What now?

bucstopshere

6 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

1. Shoot for the moon and try for Rodgers or Wilson. Next to no chance of getting either, but you have to at least make a call.

This. If this doesn't happen, throw Trask out there and see what he has for a full year. No need to waste money on terrible FA QBs. 

If Trask tanks, we will have a good pick in the draft to get a QB. BA will retire, maybe Leftwich steps in. If not, blow up the coaching staff and start over with a clean slate. This offense is incredibly difficult for QBs, so I'm not expecting any immediate success from a young QB as long as Arians/Leftwich are here.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We spent a high round draft pick on Trask for this exact scenario. He got a full year under his belt to sit back and learn the offense and be the understudy to the GOAT at the QB position. It's his time to sink/swim. 

Yep, great way to put it

Agree 💯

But, if there was 1 QB I'd want (that has had rumors of moving elsewhere), it'd be Derek Carr 

Heck I'd give up a 1st no problem for Carr if that was it

Arod or Russ would be too expensive and bring too much drama

But other than that, let the Trask era begin, who knows, maybe he'll ball out

I'm not advocating the Bucs trading for Jimmy G, but isn't it interesting how the media always avoids criticizing Kyle Shannahan.  The Niners have only played well with Jimmy under center since Harbaugh was not retained.

If they go 2nd tier trade (Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G), the choice is easy for me Jimmy G. Buckle up, about to be a wild ride.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I'm not advocating the Bucs trading for Jimmy G, but isn't it interesting how the media always avoids criticizing Kyle Shannahan.  The Niners have only played well with Jimmy under center since Harbaugh was not retained.

If they go 2nd tier trade (Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G), the choice is easy for me Jimmy G. Buckle up, about to be a wild ride.

IMO, Jimmy is probably the only one of these 2nd tier QB names that actually changes teams.

Cousins contract is gonna make it hard for majority of teams to even fit him under the cap and I'm sure the team that takes him on is gonna want significant draft pick capital in exchange, which I dont see Vikings agreeing to.

Josh McDaniels is said to like Derek Carr and a big reason he took the job. Not sure he moves either, especially since they were a playoff team.

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

IMO, Jimmy is probably the only one of these 2nd tier QB names that actually changes teams.

Cousins contract is gonna make it hard for majority of teams to even fit him under the cap and I'm sure the team that takes him on is gonna want significant draft pick capital in exchange, which I dont see Vikings agreeing to.

Josh McDaniels is said to like Derek Carr and a big reason he took the job. Not sure he moves either, especially since they were a playoff team.

Carr and Cousin with their combined 1 playoff win, no thanks.   Niners gave up 3 1sts for Lance I believe.  Makes sense Jimmy G is most likely to go.    I give credit to Jimmy G's professionalism.  ARod been annoyed for years about the Pack drafting Love.  Jimmy just kept playing.  

The Bucs really can go in any direction.  I want to see them go with Trask and see what happens from my fan view.  However, this team just won 24 regular season games and 5 playoff games the last 2 yrs.  Does the HC and GM share the same point of view as the fan?  It may end up Trask/Gabbert, but I'm pretty sure it isn't "Door 1".  For our discussion is Jimmy G's door> Trask/Gabbert door?  Also, Jimmy has some leverage.  Last yr of his deal, he'll need to sign an extension.  A team giving up assets wants some long-term security 

Watching Jimmy G he worries me, he's not the QB that we all just got use to that can win a game for you when we need it.  I don't think he fits that mold for BA of Big Arm and Smart QB but does he know some of the verbiage that Tom probably installed, I think it's still in his head.  The part that worries me about BA and his QB whisperer thought process, does he go out and see what Wentz will cost.  While I may not want him, I feel like BA looks at him and says that I can fix him.  I doubt that Indy gives up on him that quick because I think that implosion is more on the OC and HC than Wentz but something has to change after how bad that season ended.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Watching Jimmy G he worries me, he's not the QB that we all just got use to that can win a game for you when we need it.  I don't think he fits that mold for BA of Big Arm and Smart QB but does he know some of the verbiage that Tom probably installed, I think it's still in his head.  The part that worries me about BA and his QB whisperer thought process, does he go out and see what Wentz will cost.  While I may not want him, I feel like BA looks at him and says that I can fix him.  I doubt that Indy gives up on him that quick because I think that implosion is more on the OC and HC than Wentz but something has to change after how bad that season ended.

BA is close to 70.  Does he really want to develop an unproven QB at this point?  Maybe, but I can sure see him against it.  Just think it is easier for us to say "be patient".  The reality is the NFC South is a mess.  The Bucs get decent QB play, they will probably win the division.  I will speculate BA at this moment prefers a Qb with the track record of actually winning in the playoffs.  The organization still believes this will be a SB roster.  "Be patient" at.Qb and SB roster are really at opposite ends of spectrum.  Going to be a wild ride this offseason.

Just now, ravishingone said:

BA is close to 70.  Does he really want to develop an unproven QB at this point?  Maybe, but I can sure see him against it.  Just think it is easier for us to say "be patient".  The reality is the NFC South is a mess.  The Bucs get decent QB play, they will probably win the division.  I will speculate BA at this moment prefers a Qb with the track record of actually winning in the playoffs.  The organization still believes this will be a SB roster.  "Be patient" at.Qb and SB roster are really at opposite ends of spectrum.  Going to be a wild ride this offseason.

Exactly, I think that's why they push to go out and get one of the big names, Russ or Rodgers and if not go plan B of Jimmy G, Wentz if available, or Watson.  Like you said I just don't see BA developing. We're in a win now in the next year or 2 and then rebuilding and developing becomes Byron's probably if he's still here.

• Like 1