2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

What benefit is there to restoring victories, then? Really, what does it accomplish in the grand scheme of things?

Ok, what was he directed to do? And a speculative question outside of report or rebuttal - do you think he did the right thing? 

Not doing anything in revelation to THESE sort of accusations is enablement to me. Maybe you feel different, but I don't.

It shows that the initial impression of Paterno was jumping the gun. He was directed to report the incident to his supervisor. Which he did immediately.

Do I think he did all he could of? Of course not. But there is a huge difference between not doing the best job he could have and doing nothing/enabling pedo behavior. Assuming the latter based off of speculation seems exactly like what Depp vs. Heard made clear we should avoid doing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Do I think he did all he could of? Of course not. But there is a huge difference between not doing the best job he could have and doing nothing/enabling pedo behavior. Assuming the latter based off of speculation seems exactly like what Depp vs. Heard made clear we should avoid doing.

Fair. Can't argue this.

Appreciate your time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think if a full season as a starter for the Browns is sitting right there, Baker would be stupid not to take it even if the water of the well is poisoned.

his career trajectory if he doesn’t start this year is not going to go well.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think if a full season as a starter for the Browns is sitting right there, Baker would be stupid not to take it even if the water of the well is poisoned.

his career trajectory if he doesn’t start this year is not going to go well.

If I'm Mayfield - if the Browns rescind that Watson contract, I go in there and expect a multi year extension with considerable guaranteed money and a very restrictive no trade clause. Force the Browns to commit to him long term, get paid in the process. How well he plays is irrelevant, get generational wealth and coast in neutral...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

I don't think anyone in the Texans organization fits this room, either. I've made my thoughts on Jack Easterby very apparent over the past 3-4 years; Nothing has really changed. Ditto the McNair family, who has a documented record of subtle racism and oppression/retaliation of those who don't hold the same "views" as they do (look up Amy Palcic if you want an example of how close minded and petty the Texans ownership team can be). 

THIS part I question - even if the numbers were fabricated, the Browns still knew the number was at 22, with potential to grow. The Browns stated they did "their own investigation" and still chose to move forward with their trade and record setting contract - so either they investigated this and knew there were more cases, or they didn't investigate this at all. 

Either way, they took a chance knowing this could blow up (and even structured the contract to keep Watson from losing too much money when he was suspended). There's no scenario where the Browns deserve to get anything back. 

The "fairest" solution would be to remove the pick from both teams - neither Browns or Texans get it. Just have 31 first round picks the next two years. Texans GM Nick Caserio knew nothing about this issue coming into this job from New England, so he's the only "innocent" person impacted by this potential solution.

Everyone else has blood on their hands, IMO.

The only thing I read about that PR lady is that she wasn't a "cultural fit" and that's it?

Absolutely nothing there mentions anyone's views?

https://sports.yahoo.com/attorney-houston-texans-will-be-added-as-defendants-in-deshaun-watson-civil-suits-221644902.html

This should effectively end the "The Texans/McNairs and Buzbee are in this together to sabotage Watson" narrative.

@Awsi Dooger - care to hear how Buzbee suing the Houston Texans factors into your theory of how this is orchestrated in the Buzbee/McNair/Easterby collusion you're so adamant about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Kupp is up next for a deal.

Predicting mow, he'll get something close to $30M per year, his cap hit this year will go down, and people will remain confused about it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Oh boy. Heads might roll for this 

i choose violence GIF

Let the games begin!

For somebody who has been wanting a purge of the Texans from the top down - this right here is exactly what I'd like to see.

Will the McNair family have to sell? Will Jack Easterby get fired? I don't know, but those are both on the table at this point.

I really wanted to be out of the Watson drama, but we're gonna keep this gravy train rolling...