Tom Brady for OC?

Nex_Gen

Full Disclaimer: This is in no way an attempt to spread false news.

But this morning I was thinking; as much as some of us hate to admit it, losing Josh McDaniels is a huge negative to this team. Particularly for the reason that of all the assistant coaches Bill has had here in New England, there's no question the chemistry and mind meld he had with Josh has been second to none. The parlaying affect this could have on Mac Jones' development is what worries me, having to switch things up (at least to some degree) only after his rookie season. I'm sure Bill will do what he can do to keep things the same as much as possible. But still, there is only one Josh McDaniels.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/1/24/22900027/tom-brady-retirement-quote-bucs-2022-offseason-podcast

See article; for Tom Brady going as far as saying his love and desire of being involved with the game continues to go un wavered. With only the physical part of actually playing the game being his concern, an extension to his wife and children. If he certainly decides to hang it up in the coming days, what are the odds Bill doesn't waste a sun down and tries to get Brady on board as the official "Offensive Coordinator?"

We already know Brady has already been a huge part of game planning for years, notably documented one-on-one conversations with Bill throughout the course of the week. Brady is certainly a master of the Erhardt-Perkins system that Bill only seems to be open to running. And for all intents and purposes, Brady has already done his share of installing and coordinating parts of that system within the Bruce Arians' 'All Go" philosophy of offensive football. Not to mention the recruiting and identifying of players to get on board to work with.

Brady and Mac certainly have a lot of physical similarities to start off as players. Physically limited, not the fastest or the biggest arm. But can certainly improve by polishing technique and fundamentals. There's certainly a chance Brady sees a young version of himself with Mac.

Should Bill bring Brady on as OC? How would you feel about it? How do you see it working out if it comes to fruition?

Edited by Nex_Gen

I know you you have the paraphrasing of how he always wants to be close to the game, but I don't think that's coaching. I think a BIG part of his retirement is family time. I think his remaining close to the game would be more on his own terms with football camps, maybe a show like Manning has, something more off the radar than TV. I also don't think he moves his family back up to New England. 

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I am really interested in seeing Bill O'Brien reunite with Mac Jones/Pats.

1. Josh isn't a bad coach.. he was infuriating at times.. but you could do a lot worse 

2. The Devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't ( i think that's the saying) 

3. I wish Josh the best in Vegas, my biggest concern is Mac's development over anything else.. and fear that he could have 3 OC in 3 years if O'Brien is brought in to replace Josh. 

But Bill is likely the best option.. he did really well with the 2 TE offense previously.. but it isn't 100% that he is back. I would also love to see him bring more Alabama offense to NE for Mac to feel more comfortable ( more PA / RPO /etc.) 

I'm really hopeful that we see multiple offensive coaches hired: 

• Bill O'Brien hired as OC for immediate help
  • A young guy to be an offensive assistant and replace O'Brien in 1-2 years when he eventually leaves 
  • Kevin Faulk to be RB coach and replace the retiring Ivan Fears 
  • A QB coach - Jerry Schuplinki was with the Giants.. and previously with the Patriots.. I believe Josh was the QB coach as well.. so bringing him back to help as the QB coach would be good

Brady is going to move on from football entirely and focus on the TB12 method and other side ventures. I simply cannot imagine him in a front office role let alone coaching.

Considering how awkward he is during press conferences, him as a commentator would be a disaster.

Edited by biggie.