What now?

bucstopshere

9 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Byron to JAX is dead.  Your nightmare can now resume.  🤣😂

yeah , im just holding out hope , maybe he goes to New Orleans or something idk

20 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Exactly, I think that's why they push to go out and get one of the big names, Russ or Rodgers and if not go plan B of Jimmy G, Wentz if available, or Watson.  Like you said I just don't see BA developing. We're in a win now in the next year or 2 and then rebuilding and developing becomes Byron's probably if he's still here.

i agree with you guys that the NFC south is winnable next season , with a competent QB

but the question is, do we just want to go to the playoffs and get bounced round 1 or do we want to figure out what Trask is and either keep him or draft someone next year?

1 minute ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yeah , im just holding out hope , maybe he goes to New Orleans or something idk

i agree with you guys that the NFC south is winnable next season , with a competent QB

but the question is, do we just want to go to the playoffs and get bounced round 1 or do we want to figure out what Trask is and either keep him or draft someone next year?

That's an easy choice for BA.  His answer is going to be much different then a fan

I really don't care to see a retread whatsoever. Give Trask the shot, if he fails we'll be in a great position to find a franchise QB next year. He succeeds it answers our own question. Draft OLine. Like to see Linderbaum out of Iowa to replace Jensen. I might even bring in Trubisky to compete with Trask for the job, he wins we know the answer to Trask too lol

1 hour ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Not that it means much but seems like you always need to hear what the Vegas odds are but right after I posted my thought on BA going after Wentz, Vegas put Wentz as +450 to be the next QB in Tampa. 

That s interesting, I just assumed Wentz was safe in Indy because of the draft compensation to get him.  He may be trending toward the Carson Palmer career path.  High draft pick, traded for high picks, then viewed as on the down slope gets traded again for basically not much to AZ.  

10 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

man....

ngl its depressing to think of our next QB being:

Wentz

Teddy

Jimmy G

other retread QB

once you Goat, you just wana keep Goating

Yeah it will be hard but at least we have to hope that the mentality of the GOAT is what sticks around in this locker room and got rid of the old mindset we had.  Honestly if there is no legal issue or Watson gets it taken care of like Winston, he fits our system already.  Comparing his intended pass yardage he is always around about 9 yards per attempt and Brady was at or above 9 the last 2 years.  Could only imagine Watson behind a somewhat decent OL instead of getting sacked 40+ times a year. Again I don't think we are going to take a risk on another "bad image" QB.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

But Palmer was like a top five QB in Cincy before the knee injury. Wentz has had one season that wasn't ***.

Carson Palmer's last season in OAK he was 33 with comp % -61, TDs - 22, picks - 14.  He was traded for a 6th rd pick and conditional 7th.  The league thought he was cooked obviously.   2nd yr with BA, pretty sure Palmer was top 3 in MVP.

My basic point is BA has an eye for QB talent the rest of the league may not share.  It could be Wentz or Jimmy G, don't know. As the dust settles on Brady, I find it hard to believe BA says let's roll with Trask/Gabbert.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Carson Palmer's last season in OAK he was 33 with comp % -61, TDs - 22, picks - 14.  He was traded for a 6th rd pick and conditional 7th.  The league thought he was cooked obviously.   2nd yr with BA, pretty sure Palmer was top 3 in MVP.

My basic point is BA has an eye for QB talent the rest of the league may not share.  It could be Wentz or Jimmy G, don't know. As the dust settles on Brady, I find it hard to believe BA says let's roll with Trask/Gabbert.

But Palmer was good once. Really good. The same isn't true of Wentz.

Didn't you just say you didn't wanna trade for average QBs?