Tom Brady for OC?

Nex_Gen

21 hours ago, InRodWeRust said:

I think Brady would just be too frustrated trying to coach. He'd probably lose his mind every time the quarterback made a mistake. "Gimme the $#@%ing ball! I'll get the *&$%ing touchdown!!"

And this is precisely why I think he'd make a terrible coach. If you think Belichick is ruthless and has the eyes of a hawk when it comes to details, imagine Brady and that temper of his.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, Apparition said:

Great QBs do not make good coaches

This. It's basically a general rule across all sports - great players can't coach, because they can't get inside the head of players who aren't great. Can you imagine Brady trying to talk to some young QB?

"OK, now what I want you to do is read the defense and identify the pressure, feel the rusher coming on your blindside, move up exactly 18 inches in the pocket, pump fake to stall the corner, look the safety off, and throw a perfect strike down the seam, and I need you to do all that in 3 seconds or less. It's not hard!"

Plus, whether he'd be good or not, it's hard to see Brady wanting to coach. He's a competitor, he barely came off the field even for kneel downs in his career, I think watching from the sidelines would be the last thing he'd ever want to do. I doubt we will ever see him on an NFL field again, he'll comeback as a player before he goes into coaching.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't Brady already spend a ton of time helping coach players up and assisting with play calling? I know a lot people have joked that Brady is the true OC in Tampa and was actually the one calling the shots instead of Byron Leftwich. Not sure if there's much truth to that, but I'm sure why people think he would be so bad at the job considering he's probably more involved in coaching/playcalling than pretty much any other player in the NFL?