Coaching/FO Staff- Kafka as OC, Wink Martindale as DC

Acgott

Man...umm. Kafka has never been an OC. O'Shea was OC for one season and got fired by Miami, Pep had a 2 year stint as OC with Indy. I'm not excited or impressed about any of these names. Am I off base here?

Out of the three looks like Pep has the most experience but there has to be better options out there...

Edited by Shockwave

5 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Man...umm. Kafka has never been an OC. O'Shea was OC for one season and got fired by Miami, Pep had a 2 year stint as OC with Indy. I'm not excited or impressed about any of these names. Am I off base here?

Out of the three looks like Pep has the most experience but there has to be better options out there...

I heard very good things about Kafka and Pep. O’Shea doesn’t move the needle for me.

The current team can block OC to OC moves, so it would need to be a position coach or someone was just let go,

9 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I heard very good things about Kafka and Pep. O’Shea doesn’t move the needle for me.

The current team can block OC to OC moves, so it would need to be a position coach or someone was just let go,

Bringing in Pep or Kafka would be a huge bonus for Jones considering their success with Luck, Mahomes, and Herbert. And to be honest Daboll seems to be indicating it'll be him that designs the offensive scheme. So this might just be an OC in name sort of situation.

How about plucking Bill Callahan from Cleveland? Seems everywhere that guy goes he creates a solid Oline.

8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Bringing in Pep or Kafka would be a huge bonus for Jones considering their success with Luck, Mahomes, and Herbert. And to be honest Daboll seems to be indicating it'll be him that designs the offensive scheme. So this might just be an OC in name sort of situation.

How about plucking Bill Callahan from Cleveland? Seems everywhere that guy goes he creates a solid Oline.

Giants just hired an OL coach, unless you want him to be our OC? He be 66 next season, and as you said, he is known for OL, not QB or offensive schemes.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Kafka or Pep would be great hires. O'Shea would be a disaster, IMO.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Giants just hired an OL coach, unless you want him to be our OC? He be 66 next season, and as you said, he is known for OL, not QB or offensive schemes.

Yes for OC. Like I said I think when it comes to scheme Daboll is going to run the show. Considering Oline has been our issue year after year a guy like Callahan could make a huge impact. Don't really care if he's 66 his track record speaks for itself (in regard to Olines)

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I have no problems with holdovers so long as they are good coaches. TMac is one of the best in the league, so this is good news. 

Is he though? I can't say either way and ST is so hard to judge but I just wonder why he is considered one of the best. Our kicker is very good, but our punter is very bad in inexplicably got worse. Our return game is nothing to write home about - I assume middle of the road at best. Is it about our kick/punt coverage? Maybe? 

IDK I guess there's nothing wrong with keeping him but you'd think again with the move for fresh ideas that maybe now is a good time to look elsewhere.