2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

@TheKillerNacho and @Deadpulse does Kyle have anything left as an edge rusher? He’ll primarily be backup to Bosa and Mack so he won’t have too many snaps.

As an edge rusher? We blitzed a lot in 2020 but that's not how we used him primarily, we used him as a standard 4-3 SLB. While a decent blitzer, his main strength was setting the edge in the run game - and was by far our best Linebacker in 2020 (not that he had much competition in that regard aside from maybe Jerome Baker).

He'd probably play at ILB, not edge, on a 3-4, I'd imagine.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

@Forge fair to wildly speculate and/or discredit this?

Can discredit the part of about "forced to take Lance". Like, I don't know how anyone sees Shanny, and his power in the organization, and then thinks he was forced to do anything lol. Shanny has all the control in the organization. Lynch works for him and that's not really Jed's bag. 

Whether they have been underwhelmed? I think that's 100% fair game because none of us are there. But there are also reports that they have loved him and have been thrilled with his development. The 49ers have been a pretty tight lipped organization since they got there. Leaks are simply not a thing that has happened much, if at all under this regime. So when I see reports like this (going either way, good or bad) I think that they are based on the opinion of people who aren't there. 

But it's a fun talking point. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

As an edge rusher? We blitzed a lot in 2020 but that's not how we used him primarily, we used him as a standard 4-3 SLB. While a decent blitzer, his main strength was setting the edge in the run game - and was by far our best Linebacker in 2020 (not that he had much competition in that regard aside from maybe Jerome Baker).

He'd probably play at ILB, not edge, on a 3-4, I'd imagine.

Interesting. We needed depth at edge since there’s nothing after Mack and Bosa outside of a 4th round pick in 2021. And we seem to have a gluttony at the ILB position.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Can discredit the part of about "forced to take Lance". Like, I don't know how anyone sees Shanny, and his power in the organization, and then thinks he was forced to do anything lol. Shanny has all the control in the organization. Lynch works for him and that's not really Jed's bag. 

Secondary note on this because I forgot but I think it's very important to remember..but there's no way in hell Shanny lets this happen (unwanted QB pushed on him) after the RG3 saga. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

@TheKillerNacho and @Deadpulse does Kyle have anything left as an edge rusher? He’ll primarily be backup to Bosa and Mack so he won’t have too many snaps.

Role player, limited downs. Doesn’t have much speed, power or explosiveness anymore but can kind of do a bit of everything to an average level. If you know what I mean 

good in locker room

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

plz

Would make so much sense and I'd be really happy for him. Get him reunited with Patrick Graham and out of the NFC. My worst nightmare is us releasing him and him signing with the Eagles.

Edited by minutemancl

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Interesting. We needed depth at edge since there’s nothing after Mack and Bosa outside of a 4th round pick in 2021. And we seem to have a gluttony at the ILB position.

He'd be a good get for you guys imo. The first thing I thought of when I saw the possibility is when we got Suggs for the tail end of our season we won the SB. Might not make a crazy impact by numbers but he'd be an experienced player that will lead by example and give quality snaps for a younger defense. That "been there, done that" mentality for high emotion games at the end of the year is underrated.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He'd be a good get for you guys imo. The first thing I thought of when I saw the possibility is when we got Suggs for the tail end of our season we won the SB. Might not make a crazy impact by numbers but he'd be an experienced player that will lead by example and give quality snaps for a younger defense. That "been there, done that" mentality for high emotion games at the end of the year is underrated.

He can’t really get to the QB unless there’s a mass blitz, but the intangibles are there, yeah. I loved KVN 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Forge fair to wildly speculate and/or discredit this?

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Whether they have been underwhelmed? I think that's 100% fair game because none of us are there. But there are also reports that they have loved him and have been thrilled with his development. The 49ers have been a pretty tight lipped organization since they got there. Leaks are simply not a thing that has happened much, if at all under this regime. So when I see reports like this (going either way, good or bad) I think that they are based on the opinion of people who aren't there. 

But it's a fun talking point. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

Secondary note on this because I forgot but I think it's very important to remember..but there's no way in hell Shanny lets this happen (unwanted QB pushed on him) after the RG3 saga. 

Lombardo having no direct 49er inside contact - the connect-the-dots take would be he’s getting that from his ties with Rich Scangarello, who’s no longer with SF but was their QBC in 2021 (and Philly in 2020).   It wouldn’t be surprising if some ex-coaches weren’t as high on Lance as others.   But it’s a stretch on what’s happening now.   

• Like 1

Jimmy through 17 starts: 15-2 record 67.1% 8.2 ypa 4.8 TD% 2.9 INT% 96.2 rating (in 2016-2019 rating league)

Mac through 17 starts 10-7 record 67.6% 7.3 ypa  4.2 TD%  2.5 INT% 92.5 rating in 2021

Mac possibly being better than Trey is speculation. Mac being worse than Jimmy is fact so far.

Mac is also one of the lowest ceiling round 1 QB prospects in a long time. He just does not have special ability.

*Note: Of course Jimmy had the advantage of the Aaron Rodgers plan of learning a bunch before starting while Jones got the Matt Ryan treatment. He gets credit for a nice rookie season. He's still not worthy of a top 3 pick or trading a bunch of assets to get to pick number 3 for him.

Edited by SkippyX