Should Allen Robinson return?

Heinz D.

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

No. I want SPEED.

We already have Mooney? I suppose signing him to a new deal might take precedence...but if something could be worked out with both? 

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

I like Christian Kirk quite a bit, loved him coming out of A&M

He's VERY good. Again, you gotta retain Mooney...but if you can swing both guys, it's all good. 

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

We already have Mooney? I suppose signing him to a new deal might take precedence...but if something could be worked out with both? 

Our new staff comes from a bit of a mixed bag at WR. Getsy had a little of everything with Adams, Lazard, Cobb and MVS as did IND with Pittman, Hilton and Pascal, but KC is super speed oriented with Hill and Hardman. I don’t think there’s any one right way to do it, but I do know that watching the KC/BUF game I kept coming back to “Holy **** Hill and Hardman are so much faster than everyone.” And I liked it a lot. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Our new staff comes from a bit of a mixed bag at WR. Getsy had a little of everything with Adams, Lazard, Cobb and MVS as did IND with Pittman, Hilton and Pascal, but KC is super speed oriented with Hill and Hardman. I don’t think there’s any one right way to do it, but I do know that watching the KC/BUF game I kept coming back to “Holy **** Hill and Hardman are so much faster than everyone.” And I liked it a lot. 

Don't get me wrong. If we can have Kirk AND Mooney, I'm all for it. Robinson can trundle off to the Jets, or whoever...

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't get me wrong. If we can have Kirk AND Mooney, I'm all for it. Robinson can trundle off to the Jets, or whoever...

We absolutely can have Kirk and Mooney. Even if we extend Mooney after next year his 2023 salary will probably still be really reasonable. I do like Kirk but he’s an ideal fit for Kingsbury’s offense too and AZ is home for him (he’s from Scottsdale). I think they will look to prioritize keeping him.

If pure speed is what you’re after though I think Chark is the guy in that tier, but he comes with the injury question (which you can 100% have vetted out before FA). I don’t hate the idea of Byrd or Grant back in a WR4 role because they have elite speed too and Getsy hopefully will know better how to use that speed to create mismatches. 

• Like 1

I hope they move on and try to get two #2 WRs with the ability to ascend to 1s. Something a combination of any two of - Juju, Chark, MVS, and Kirk (or even Lazard if he is not retained as a RFA) - rather than over paying ARob at this point. Or paying one of them and Gallup. Any of those two in addition to Mooney is a far cry from what DAL, TB, KC has but is much better than we have had in years. Plus has the potential to grow into a top squad if Fields progresses. They should progress as well. 

I think ARob is probably past the point of no return.

IDC what system we run, the OC needs to put the best players on the field and put them in position to succeed. Adapt the system to the players you have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I hope they move on and try to get two #2 WRs with the ability to ascend to 1s. Something a combination of any two of - Juju, Chark, MVS, and Kirk (or even Lazard if he is not retained as a RFA) - rather than over paying ARob at this point. Or paying one of them and Gallup. Any of those two in addition to Mooney is a far cry from what DAL, TB, KC has but is much better than we have had in years. Plus has the potential to grow into a top squad if Fields progresses. They should progress as well. 

I think ARob is probably past the point of no return.

IDC what system we run, the OC needs to put the best players on the field and put them in position to succeed. Adapt the system to the players you have.

You aren’t going to get a #1 out of Juju. A good portion of his value comes from his run blocking and doing the dirty work across the middle, drawing guys out of position etc. I think there’s a role for him in the offense we want to run, but he is what he is at this point.

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

You aren’t going to get a #1 out of Juju. A good portion of his value comes from his run blocking and doing the dirty work across the middle, drawing guys out of position etc. I think there’s a role for him in the offense we want to run, but he is what he is at this point.

I like Juju as a fit but agree he’s not a 1. If you’re bringing him in I think you’re hoping that Mooney or a draft pick ascend to a 1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears WRs had a ton of pure speed last season FWIW. Finding a guy who can replace Robinson's contested catch ability should be a priority.

And the speed was well used with the fastest curl routes in the league. lol

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I don't believe so either but with Juju doing the dirty work that helps Mooney focus on getting into space and allowing one of the other listed guys to hopefully ascend. I'd be damn happy with a WR corps that had one true #1 and two #2 talents to fill out their 11 personnel. That allows 3ish years to let Mooney grow into a 1 or for someone else to grow that is drafted by Poles (hopefully). If not then depth should allow for mismatches on almost any play as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Juju doing the dirty work

This is why I’m pretty high on adding a guy like Juju or Russell Gage in FA. A reliable chain mover who will work the middle has so much value IMO. If we come away with something like Gage/Juju, an experienced, inexpensive WR4 for depth like Demarcus Robinson and a WR with legit speed and huge upside in round 2/3 I’d be pretty pleased with that. That plan also has us still able to spend on a legit asset on the OL and at CB too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is why I’m pretty high on adding a guy like Juju or Russell Gage in FA. A reliable chain mover who will work the middle has so much value IMO. If we come away with something like Gage/Juju, an experienced, inexpensive WR4 for depth like Demarcus Robinson and a WR with legit speed and huge upside in round 2/3 I’d be pretty pleased with that. That plan also has us still able to spend on a legit asset on the OL and at CB too. 

That and also as a runblocker he allows more potential yardage for Monty, which in turn just helps Fields that much more. Mooney is a weakness in the rungame but if he is on the boundary that is less of an issue. I'd rather like to run out with the Colt's offense when they had Manning, get Juju and Kmet in the slots and spread the defense out. You have two plus blockers at slot for that role and the other two WRs are less of a liability in the run game. You can still utilize motions and the like to gain a bit of information on the defense too, but it would open lanes for Fields, Monty, and Herbert to run too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

That and also as a runblocker he allows more potential yardage for Monty, which in turn just helps Fields that much more. Mooney is a weakness in the rungame but if he is on the boundary that is less of an issue. I'd rather like to run out with the Colt's offense when they had Manning, get Juju and Kmet in the slots and spread the defense out. You have two plus blockers at slot for that role and the other two WRs are less of a liability in the run game. You can still utilize motions and the like to gain a bit of information on the defense too, but it would open lanes for Fields, Monty, and Herbert to run too.

Stop saying things that make sense, will ya?