2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not high enough to be worth it for the Panthers to move him, I think

Carolina needs to use McCaffrey more from the slot as a WR.  8 -12 rushes per game and 8-12 targets.

Copy what SF did with deebo last season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Carolina needs to use McCaffrey more from the slot as a WR.  8 -12 rushes per game and 8-12 targets.

Copy what SF did with deebo last season.

I agree. I took CMC in the forum mock going on and even mentioned that I may have to use him as a slot receiver as well lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree. I took CMC in the forum mock going on and even mentioned that I may have to use him as a slot receiver as well lol

Hubbard is decent as a 2nd RB. 

Lots of formations and packages you could use to get CMC in space

Mock drafts look extremely lackluster. Maybe it was the impetus for all the FA moves this off season? Ii mean, no glamour positions whatsoever. Are the lineman projected to go extremely high? Because I don’t see a standout guy there either. Hutchinson will be a bust. QB class is one of the worst ever, since the Jags reached on Gabbert. Just awful.

Edited by WheatieMan

4 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Mock drafts look extremely lackluster. Maybe it was the impetus for all the FA moves this off season? Ii mean, no glamour positions whatsoever. Are the lineman projected to go extremely high? Because I don’t see a standout guy there either. Hutchinson will be a bust. QB class is one of the worst ever, since the Jags reached on Gabbert. Just awful.

Hutch dont look like a bust, but they dont usually

59 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I feel like he was more likely asking to stop recording as I don't know how Deebo is tying the sign to the camera (IE howe the camera was previously focusing on it) to communicate something that specific.

Still completely hilarious though

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 6:00 PM, Forge said:

just fed up with antics? @minutemancl had you seen this when you posed your question, or is that just happenstance? If so, that's hilarious 

Entirely coincidental. That said, I don't think he is actually 'on the trade block', but I think the Giants have and will entertain calls for him.

Yes, he isn't showing dedication to the Giants fully by not showing up to voluntary camp and not getting a playbook. That is a bit concerning. However, this is the bottom line- the Giants have 5.5 million in cap space and have to sign 2 top-10 draft picks (right now). They have very few effective offensive playmakers. Trading Toney would trigger an immediate $8 million dead cap hit. So unless someone is willing to offer a good enough trade compensation to make up for losing a talented offensive playmaker on his rookie deal AND $8 million in cap space, he's not going anywhere. So all this talk like "I'd trade a 3rd for Toney and a 4th" are absurd.

Getting Deebo would be worth that trade off, so that's why I proposed it, although hypothetically.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Wes Steinberg is not a real reporter. It is a fake troll account.

Confirmed: Its a good idea to read a bit from the Twitter source before linking.

- Ian Rap o' Port

This troll account had Kaep as a Giant and Golladay as a Packer 5 weeks ago.

This troll did not report interest in Kaep, It reported that the Giants had signed him already.

Just read down 10 posts and realize its trolling.

• Like 1