49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

39 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I hope Mack plays one more year. I don’t think there’s anyone who can replace him unless we use our 2nd round on C which is still a possibility but I would prefer he plays one more year. 

I think he will...but it's also vital that we draft a guy. I can't imagine that Shanny is going to ride out a rookie center at any point of his coaching career, so it's going to be very important that we get a guy in this year to groom / redshirt for a year before giving them a shot to play. 

Or let Mack retire and put all your eggs in the Ryan Jensen basket, but that is maybe not an efficient use of assets. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't even think about the trade value right now. Too raw from watching him in these playoffs lol

I'm with you on this. Emotions need to settle down for this picture to become clear. Before last night, I was thinking a 2nd & 5th or 3rd & 4th type of package. I think I'll ultimately still feel that way in the weeks to come.  

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I'm with you on this. Emotions need to settle down for this picture to become clear. Before last night, I was thinking a 2nd & 5th or 3rd & 4th type of package. I think I'll ultimately still feel that way in the weeks to come.  

100%. The sane, object part of me is like, "get a second from Pitt, call it a day....teams gave up a first and third for Wentz and a 4th for Flacco...whatever Jimmy may be, you can support a value between those ranges". And then I watch the playoffs and I'm like, "DEAR GOD WHY IS ANYONE GIVING UP MORE THAN A FLIP OF MID ROUND PICKS FOR THIS DUDE??!!" 

LOL 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'd be interested in Tyrod Taylor, if we can get him for under $5mil a year

Some other names that I think fit Bridgewater, Brissett, Gene Smith. I think Sudfield should stay tho as #3 QB/PS. I think having some consistency for Lance in the QB room will be necessary.

24 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I just hope the 49ers dont force a 1st from a team, because they might be sitting on Jimmy for awhile. I think they should move him asap get the best you can get and move on.

Edited by 49erurtaza

14 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm already ready to move on from 2021.

49ers offseason to open cap space:

Trade Jimmy G:Clear 25.55 Million

Extend:Jimmie Ward current cap hit 12.93 million. Extensions should lower cap hit to 6.6 million for 2022. 

Cut Dee Ford: cut with Post June 1st should save us 7 million for 2022 with dead cap of 4.9 million. 

--------------------------------------------

49ers need to figure out right guard. They should have no expectations with Aaron Banks. Go sign a start-able guard. 

Tomilson is a must re-sign priority #1.

My biggest concern is right tackle because there's a chance Mcglinchy isn't ready by week 1. I dont want to have Compton starting with Lance. 

Key I dont think we can afford to re-sign. DJ Jones I think is the one they pick if his number isn't crazy. 

Id let Tartt test free agency again. See what he's offered. 

Depth at the corner is a must I dont think Ambry should be handed the job he needs to earn it. Verrett is fine to re-sign but should not be expecting anything from him. 

Discuss.

QB - Need a vet backup who can run a similar type of offense to Trey. My first thought is Tyrod Taylor, who is a great person, leader, and mentor. He knows the situation at this point in his career. Jacoby Brissett would be another, depending on asking price and playing time requirements. 

RB - Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty will be on the roster, but I think there's room for either Mostert or Wilson, not both. This also hinges on how they feel their market will be. I feel like the Niners will let them both test the waters and come back at decent price if they don't get what they're looking for. If neither come back, then maybe we kick the tires on Gallman again. I think a UDFA is likely to join the ranks this summer as well.

WR - Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Sherfield - I'm comfortable with this group next year. I would like to see the Niners find a slot who can stretch the field and return kicks. I'm fine drafting a slot WR in the mid-to-late rounds. Also, I'm fine with bringing Richie James back on a camp tryout type contract.

TE - Kittle and Woerner are the group for next year at this point. I'm fine with walking away from Dwelley. I'd love to see a Jordan Reed type pickup this year in FA. Someone like Mo Allie-Cox who can catch and block. Or maybe Lee Smith. If no FA, then I'd love to see a mid-round pick spent on a TE.

OT - We have 5 tackles under contract, not including Compton. I don't see any acquisitions here. I also expect McGlinchey to be back because the RT market is awful this year. 

OG - Tomlinson is a priority. I assume Brunskill will be back on a 1-yr deal as insurance if Banks can't beat him out. I know we want a big upgrade at RG, but I just don't see it happening. I think they will want to see if Banks can do anything before looking to get a starter from outside the building.

C - Mack and Brendel are probably the guys. If there is a Center to grab in the draft, I'd be for that. I haven't done my homework on draft prospects yet.

DL - Jones and Key are priorities. I feel confident we can keep both. I'd like Willis to come back, unless he's looking for more PT, then he'll probably need to go else where. I'd like to draft a true EDGE rusher this year as well. 

LB - Warner, Greenlaw, Azeez, and DFF is the group for me. A UDFA or late-round pick for special teams would be fine. I don't see money being spent on this group this year. 

CB - I have mixed feelings here. Either we go after someone like Casey Hayward or Steven Nelson in FA to be the starter across from Moseley and have Thomas as the first guy off the bench on the outside, or we go a cheaper route in FA or a high pick in the draft to compete against Thomas for the starting job across from Moseley. It just depends on how the staff feels about Thomas.  Also, K'Waun should definitely be brought back and Dontae Johnson should be given a contract similar to Sudfeld's where he's a priority PS guy.

S - Tartt should be brought back on another 1-yr deal, unless he wants to chase a bigger contract elsewhere. I'm not sure if I'd re-sign Tav Moore or not. I'd probably look to draft a FS in the draft.

TL;DR

• Vet backup QB
  • Slot WR that can return kicks and stretch the field, probably draft
  • Versatile #2 TE
  • Young C to groom
  • True EDGE rusher in draft
  • Legit starting CB in FA or draft corner to be behind Thomas
  • Draft FS

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

QB - Need a vet backup who can run a similar type of offense to Trey. My first thought is Tyrod Taylor, who is a great person, leader, and mentor. He knows the situation at this point in his career. Jacoby Brissett would be another, depending on asking price and playing time requirements. 

RB - Mitchell, Sermon, and Hasty will be on the roster, but I think there's room for either Mostert or Wilson, not both. This also hinges on how they feel their market will be. I feel like the Niners will let them both test the waters and come back at decent price if they don't get what they're looking for. If neither come back, then maybe we kick the tires on Gallman again. I think a UDFA is likely to join the ranks this summer as well.

WR - Deebo, Aiyuk, Jennings, Sherfield - I'm comfortable with this group next year. I would like to see the Niners find a slot who can stretch the field and return kicks. I'm fine drafting a slot WR in the mid-to-late rounds. Also, I'm fine with bringing Richie James back on a camp tryout type contract.

TE - Kittle and Woerner are the group for next year at this point. I'm fine with walking away from Dwelley. I'd love to see a Jordan Reed type pickup this year in FA. Someone like Mo Allie-Cox who can catch and block. Or maybe Lee Smith. If no FA, then I'd love to see a mid-round pick spent on a TE.

OT - We have 5 tackles under contract, not including Compton. I don't see any acquisitions here. I also expect McGlinchey to be back because the RT market is awful this year. 

OG - Tomlinson is a priority. I assume Brunskill will be back on a 1-yr deal as insurance if Banks can't beat him out. I know we want a big upgrade at RG, but I just don't see it happening. I think they will want to see if Banks can do anything before looking to get a starter from outside the building.

C - Mack and Brendel are probably the guys. If there is a Center to grab in the draft, I'd be for that. I haven't done my homework on draft prospects yet.

DL - Jones and Key are priorities. I feel confident we can keep both. I'd like Willis to come back, unless he's looking for more PT, then he'll probably need to go else where. I'd like to draft a true EDGE rusher this year as well. 

LB - Warner, Greenlaw, Azeez, and DFF is the group for me. A UDFA or late-round pick for special teams would be fine. I don't see money being spent on this group this year. 

CB - I have mixed feelings here. Either we go after someone like Casey Hayward or Steven Nelson in FA to be the starter across from Moseley and have Thomas as the first guy off the bench on the outside, or we go a cheaper route in FA or a high pick in the draft to compete against Thomas for the starting job across from Moseley. It just depends on how the staff feels about Thomas.  Also, K'Waun should definitely be brought back and Dontae Johnson should be given a contract similar to Sudfeld's where he's a priority PS guy.

S - Tartt should be brought back on another 1-yr deal, unless he wants to chase a bigger contract elsewhere. I'm not sure if I'd re-sign Tav Moore or not. I'd probably look to draft a FS in the draft.

TL;DR

• Vet backup QB
  • Versatile #2 TE
  • Young C to groom
  • Draft FS

Don't forget that you need to start locking up the Bosa / Deebo extensions, so you have to do some of these things while considering the extensions. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Don't forget that you need to start locking up the Bosa / Deebo extensions, so you have to do some of these things while considering the extensions. 

For sure. They're top priorities this year. I just don't see locking them both up and re-signing all the guys we want as a difficult task, assuming Jimmy is traded and we do some extensions/restructures. I think the money will be there for all of that and a few mid-to-low level FA signings. 

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

TL;DR

• Vet backup QB
  • Versatile #2 TE
  • Young C to groom
  • Draft FS

If the OT market is bad, do you think there’s any possibility that we could trade McGlinchey? It has to be at least considered since we looked decent on passing downs with Compton. Possibly bring in someone via draft or let Moore play. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

With Payton, Brady & Rodgers all likely gone, the NFC gets very weak

All 4 NFCW teams should make the playoffs. Cowboys & Vikings should win their divisions. Some poor team will win the NFCS. 

Some other teams may get close but don't really see anyone else threatening. 

Just now, StevenK said:

If the OT market is bad, do you think there’s any possibility that we could trade McGlinchey? It has to be at least considered since we looked decent on passing downs with Compton. Possibly bring in someone via draft or let Moore play. 

None. I think it's more likely we extend McG. 

That being said, we probably do need to probably give Compton some props. He really was sort of the poor man's McG this year. The difference probably wasn't as great as it should be when talking about a former top ten pick against a guy we signed off the FA scrap heap. 

• Like 1

Biggest needs are IOL and CB, in my opinion. Otherwise this team seems fairly solid and priority should be bringing back as many guys as possible. Adding a blue-chip talent would be nice but we don’t have the cap space or the draft picks to do so, sadly(although Lynch and Peters will probably find some gems)