2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm rooting for you, @Broncofan!!! 

Lol.   Just send me a lot of gin if that happens.  Like….a lot. 

FWIW with Paton as GM  & now Klint Kubiak as passing game coordinator the more likely plan C vet wise is Cousins.  Which would be 20x better.   But nothing like the elite upgrade ARod or Wilson offers.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Just now, Broncofan said:

Lol.   Just send me a lot of gin if that happens.  Like….a lot. 

FWIW with Paton as GM  & now Klint Kubiak as passing game coordinator the more likely plan C vet wise is Cousins.  

But we have Klay Kubiak! So he's well versed with a history of Kubiaks! 

• Like 1

Rams looking to bring back Von Miller and Odell Beckham Jr next year. We've been buried in dead cap this year, so perhaps would be possible as we have plenty of cap we could restructure and move about. It'd be great to see OBJ, Kupp and Woods on the field at the same time. 

Just now, DerbyRam said:

Rams looking to bring back Von Miller and Odell Beckham Jr next year. We've been buried in dead cap this year, so perhaps would be possible as we have plenty of cap we could restructure and move about. It'd be great to see OBJ, Kupp and Woods on the field at the same time. 

I was curious whether or not you would trade Woods in that situation. I know the cap space isn't great, but also not anything super detrimental or problematic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I was curious whether or not you would trade Woods in that situation. I know the cap space isn't great, but also not anything super detrimental or problematic. 

Potentially, although I really hope we wouldn't. I get that he would be 30, coming off a big injury, but he's so good for this team in a number of different ways. 

You look at the cap saving if we trade him, $13.5m, I guess it has to be considered a possibility. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I imagine his injury would complicate that process.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, adamq said:

Not gonna happen, but boy would I love to see Carr in Tampa

23 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm with you bro 

If I could pick any Brady successor for next season , it'd be Carr. Over Russ or Arod (I feel like they'd bring drama)

Carr with Evans and Godwin (should resign) would be awesome

But like you said, it's not likely

If it was just for a 1st I'd do that trade in a heartbeat

Glad to see Carr has fans elsewhere. Raider Nation is practically 50/50 on him being a franchise type QB and being a glorified backup that belongs in the USFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Glad to see Carr has fans elsewhere. Raider Nation is practically 50/50 on him being a franchise type QB and being a glorified backup that belongs in the USFL.

hahaha

wow i was not aware of that

i just feel like he's done well with the turmoil

i know passing yardage isnt an indicator of success but i feel like Carr has done alot with not really much help other than Waller emerging out of nowhere

i feel like in the right offense and a couple improved weapons Carr would be fantastic

i guess youre right though, things  always seem greener elsewhere 

but imo Carr would be one of the top options this offseason if in fact available

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

hahaha

wow i was not aware of that

i just feel like he's done well with the turmoil

i know passing yardage isnt an indicator of success but i feel like Carr has done alot with not really much help other than Waller emerging out of nowhere

i feel like in the right offense and a couple improved weapons Carr would be fantastic

i guess youre right though, things  always seem greener elsewhere 

but imo Carr would be one of the top options this offseason if in fact available

I don t think McDaniels takes the job if he was looking to replace Carr.  

16 hours ago, Forge said:

And cap space has never been a hurdle for Snead & Co. I think Gurley's dead money finally comes off the books, but we still have Goff's (could be wrong).

I think Robert Woods could get moved, but his injury would really hurt this value. I think Tyler Higbee is another trade candidate if they believe in Jacob Harris, Blanton , and Hopkins to make a leap. Whitworth will likely retire. I'd do everything possible to keep Von and OBJ 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I imagine his injury would complicate that process.

I kind of figured if you and OBJ were locked in to extending, it could be an Anquan Boldin situation where you guys just kind of move him. I'm not overly familiar enough with the cap situation and what OBJ / Miller would want though. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Robert Woods could get moved, but his injury would really hurt this value. I think Tyler Higbee is another trade candidate if they believe in Jacob Harris, Blanton , and Hopkins to make a leap. Whitworth will likely retire. I'd do everything possible to keep Von and OBJ 

Blanton looked good to me lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I kind of figured if you and OBJ were locked in to extending, it could be an Anquan Boldin situation where you guys just kind of move him. I'm not overly familiar enough with the cap situation and what OBJ / Miller would want though. 

You have to assume they both of these guys would be willing to take somewhat of discount playing in LA. 1. to remain on a contender and 2. the amount of money they'll make off the field from marketing/advertising in that city would justify taking less and help build their brand for years after football.