2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

40 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They may as well hold out for a Sam Bradford situation, at this point.

Exactly. 

With Jimmy, it's going to be easier. He has no guaranteed money left. He's going to take a straight paycut to get traded or stay as a back up, or he's just going to get cut before the season starts. In the end, the 49ers will need that money he's basically holding hostage at this point. The Browns are pretty much in whatever mode with Baker right now lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Exactly. 

With Jimmy, it's going to be easier. He has no guaranteed money left. He's going to take a straight paycut to get traded or stay as a back up, or he's just going to get cut before the season starts. In the end, the 49ers will need that money he's basically holding hostage at this point. The Browns are pretty much in whatever mode with Baker right now lol 

Keeping Jimmy as a backup sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Keeping Jimmy as a backup sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I think it's a poor idea just from a locker room standpoint. Jimmy is well, well loved. But he'd be a great backup if he costs like 8m and keeping the vet after the changeover isn't completely unprecedented, though it may be for a qb of Jimmy's caliber. 

But I think Jimmy is just far too liked imo. Seems like he is already gone though... He apparently hasn't even spoken to kittle since the season ended

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd assume that the Seahawks rumored interest in Baker means that they're not too impressed by Lock early on.

I think it’s correlation leading to causation - Seattle has picks and need for a QB, Cleveland has too many QBs, so it fits from that perspective. Deductive reasoning at its finest, it’s going to be similar in Houston with Jimmy Garropolo too.

I didn’t realize Deshaun Watson was 28-26 in his career.

hilarious. Imagine taking on all the stigma the Browns have for Kirk Cousins. Guys 1-4 in his career against the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers and the Browns sold their soul for him.

it’s almost like the last 30 years were a pre-emptive punishment for selling their souls for Watson.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I didn’t realize Deshaun Watson was 28-26 in his career.

hilarious. Imagine taking on all the stigma the Browns have for Kirk Cousins. Guys 1-4 in his career against the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers and the Browns sold their soul for him.

it’s almost like the last 30 years were a pre-emptive punishment for selling their souls for Watson.

Fwiw, most will say it was because the rest of the roster was bleak. I say the truth lies somewhere in-between and no chance in a billion years would I have done what Cleveland has done. Anything less than Super Bowls and it's poverty franchise 101.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Baltimore can’t reach an agreement with Lamar, do they trade him….? Have to imagine the Titans (if they’re done with Tannehill) or Dolphins could pay big bucks for him.

if they went that route it would be after one year on the franchise tag. I don’t think we’d see Baltimore be willing to ship him within the AFC if that were the case. If it were to happen I could see a team like Carolina being willing to sell the farm to get him. 

I think it’s more likely he stays though.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:29 AM, NudeTayne said:

Fwiw, most will say it was because the rest of the roster was bleak. I say the truth lies somewhere in-between and no chance in a billion years would I have done what Cleveland has done. Anything less than Super Bowls and it's poverty franchise 101.

Is anyone realistically expecting Super Bowls with that big of a contract and the competition in the AFC?

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Is anyone realistically expecting Super Bowls with that big of a contract and the competition in the AFC?

Given the Rams had 45M invested at QB this year cap wise it’s an obstacle but it’s not insurmountable.   With the voidable years trick teams really can push back cap hell 4-5 years minimum (and a Saints 2017 type draft can get teams to push it back 3-4 more years too).  That’s a big difference from even 3+ years ago.  

The AFC competition concern is very legit but 40M to QB isn’t the albatross it used to be (back with a lower cap 30M was a big hit).   Obviously the cheap rookie deal elite QB is the Holy Grail but the threshold for big cap hits is so different now.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

You better believe they are. Assuming Watson gets suspended some of this season, this season will understandably be considered a wash and part of the accepted sacrifice of getting him. That said, the Browns are now expected to be in the playoffs every year and make serious Super Bowl runs or bringing that salary and character to town will be considered a disaster and everyone should/will be fired.

And I hope they are.

• Like 1

I thought Donald might want 35 in new money over 3. (May 31st post) and that they would try to find a middle ground over a large gap. He got 40 in new money and a no-tag clause after.

That’s a complete victory for agent and player. It’s not really negotiation, it’s team surrender.