49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Even tho we lost there's some comforting about 2022 season. I guess if we didn't have Lance it would look bleak for next season.  

No Brady, No Payton, Possibly no Rodgers or Adams, Rams, Saints, and Packers being in cap hell all amount to the NFC being pretty open next year. If we can get 10 or even 11 wins out of Lance and Co. next year, we'll be right back into the thick of it.

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

No Brady, No Payton, Possibly no Rodgers or Adams, Rams, Saints, and Packers being in cap hell all amount to the NFC being pretty open next year. If we can get 10 or even 11 wins out of Lance and Co. next year, we'll be right back into the thick of it.

The crazy part is all the tough teams might just be in the NFC West. Lol at least the Cardinals didn't fire Kliff. 

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

The crazy part is all the tough teams might just be in the NFC West. Lol at least the Cardinals didn't fire Kliff. 

For sure. All 4 teams could be in the playoffs next year. I think Kliff has one more year to prove he can sustain success for a full season. If Wilson looks more human next year, it could be another long year for the Seahawks. Also, I'm not convinced the Rams will be as potent next year since they're currently $14 mil over the cap and have huge upside down contracts. I don't think Von and OBJ will be back unless Snead and Co. does some Dumbledore level wizardry this offseason.

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

For sure. All 4 teams could be in the playoffs next year. I think Kliff has one more year to prove he can sustain success for a full season. If Wilson looks more human next year, it could be another long year for the Seahawks. Also, I'm not convinced the Rams will be as potent next year since they're currently $14 mil over the cap and have huge upside down contracts. I don't think Von and OBJ will be back unless Snead and Co. does some Dumbledore level wizardry this offseason.

Add in id assume they will extend Stafford but that should help with his cap hit for 2022. My guess is they will try to keep OBJ and let Von walk. Whitworth also had minimal dead cap id assume if they win the Superbowl he retires. I think they can make it work. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Geek said:

Do we resign Verrett? He's 31 and injured but we might be able to get him at minimum with big on field returns.

I've been thinking about this. I think, at the very least, if he's healthy and cleared for football activity for training camp and he wants to come back, I think we could offer him a 1-yr deal with no guaranteed money that's essentially a try-out type contract with incentives built in for playing time. I like him and I think the team does too, but you just can't trust him. But, if he's on a cheap 1-yr deal and he's more depth than starter, then I can get behind that.

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

Do we resign Verrett? He's 31 and injured but we might be able to get him at minimum with big on field returns.

Yes, but you re-sign him as a CB 4/5 and it's a completely incentive based deal outside of the vet min. 

One year at his age is fine, and he still may present the greatest upside / value if he can play like he did in 2020. If he can't, then no big deal. 

If we bypass JV, then we should bring in Kyle Fuller on a slightly bigger one year, incentive laden contract. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Add in id assume they will extend Stafford but that should help with his cap hit for 2022. My guess is they will try to keep OBJ and let Von walk. 

Extending Stafford, cutting Woods, and cutting Whitworth would get them around $35 mil in cap space, so they'd be like $20 mil under the cap. Which, yeah, could get them one of OBJ or Von and still give them a small amount of money to plug other holes. Probably can't keep Darious Williams either, who I like. 

Either way, Rams will have to make some hard decisions this offseason and I'm here for it.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Extending Stafford, cutting Woods, and cutting Whitworth would get them around $35 mil in cap space, so they'd be like $20 mil under the cap. Which, yeah, could get them one of OBJ or Von and still give them a small amount of money to plug other holes. Probably can't keep Darious Williams either, who I like. 

Either way, Rams will have to make some hard decisions this offseason and I'm here for it.

20 million can land them both...but you're pushing money out to further years. Not sure how they feel about that, but with the cap set to explode in 2023, they may do it. 

You can easily give each of those guys big deal with lower first year cap hits (signing bonus pro rated + lower first year base) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

20 million can land them both...but you're pushing money out to further years. Not sure how they feel about that, but with the cap set to explode in 2023, they may do it. 

You can easily give each of those guys big deal with lower first year cap hits (signing bonus pro rated + lower first year base) 

True, but still have to pay Darious Williams if they want him back. Also, Brian Allen and Austin Corbett won't break the bank but also won't be cheap deals. Plus, if they cut Whit, then they'll need a LT unless they feel Noteboom is the guy. 

I'm interested to see how the Rams, Packers, and Saints navigate their cap situation this year.

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Even though we don’t need him (depending on what the off will look like with Trey), I would like to go after Woods if they cut him. Granted I think they would bring him back if it’s between Woods or OBJ. 

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

True, but still have to pay Darious Williams if they want him back. Also, Brian Allen and Austin Corbett won't break the bank but also won't be cheap deals. Plus, if they cut Whit, then they'll need a LT unless they feel Noteboom is the guy. 

I'm interested to see how the Rams, Packers, and Saints navigate their cap situation this year.

I think Whit retires especially if they win it. Ugh I hated saying that lol 

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Part of what will help is if they are re-signing OBJ, they know that they can just trade Woods.  That'll save 7 million which will likely cover a really good chunk of OBJ's first year cap hit. I'd imagine that a guy like Hekker is gone. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they used like their 3rd or 4th round pick to take punter Matt Araiza. 

• Like 1

As much as Ebukam really came on strong this year, I can't see keeping him on at 8.25M in cap hit. We have had too much success in taking guys like this and extricating a ton of value for much, much cheaper. Justin Houston signed for 2 million htis last year and didn't have a ton of sacks, but had a pretty nice pass rush win rate. Dante Fowler had a pretty meh season, but another guy that could come in on a prove it deal cheaper than 8.25 and provide more value. 

Dee Ford saves 7 million post 6/1 and I think it's time to cut bait with him in that regard. I'd rather save up some money now and put it toward the Bosa / Deebo extension then play the "will he / won't he" game with Dee Ford and whether or not he can play all season. 

Dre Greenlaw is low key 2.5 million against the cap. With his injury issues and the emergence of Al-Shaair, I'd put trade feelers out on him. Even if you're only getting a mid - late round pick, I'd probably do it. I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on trading him for a guy that has completely under achieved for a team that may still be on a rookie deal. Al Shaair has a similar hit as an RFA, so I don't think I'm keeping both. That's too much  money tied into that position grouping. 

Brunskill is still an RFA, which means he's a pretty easy fix. Original round tender is like 2.5 million, you bring him back to provide a baseline of competence at the guard position if Banks is a complete and total bust. 

ERFA tenders are pretty much a given, but if they don't give one to Cracraft, that's pretty much whatever. 

• Like 2