennard (66.0*)
RG Daniel Brunskill (57.1) S Jimmie Ward (74.8)
RT Mike McGlinchey (69.8) S Tarvarius Moore (60.2*)

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hilarious. These national reporters were getting played left and right and now are saying it was only RECENTLY that Lance has taken the next step and grown "leaps and bounds" or whatever verbiage they like to use lol.

Just freaking admit the team was playing you all offseason in hope to convince other teams that there was a chance that Jimmy G was going to potentially stay...News flash, it did NOT work! Now you guys look like dummies. 

GIF version. | Congratulations, You Played Yourself | Know Your Meme

What did he say when the clip cut off about Jimmy coming back is what I want to know lol