49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is pretty much the biggest thing, though if the knees are truly arthritic as was feared, I'm not sure it's ultimately going to mean much in the long run. May just end up being a pain tolerance thing. 

He looks really cut though. Kudos to him. Looks phenomenal. I'm not sure what he weighs, but I doubt that he's down to like 290 pounds or anything, so hopefully he can continue to play the same sort of game. 

I don't think I've heard someone say that his knee was arthritic. I think I have only heard "chronic knee issue" which I guess could be the same thing. 

They did an ACL reconstruction surgery last year, despite the fact he didn't tear his ACL. Reports were that kinlaw was pissed about how the team shut him down, but then he said afterwards he was glad they did so because his knee is better than ever. 

Since it's July, I'm choosing to believe that he's completely healthy and his knee is 100% fixed  lol 

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't think I've heard someone say that his knee was arthritic. I think I have only heard "chronic knee issue" which I guess could be the same thing. 

They did an ACL reconstruction surgery last year, despite the fact he didn't tear his ACL. Reports were that kinlaw was pissed about how the team shut him down, but then he said afterwards he was glad they did so because his knee is better than ever. 

Since it's July, I'm choosing to believe that he's completely healthy and his knee is 100% fixed  lol 

He's been flagged for the risk of arthritis since his draft year. Arthritis is just inflammation of the joints and whatnot. Every time you hear them say Kinlaw's knee is "swelling" or there's "knee inflammation", that's ostensibly arthritis (in a vague, nebulous sort of way...I've never seen his knees or anything, so it could be caused by something specific, I have no idea).  The issue  is whether or not it's chronic, whether or not it's fixable and how bad / painful it is. 

When the concern is "arthritic knees", the fear is really just that it's chronic. 

• Like 2

Why would Seattle make a trade? Just wait for the 49ers to cut him in August, and then swoop in. I guess the only downside is that it's near the season opener and Jimmy would need time to get accustomed to whatever Seattle is doing. 

Anyway, if the 49ers get ticked slapped by Jimmy wearing a Squawk's jersey the fallout would be hilarious. I wonder if Mina Kimes is excited...

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy has already been throwing for 2-3 weeks now according to Barrows. That actually confirms what Sileo told Cohn on his show lol.

This confirms Jimmy just wants to be cut. We would have heard about this weeks ago if he actually wanted to get traded. 

Jimmy must really want to go to Seattle. He does moderately control his own future because even if a team trades for him, they would need to rework his deal. 

I can understand being frustrated your job replaces you, but damn, we wouldnt have replaced him if he wouldnt have regressed so much. His footwork and field vision have gotten worse every year. He is a ghost during the offseason, no one can get a hold of him. 

Basically, it is his own damn fault he got replaced. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, N4L said:

This confirms Jimmy just wants to be cut. We would have heard about this weeks ago if he actually wanted to get traded. 

Jimmy must really want to go to Seattle. He does moderately control his own future because even if a team trades for him, they would need to rework his deal. 

I can understand being frustrated your job replaces you, but damn, we wouldnt have replaced him if he wouldnt have regressed so much. His footwork and field vision have gotten worse every year. He is a ghost during the offseason, no one can get a hold of him. 

Basically, it is his own damn fault he got replaced. 

& if Jimmy hits Manny Sanders in stride and we win that SB, he would be getting a big extension right now a la Joe Flacco.. now he gets pennies in comparison to play in Seattle. Karma imo

I've been saying this for three years now but look at any rankings and he's never in the top 10. Smh, only if he could force more TOs. 

Tony Jefferson has played with some really good safeties and he said Ward is as good as he's seen and super elite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've been saying this for three years now but look at any rankings and he's never in the top 10. Smh, only if he could force more TOs. 

Tony Jefferson has played with some really good safeties and he said Ward is as good as he's seen and super elite. 

Well I'll raise your three years of hyping up Ward and say that when he was drafted I said it would be a mistake to move him to CB. He would be good, which he was, but he had more potential for impact and star power as a FS. So cheers to us!!

Plus you had J. Ward as an honorable mention. This isn't even mentioning young studs like Al-Shaair, Moseley etc. I get that there are concerns on the OL, especially the interior, but for PFF not to rank this roster in the top 10 is laughable. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Plus you had J. Ward as an honorable mention. This isn't even mentioning young studs like Al-Shaair, Moseley etc. I get that there are concerns on the OL, especially the interior, but for PFF not to rank this roster in the top 10 is laughable. 

No excuses for Jimmy now with that roster! 

• Like 3