Jump to content

49ers offseason 2022


49erurtaza
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sounds about right...But pretty similar to the opening odds this season, right? Same teams minus Bengals as they had the Packers as one of the favorites? 

 

+2000 is what I had.. not sure exactly when I placed that though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

If the OT market is bad, do you think there’s any possibility that we could trade McGlinchey? It has to be at least considered since we looked decent on passing downs with Compton. Possibly bring in someone via draft or let Moore play. 

I don't know that anyone will trade for 1-yr of McGlinchey at $10 mil for 2022. I think he's our issue to figure out. As long as he comes back healthy, he should be fine at RT, but he's going to need a big year next year to prove he's worth keeping around. Next year's FA class at RT isn't any better, unless you're fan of Jack Conklin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Biggest needs are IOL and CB, in my opinion. Otherwise this team seems fairly solid and priority should be bringing back as many guys as possible. Adding a blue-chip talent would be nice but we don’t have the cap space or the draft picks to do so, sadly(although Lynch and Peters will probably find some gems)

I mean, if we trade Jimmy for a 2nd & 5th and also lose one of Ryans or McDaniel we get a comp 3rd this year. So, we'd have 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. We can certainly trade up into the late first or top of 2nd for a OL, EDGE, CB, or S that they like.

I think the theme of this off season is going to be creativity. It's going to take some creativity to create cap room, which is definitely doable. And, it could take some creativity to get bulk up or draft capital.

Thankfully, we don't need much to be a top-tier team next year.

Edited by NinerNation21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Please fire special teams coach 

Almost no chance. As @J-ALL-DAY mentioned a while back, Hightower has been with Shanny for like 15 years or something. I think their time together dates back all the way to Houston 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I mean, if we trade Jimmy for a 2nd & 5th and also lose one of Ryans or McDaniel we get a comp 3rd this year. So, we'd have 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. We can certainly trade up into the late first or top of 2nd for a OL, EDGE, CB, or S that they like.

I think the theme of this off season is going to be creativity. It's going to take some creativity to create cap room, which is definitely doable. And, it could take some creativity to get bulk up or draft capital.

Thankfully, we don't need much to be a top-tier team next year.

Still waiting for confirmation on that. There's a fear that we don't get these comp picks until after the current comp picks we have are used. Basically, there is concern that we can have no more than 1 coaching hire comp pick per year. 

Last year and this year would be Saleh. Next year Mayhew. 

The fear is that we would not see a McD or Ryans comp pick until the 2024 draft. 

Still waiting to see how that works out...nobody has really commented on it yet since they haven't been hired. Will assume we get clarity from one of the beat writers if one of them is hired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Forge said:

Still waiting for confirmation on that. There's a fear that we don't get these comp picks until after the current comp picks we have are used. Basically, there is concern that we can have no more than 1 coaching hire comp pick per year. 

Last year and this year would be Saleh. Next year Mayhew. 

The fear is that we would not see a McD or Ryans comp pick until the 2024 draft. 

Still waiting to see how that works out...nobody has really commented on it yet since they haven't been hired. Will assume we get clarity from one of the beat writers if one of them is hired. 

Good point. I didn't think about the fact that even if you trade the comp for a specific year that it still counts for that year regardless if you have it or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Still waiting for confirmation on that. There's a fear that we don't get these comp picks until after the current comp picks we have are used. Basically, there is concern that we can have no more than 1 coaching hire comp pick per year. 

Last year and this year would be Saleh. Next year Mayhew. 

The fear is that we would not see a McD or Ryans comp pick until the 2024 draft. 

Still waiting to see how that works out...nobody has really commented on it yet since they haven't been hired. Will assume we get clarity from one of the beat writers if one of them is hired. 

Personally I would like for both of them to want to run it back at least one more year, but of course u have to strike when the iron is hot. 
 

Going to be tough to replace them, especially if they both leave. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Still waiting for confirmation on that. There's a fear that we don't get these comp picks until after the current comp picks we have are used. Basically, there is concern that we can have no more than 1 coaching hire comp pick per year. 

Last year and this year would be Saleh. Next year Mayhew. 

The fear is that we would not see a McD or Ryans comp pick until the 2024 draft. 

Still waiting to see how that works out...nobody has really commented on it yet since they haven't been hired. Will assume we get clarity from one of the beat writers if one of them is hired. 

Sounds like McDaniel is 25 percent would that count? And man this rule they tried to make it simple but it seems like the comp stuff wasn't thought out as much as it should have been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Almost no chance. As @J-ALL-DAY mentioned a while back, Hightower has been with Shanny for like 15 years or something. I think their time together dates back all the way to Houston 

Hightower and McDaniel are just his guys. Like he loves those two and trusts them even if they aren't doing good jobs...Not saying McDaniel is not, but our STs was terrible this season. Did finish the season fine though. Wish had some nice punts yesterday, Gould was money and even our coverage unit was fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy crap...I have never done any research on a torn quad, but if that is the case, I 100% think we should be looking into moving him this off season if we can and just drafting a guy and re-signing compton. Compton basically gave us 2020 McG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Holy crap...I have never done any research on a torn quad, but if that is the case, I 100% think we should be looking into moving him this off season if we can and just drafting a guy and re-signing compton. Compton basically gave us 2020 McG

I think it can take a full year for him to come back full strength from his injury. My guess he starts on PUP. I still think we should improve from Compton. I just dont want Lance to have to deal with the pass protection incompetence of Compton. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...